logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:14:09 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"The religious right is over because they lost their children. "

--The Rev. Jim Wallis, progressive evangelical leader and founder of the anti-poverty group Sojourners, quoted in CNN's Belief Blog about younger evangelicals who don't want to be defined by debates over abortion and homosexuality.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 1:47:18 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:
Quote:

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"There is a concern with all the rumors you hear about sleeper cells and all that. Are we supposed to be complacent just because these people say it's a religion of peace? Many others have said the same thing. "

--Pastor Bill Rench of Calvary Baptist Church in Temecula, Calif., about his and other's opposition to a planned Islamic Center of Temecula Valley, which would open next door to his church. He was quoted by the Los Angeles Times.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 3:20:15 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Friday, July 23, 2010

"You don't link priest sex abuse with women who want to serve God. That's like linking manure with fresh fruit and vegetables. "

--Sister Christine Schenk, director of the church reform group FutureChurch, after the Vatican revamped its rules on sex abuse and included the “attempted ordination of a woman” in the same category of crimes as child rape. She was quoted by The Plain Dealer.
Offline Richard  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 9:05:11 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I really dislike agreeing with the Vatican on anything, but in this case I do. Wrong is wrong. When Yahuweh declared, "The soul that sins shall die," He didn't distinguish one sin from another. Neither should we.
Offline Yada  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:20:15 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Monday, July 26, 2010

"I over-repented. "

--Ted Haggard, a former megachurch leader who got caught in a gay sex scandal and has started a new Colorado church, speaking in an interview with The Wall Street Journal about how he accepted too much guilt after the scandal erupted.
Offline Jeff-s  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 7:33:12 AM(UTC)
Jeff-s

From RNS:

Quote:
Friday, July 23, 2010

"You don't link priest sex abuse with women who want to serve God. That's like linking manure with fresh fruit and vegetables. "

--Sister Christine Schenk, director of the church reform group FutureChurch, after the Vatican revamped its rules on sex abuse and included the “attempted ordination of a woman” in the same category of crimes as child rape. She was quoted by The Plain Dealer.

Maybe the vatican is following 1 timothy 2:12 where paul wrote "But I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, rather, to be in silence. "

Just something to ponder.

Jeff
Offline Yada  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 1:28:16 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"After Mass, I used to hug kids. No way I'm going to hug a kid now. I mean, if there's a tornado and I see a couple kids on the sidewalk as I'm driving by, too bad! Lightning, rain? Sorry, find your own way home. This is the world we live in. "

--The Rev. Tom Reese of Georgetown University, in an interview with Washingtonian magazine about the lingering effects of the clergy sex abuse scandal.
Offline Yada  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 1:29:32 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Thursday, July 29, 2010

"France, with all its power and clout, can't touch the head-cover of a nun, but it can assault any face-veiled woman. "

--Ayman al-Zawahri, al-Qaida's No. 2 leader, responding to France's proposal to ban the full-face Islamic veil. He was quoted by The Associated Press.
Offline Yada  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2010 3:14:24 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Monday, August 02, 2010

"Just because she's sinned, doesn't mean that she's not a part of us any more. "

--The Rev. Todd Stinnett of Grace Baptist Church of Morristown, Tenn., discussing the return of member Barbara Whitt, 55, after she was charged with embezzling more than $1.5 million from nearby First Baptist Church of Morristown. He was quoted on the Web site of WVLT-TV in Knoxville.
Offline Yada  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:51:23 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Tuesday, August 03, 2010

"I am a 57-year-old virgin. "

--The Rev. Tom Brock of Hope Lutheran Church in Minneapolis, who admitted to being sexually attracted to men but says he's not gay because he's never acted on it. Brock, quoted by The Associated Press, has been vocally critical of sexually active gays and lesbians leading Lutheran congregations.
Offline Yada  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 11:42:55 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Wednesday, August 04, 2010

"The World Trade Center site will forever hold a special place in our city, in our hearts. But we would be untrue to the best part of ourselves, and who we are as New Yorkers and Americans, if we said no to a mosque in lower Manhattan. "

--New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg in a speech after a city panel cleared the way for a mosque and Islamic cultural center to be built blocks from Ground Zero.
Offline Yada  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 2:26:23 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:
Quote:

Thursday, August 05, 2010

"Let's not demonize the prodigal daughter. Let's give her room to come home, if and when she wants. Let's not verify her experience of angry, raging Christians. "

--Russell Moore, dean of the School of Theology at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, commenting on his blog about vampire novelist Anne Rice's recent announcement that she has “quit” Christianity.
Offline Yada  
#13 Posted : Saturday, August 7, 2010 1:12:14 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Friday, August 06, 2010

"There are enough black people dancing on TV without me. "

--The Rev. Al Sharpton, civil rights activist, joking in a Newsweek interview about how he declined a 2008 invitation to appear on “Dancing with the Stars.”
Offline Yada  
#14 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 4:14:50 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:
Quote:

Monday, August 09, 2010

"I've lived in Virginia my whole life. I listen to rap. I play basketball. I watch football. I wasn't brought up the way these crazy people (terrorists) are brought up. I just want to live on with my life. I don't want to be an informant. I want to work for an IT company. I want to be a normal person. "

--Yahye Wehelie, a 26-year-old Muslim man and Virginia native who was stranded for 11 weeks in Egypt because he was on the no-fly list. In an interview with The Washington Post, he said he was questioned by FBI special agents about possible links to Islamic radicals.
Offline Yada  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 12:50:41 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Our faith motivates and inspires us but we do not proselytize. "

--Dirk Frans, director of International Assistance Mission, a Christian aid agency that works in Afghanistan. Ten IAM workers were murdered in Afghanistan last Thursday (Aug. 5) and the Taliban has accused the agency of trying to convert Muslims. Frans was quoted by The Associated Press.
Offline Yada  
#16 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 2:57:39 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"A friendship did develop. Hear this: No immorality whatsoever. These people out there are making it sound like we had an affair. That's a lie. "

--Evangelist Benny Hinn speaking July 30 at a crusade in Oakland, Calif., about his relationship with fellow evangelist Paula White after The National Enquirer published photos of them walking hand-in-hand in Rome. He was quoted by the website of Charisma magazine.
Offline Yada  
#17 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 6:37:04 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Thursday, August 12, 2010

"To those Americans who happen to be Muslim, I say: Please do not think that the hatefulness of a few visible `Christians' represents the views of all the rest of us. Some of us are just as appalled by what we are witnessing as you are. . "

--Christian ethicist David Gushee of Mercer University, writing for The Huffington Post about the proposed Islamic community center near New York's ground zero that is opposed by some conservative leaders.
Offline Yada  
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2010 4:41:33 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Friday, August 13, 2010

"I do not believe these charges are true. Elias, my son, is a religious, God-fearing man who always assists anyone who needs help. "

--Iyam al-Azzam, mother of Israeli citizen and legal U.S. resident Elias Abuelazam, who was charged Wednesday (Aug. 11) in connection with a three-month stabbing spree in Michigan. The comments to Israel Radio were quoted by The Associated Press.
Offline Yada  
#19 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 3:15:45 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:
Quote:

Monday, August 16, 2010

"Demons aren't lazy, Christians are. "

--Pastor Donald Crosby of Warner Robins, Ga., who was arrested on Aug. 9 for protesting the local high school's mascot, the Demon.
Offline Yada  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:43:24 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"When I think of the Constitution and the oath I took, it is to support Jew and Gentile, Protestant and Catholic, Muslim and Christian. It doesn't have a limitation to it. I think it's incredibly dangerous for (Republicans) to move down this path, and it undermines a lot of their other arguments about the Constitution and the preservation of the Constitution. "

--Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J., on Republican opposition to a planned Islamic center in lower Manhattan near Ground Zero. He was quoted by The Star-Ledger.
Offline Yada  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:50:50 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"We teach tolerance by being tolerant. We can't insist that our freedom of speech allows us to draw cartoons or produce plays that Muslims find offensive and then demand that they be more sensitive to our feelings. More to the point, the tolerance we urge the Muslim world to embrace as we exercise our right to free expression ... is the same we must embrace when Muslims seek to express themselves peacefully. "

--Washington Post columnist Kathleen Parker, writing about the proposed Cordoba House Islamic center near Ground Zero.
Offline Yada  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:57:19 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
“Colors fade, temples crumble, empires fall, but wise words endure.”

- Edward Thorndike (1874-1949), American psychologist
Offline Yada  
#23 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 3:56:23 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Friday, August 20, 2010

"You could always play the `would-of, could-of, should-of,' but the president's top priority here isn't making sure that Americans know what a devout Christian he is, it's making sure that we're getting the economy on track and we're creating jobs in this country. "

--White House Deputy Press Secretary Bill Burton, speaking Thursday (Aug. 19) aboard Air Force One about a poll that shows an increasing number of Americans mistakenly believe President Obama is a Muslim.
Offline Yada  
#24 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 6:10:22 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Monday, August 23, 2010

"The individuals who call this an act of insensitivity forget that Muslim Americans were victims on 9/11 also. Our country was attacked. Our neighbors were attacked. ... Our faith was hijacked on that day. "

--Haris Tarin, director of the Washington office of the Muslim Public Affairs Council, speaking about how he thinks the debate over a proposed Islamic center near Ground Zero reflects a growing lack of acceptance of U.S. Muslims. He was quoted by The Washington Post.
Offline MadDog  
#25 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 10:41:28 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I've heard this arguement before but besides the 19 muslims who died committing jihad does any one know the actual number of civilian muslims who died on 9/11? Or at least I've heard the talking heads on TV claim that innocent muslims also died on 9/11. Any way it's nothing new for jihadists to use civilians as shields or prop them up to be killed by our military forces to make us look bad.
Offline Yada  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:05:55 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"For many people who do not understand Islam, Muslims do not appear in the Western media to act in a way that let them believe that Islam is a religion of peace. So there is a certain cognitive dissonance here. If Islam is a religion of peace, why do we see Muslims unpeaceful? Why do we see suicide bombings in Muslim countries? Why do we see indiscriminate killing of people? "

--Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the organizer behind the controversial Park51 Islamic center near Ground Zero, speaking to Bahrain TV during a tour of the Middle East sponsored by the U.S. State Department.
Offline Yada  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 5:03:51 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:
Quote:

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"As long as it's humane, we allow the customer to do whatever their tradition and religion dictate. We just clean up afterwards.
"

--Joe Cavanaugh, owner of Lambco, a slaughterhouse in New Windsor, Md., that caters mostly to Muslims, including immigrants who wanted to follow Muslim dietary and slaughter laws during Ramadan. He was quoted by The Washington Post.
Offline Yada  
#28 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 2:18:58 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:
Quote:

Thursday, August 26, 2010

"I beg of you, don't kill me. I worked so hard, I have a family. "

--New York City cab driver Ahmed H. Sharif, on what he told alleged attacker Michael Enright, after Enright attacked him Tuesday when Sharif admitted he was an observant Muslim. He was quoted by The New York Times
Offline Yada  
#29 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 4:06:58 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Friday, August 27, 2010

"It helps to know that you have some people behind you. Not because they're the same religion as you, but just because they know what's right and what's wrong. "

--Adam Sbita, 21, a junior at George Mason University, speaking to The Washington Post about the support of Muslims exhibited recently by President Obama, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and “The Daily Show” host Jon Stewart.
Offline Yada  
#30 Posted : Friday, September 3, 2010 3:32:43 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Wednesday, September 01, 2010

"How much of this is turning to God? How much is religious revival and how much is a snake oil medicine show? "

--Tom Tradup a vice president at Salem Radio Network, which serves more than 2,000 mostly Christian stations, about Glenn Beck's turn toward religious rhetoric. He was quoted by The Washington Post.
Offline Yada  
#31 Posted : Sunday, September 5, 2010 7:09:46 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Thursday, September 02, 2010

"That's not primarily because the bishops got the Holy Spirit, that's because the bishops got sued. "

--Kelly Clark, a Portland, Ore., lawyer for six men who reached a settlement Wednesday (Sept. 1) with the Boy Scouts over sexual abuse by a former Scout leader. He was talking about changes the Roman Catholic Church made to protect children after the sexual abuse crisis exploded in 2002.
Offline Yada  
#32 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 3:38:05 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Friday, September 10, 2010

"I will do everything that I can as long as I am president of the United States to remind the American people that we are one nation under God, and we may call that God different names, but we remain one nation."

--President Obama, speaking at a White House news conference Friday (Sept. 10), the day before the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
Offline Yada  
#33 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 3:39:11 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:
Quote:

Thursday, September 09, 2010

"Here's the reality: That video will never go away. It will be so detrimental to our work with religious liberty around the world. Everywhere I go around the world, I will have to address this for years to come. "

--Geoff Tunnicliffe, CEO of the World Evangelical Alliance, about a Florida pastor's plans to burn Qurans on Saturday, the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. He was quoted by The Washington Post.
Offline Yada  
#34 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 3:40:30 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:
Quote:

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"Images of the burning of a Quran would undoubtedly be used by extremists in Afghanistan -- and around the world -- to inflame public opinion and incite violence. "

--Gen. David Petraeus, commander of U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan, about the danger posed by a Florida church's plans to burn Qurans on 9/11. He was quoted in an e-mail to The Associated Press.
Offline Yada  
#35 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 7:03:02 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Friday, September 17, 2010

"I think it's kind of stupid for them to kick me out of school for a nose piercing. It's in the First Amendment for me to have freedom of religion."

--Ariana Iacono of Clayton, N.C., whose family belongs to the Church of Body Modification, on her fight to wear a nose ring to school as an article of faith. She was quoted by the Associated Press.
Offline Royce  
#36 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 1:53:06 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Yada wrote:
From RNS:Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"Images of the burning of a Quran would undoubtedly be used by extremists in Afghanistan -- and around the world -- to inflame public opinion and incite violence. "

--Gen. David Petraeus, commander of U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan, about the danger posed by a Florida church's plans to burn Qurans on 9/11. He was quoted in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

This is like saying we outlaw car races because someone might go fast and kill someone.
Offline Yada  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 4:31:29 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Monday, October 04, 2010

"It makes church longer. We should be eating lunch by now. "

--Jacqui Williams, 42, of Brooklyn, talking to The New York Times about politicians coming to give speeches at houses of worship during the fall campaign season.
Offline Yada  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 4:32:56 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Wednesday, October 06, 2010

"A guy wearing nothing but a gold G-string walked past our stand, and we ended up having a fat chat. It's great. "

--Bruce MacKenzie, a leader in South Africa's God First Church, on why his church hosted a booth at a sex expo outside Johannesburg. He was quoted by ENINews.
Offline Richard  
#39 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2010 2:04:35 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

I could have done without that visual, old son. Shame on you, man! I think I'm goin' blind!
Offline Yada  
#40 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 2:42:22 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Friday, October 15, 2010

"I don't think it's a choice. I think that people are born with a certain makeup, and that we're all children of God. We don't make determinations about who we love. And that's why I think that discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is wrong. "

--President Obama, who was asked at a Thursday (Oct. 14) youth town hall meeting in Washington about whether he thinks being gay or transsexual is a matter of choice.
Offline Jeff-s  
#41 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:24:29 AM(UTC)
Jeff-s

"If people are born with a certain makeup" then we should let everyone out of jail and prison because they were born with a makeup to do bad things like kill, robe, steal and be a pedophile.

Let them all out.

Jeff-S
Offline Royce  
#42 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 5:36:43 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Jeff-s wrote:
"If people are born with a certain makeup" then we should let everyone out of jail and prison because they were born with a makeup to do bad things like kill, robe, steal and be a pedophile.

Let them all out.

Jeff-S

You are onto something there bro :-)
Offline Yada  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:04:18 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Monday, October 18, 2010

"If I were advising him, I'd tell him to give a one-line speech and say, `Hey, at least I'm not a Muslim.’ "

--Arsalan Iftikhar, contributing editor to Islamica magazine, on what advice he might give to former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, a Mormon, for a possible 2012 presidential campaign. Iftikhar was part of a “Religious Test for Office” forum at the Newseum in Washington.
Offline Yada  
#44 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 5:28:19 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"We've shown pretty clearly that Homer is not Catholic. I really don't think he could go without eating meat on Fridays -- for even an hour. "

--"The Simpsons” executive producer Al Jean, talking to Entertainment Weekly about the Vatican newspaper's claim that cartoon character Homer Simpson is an exemplary Catholic.
Offline Yada  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 2:32:51 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"I would guess most churchgoing Protestants in America have never even noticed if there is a Christian flag in their own sanctuary. It's just kind of there, unless there's a controversy, and suddenly people pick it up. "

--Elesha Coffman, a history professor at Waynesburg University, speaking to The Associated Press about the controversy in King, N.C., where veterans groups have launched a round-the-clock vigil to keep a Christian flag flying at a war memorial.
Offline Richard  
#46 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 9:26:25 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Oh, yeah, the Christian flag! Isn't the design of that covered in 1 Corruptions 3:16 or something?
Offline Yada  
#47 Posted : Friday, November 5, 2010 9:14:35 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Friday, November 05, 2010

"American Muslims should enjoy the freedom to build their places of worship wherever permitted by local zoning laws. "

--Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, expressing support Thursday (Nov. 4) for a proposed Islamic community center near Ground Zero. His comments were quoted by CNN.
Offline Yada  
#48 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 4:50:48 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Thursday, November 11, 2010

"When the bullets begin flying, it doesn't concern anyone what religion you are. I bleed the same color. "

--Army Spc. Simran Lamba, the first Sikh soldier to be enlisted in the U.S. Army in nearly 30 years. Army officials made an exception to rules that usually prohibit Sikhs from serving because of their turbans, uncut hair and beards. Lamba, who's fluent in Hindi and Punjabi, was quoted by The Associated Press.
Offline Yada  
#49 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 1:25:34 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Friday, November 12, 2010

"The time for crusades is over. We know we cannot fight for our faith through the power of domination or oppression.” "

--The Rev. Olav Fykse Tveit, general secretary of the World Council of Churches, speaking Thursday (Nov. 11) at a National Council of Churches assembly in New Orleans that marked the centennial of the modern ecumenical movement. He was quoted by ENInews.
Offline Yada  
#50 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 5:21:22 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Friday, November 19, 2010

"It’s like putting Hitler’s name on a memorial for the Jewish community. "

--The Rev. Jynona Norwood, who is erecting a monument in Oakland, Calif. for the 900 victims of the Jonestown massacre 32 years ago, explaining to The Associated Press why the Rev. Jim Jones, who led the People Temple cult, will not be included in the memorial.