logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#51 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 4:50:09 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"Thanksgiving Day is a time each year, dating back to our founding, when we lay aside the troubles and disagreements of the day and bow our heads in humble recognition of the providence bestowed upon our Nation. "

--President Obama, in his Thanksgiving Proclamation.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#52 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 6:20:45 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Thursday, January 06, 2011

"In hindsight, maybe it wasn't the smart thing to do, you know. I should have been more careful where I left it, or whatever. "

--Sgt. Matthew Neu of the Manatee County, Fla., Sheriff's Office, quoted in a police report about his decision to highlight a verse in the Bible that says “Let his days be few, and let another take his office” and labeling it the “Obama Prayer.” Neu, who was suspended without pay, was quoted by Talking Points Memo.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#53 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 6:22:12 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Wednesday, January 05, 2011

"They are reading it like a sacred text. ... You are not supposed to worship your constitution. You are supposed to govern your government by it. "

--Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., talking to the Washington Post about conservative Republicans, particularly Tea Party favorites, who view the Constitution as the immutable word of God.

Source: RNS
Offline cgb2  
#54 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 10:31:03 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
> --Sgt. Matthew Neu of the Manatee County, Fla., Sheriff's Office, quoted in a police report about his decision to highlight a verse in the Bible that says “Let his days be few, and let another take his office” and labeling it the “Obama Prayer.” Neu, who was suspended without pay, was quoted by Talking Points Memo.

Psa 109:1 Do not be silent, O Elohim of my praise!
Psa 109:2 For the mouth of the wrong And the mouth of the deceiver Have opened against me; They have spoken against me with a false tongue.
Psa 109:3 They have surrounded me with words of hatred, And they attack me without a cause.
Psa 109:4 In return for my love they accuse me, While I am in prayer.
Psa 109:5 And they repay me evil for good, And hatred for my love.
Psa 109:6 Appoint over him one who is wrong, And let an accuser stand at his right hand.
Psa 109:7 When he is judged, let him be found wrong, And let his prayer become sin.
Psa 109:8 Let his days be few, Let another take his office.
Psa 109:9 Let his children be fatherless, And his wife a widow.
Psa 109:10 And let his children always wander and beg, And seek food out of their ruins.
Psa 109:11 Let the creditor lay a snare for all that he has, And let strangers plunder his labour.
Psa 109:12 Let him have no one to extend kindness, Nor any to show favour to his fatherless children.
Psa 109:13 Let his descendants be cut off, Their name be blotted out in the next generation.
Psa 109:14 Let the crookedness of his fathers Be remembered before יהוה, And let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.
Psa 109:15 Let them always be before יהוה, And let Him cut off their remembrance from the earth;
Psa 109:16 Because he did not remember to show kindness, But persecuted the poor and needy man; And the broken-hearted, to put to death.
Psa 109:17 He also loved cursing, so let it come to him; And he did not delight in blessing, so let it be far from him.
Psa 109:18 And he put cursing on as with his garment, So let it enter his inward parts like water, Into his bones and like oil.
Psa 109:19 Let it be to him like a cloak he wraps around him, And as a girdle that he always girds on.
Psa 109:20 This is the reward of my accusers from יהוה, And to those speaking evil against my being.
Psa 109:21 But You, O יהוה, Master, Deal with me for Your Name’s sake; Because Your kindness is good, deliver me.
Offline Yada  
#55 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:57:48 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Monday, January 10, 2011

"Our intention was to win, not to offend. "

--Dave Williams, president of Philadelphia-based Media Wave Productions, on his company's ad contest submission for PepsiCo, which featured a priest distributing Doritos and Pepsi Max for Communion. The ad was later withdrawn. He was quoted by Mashable.com.
Offline Yada  
#56 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:58:19 PM(UTC)
Yada

Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Quote:

"People just don't have the same respect for churches that they used to. "

--Ella Redfield, pastor of New Creation Church in Silver Spring, Md., after police say an intruder broke into the church and stole 40,000 pennies that had been donated by children and parishioners to help poor children. She was quoted by The Washington Post.
Offline Daniel  
#57 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 5:35:02 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Quote:
"People just don't have the same respect for churches that they used to. "

I am one of those people.

;-)
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline tagim  
#58 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 5:56:21 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

How do you steal 40,000 pennies? I cannot carry 200D worth to the bank!
Offline cgb2  
#59 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 6:07:51 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
According to this website there are 181 pennies in a pound (zinc core copper plated 1982 to present):
http://www.parkpennies.com/penny/penny.htm

40,000 pennies/181 = 221 lbs

Sorry, the engineer in me just had to figure this out :^)
Offline Richard  
#60 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 6:26:08 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
If the donation had been collected for the poor, why was it still sitting in the church building? It is almost a given that the church staff used the tried-and-true sales technique of creating a sense of urgency when they asked for the money, so where was their sense of urgency in getting the money into the hands of the poor they were targetting? It's religion, so it's wrong no matter what they do; but I just had to ask.
Offline tagim  
#61 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 10:59:23 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

like i said, i could not carry that to the bank, 200D, 111 1/2 lb. my bank is 11 miles away.
Offline Yada  
#62 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2011 10:36:04 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Thursday, April 07, 2011

"What I’m trying to understand is, there’s 3,000 people standing in my line, and nobody standing in your line. Who’s going to hell? "

--Pop star Lady Gaga, after being given a ``Get Out of Hell Free'' card by a Christian evangelist at a concert. Gaga recorded the incident on Gagavision No. 41, a flip camera behind-the-scenes look into her life, which she posts to YouTube and Twitter.
Offline Yada  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:22:36 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Monday, April 18, 2011

"We're down in numbers, we're aging, we feel the pressure to do whatever we can. If this is the way the younger generation are looking things up and are communicating, then this is the place to be."

--Benedictine Abbot Caedmon Holmes of Portsmouth Abbey in Portsmouth, R.I., quoted by The New York Times about the monks' efforts to use Facebook and social media to find new members for the aging abbey.
Offline Daniel  
#64 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:50:24 AM(UTC)
Daniel

Sounds like a pedophilia lawsuit in the making!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline James  
#65 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 8:47:45 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Quote:
“To be technical, Jesus made a false prophecy, and that’s not something most Christians would want to put that way,”

--Robert Miller, a professor of religion at Juniata College in Huntingdon, Pa.

http://www.religionnews....jesus_stay_in_the_tomb2/

Worth a good laugh. Yada discussed this today on the BTR show, i thought I would post it here.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Richard  
#66 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 2:47:59 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

I missed today's program, so I will have to download it and listen to it. I too wonder how Yahowsha could say He would be in the grave for 3 days AND 3 nights, and then renege on His own prophetic declaration. My understanding has always been that He was impaled on Wednesday and that He arose just before twilight on the following 7th day Sabbath. So I am interested to hear Yada's take on the timing.

Shalom.
Offline James  
#67 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 7:19:53 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
flintface wrote:
I missed today's program, so I will have to download it and listen to it. I too wonder how Yahowsha could say He would be in the grave for 3 days AND 3 nights, and then renege on His own prophetic declaration. My understanding has always been that He was impaled on Wednesday and that He arose just before twilight on the following 7th day Sabbath. So I am interested to hear Yada's take on the timing.

Shalom.

The explanation Yada gives is in the Pesach chapter. It actually makes a lot of sense, and fits Scripture.

To sum it up it is:

Yahowshua, never said 3 days and 3 nights in the grave, what he said was 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the land. The land throughout Scripture is used as a reference to Israel, and the heart of Israel, the land, is Jerusalem. So what he was saying was that he would spend three day and three nights in Jerusalem.

Yada Yahweh: Book 5 Good News: Pesach wrote:
"Then, at that time, certain individuals among the Scribes (grammateus - public servants, politicians, judges, teachers, theologians, and journalists) and Pharisees (Pharisaios - the sect of rabbis who recognized, promoted, imposed, and valued the Babylonian Talmud and man’s oral traditions over Yahuweh’s Scriptures) said, ‘Teacher (didaskalos) we want (thelo - we desire) to see (horao - to witness with our own eyes and to personally experience) a sign (semeion - an unusual occurrence, a token which distinguishes) from you.’ But He answered and said to them, ‘An annoying, works oriented (poneros - unethical, diseased and blind, worthless, wicked) and adulteress (moichalis - those in relationships with whores and false gods) generation (genea - descendants of "poneros and moichalis") seek (epizeteo - clamor for, crave, and demand) a token (semeion - a sign). But (kai - and so) no (ou) sign (semeion - unusual occurrence) shall be given (didomi - granted, supplied, or furnished) to them (autos), except (ei) the token that distinguished (semeion - the unusual occurrence of) the prophet Ionas (Greek transliteration of the Hebrew Yownah, symbolic of the Spirit). For just as (gar hosper) Ionas/Yownah was three days and three nights in the center (koilia - innermost part) of the great fish (ketos - from chasma, meaning that which opens wide) so (houto) the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in (en - by or with) the heart (kardia - the center of circulation and life) of the land (ge - earth)." (Matthew 12:25-40)
The prophetic predictions and the eyewitness confirmations are well documented and perfectly clear. Yahushua arrived in Jerusalem, the "heart and center of the land" on Monday, March 28, 33 CE, the exact day Daniel predicted over 500 years earlier. But He didn’t stay. According to Mark 14, Yahushua, sought to thwart the desire of the "Chief Priests and Scribes to seize Him by stealth and kill Him" prior to "the Feast of Passover, so as to diminish the likelihood of a riot by the people." He did this by spending "two days," those being Tuesday and Wednesday, "in Bethany at the home of Simon the leper." While the Messiah was willing to sacrifice Himself on our behalf He was not willing to have any aspect of His fulfillment of the three days depicted in the Miqra’s of Passover, Unleavened Bread, and FirstFruits occur on days other than those previously specified.
So then Yahushua returned to Jerusalem, "the heart and center of the land" on Thursday for Passover dinner. He stayed in town (courtesy of Caiphas’ dungeon accommodations) so that He could attend His own crucifixion on Friday, which was still Passover. The body of the Messiah spent the Sabbath of Unleavened Bread, which began at sundown and continued through Saturday, in the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea. Roman guards were positioned just to make sure He remained in town. Sometime after sunset on Saturday, April 2nd, and before sunrise on Sunday the 3rd, Yahushua rose from the dead. But His body did not leave Jerusalem until later that morning, going to heaven and then to a "village called Emmaus, which was sixty stadion [seven and a half miles] separated from (apo) Jerusalem." There is a reason we were given this otherwise irrelevant information by Mark and Luke.
The bottom line is: Yahushua gave a sign that the religious and political leaders of Jerusalem "could see, personally witness and experience." "The Son of Man was three days and three nights in the heart (kardia - center of circulation and life) of the land (ge)." His promise was fulfilled uninterrupted for their viewing pleasure beginning on Thursday afternoon and ending late Sunday morning. That’s three days and three full nights.
Before we leave this verse, I must tell you that I was initially very troubled by it, at least as it appears in English translations. Clearly, Yahushua wasn’t in, as inside, the earth for three days or three nights. Many very famous pastors use this quote to claim that He was, but by so doing they are essentially saying that the precise timelines laid out by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are all wrong. They are also saying that Yahshua was wrong in claiming that there was a direct correlation between His suffering for three days with the inspired Scripture recorded by Moses and the Prophets in the Torah and Psalms.
But all one has to do is correctly translate the words and think a little, and the truth becomes obvious. This passage isn’t a contradiction; it’s a confirmation. According to Strong’s, the primary meaning of ge is land, not earth. Ge is the Greek equivalent of ‘erets, with also means "land." The majority of the time ‘erets is used in Scripture it applies to the Land of Israel - to the Promised Land. And even if ge were afforded its fourth most prevalent meaning, from the perspective of Yahuweh, from the perspective of Scripture, from the perspective of the audience listening to Yahushua, Jerusalem was, is, and forever will be the heart, the center of circulation and life, of the Earth.
The bottom line is from prophecy to fulfillment Scripture can be trusted.
Also recognize that the Scribes and Pharisees "wanted to see (horao - to witness with their own eyes, to personally experience) a sign from Him." And this is what they were given. Had the sign been three days and three nights inside the earth, they could not "have seen or experienced" it because they were not yet there.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Richard  
#68 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2011 5:39:16 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Thank you, James. I must have zoomed right past that, or - and this is more likely - read it with one eye while really focusing on something else.
Offline Yada  
#69 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 12:56:17 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Friday, April 29, 2011

"Look, Mom, Jesus protected our house, but he forgot to take care of his own house. "

--6-year-old Gracie “Bug’’ Briscoe of Vaughn, Ga., whose trailer home was missed by tornadoes that destroyed the United Methodist church across the street. She was quoted by United Methodist News Service.