logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bigritchie  
#101 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:04:37 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

Walt wrote:
Thanks my sister for asking.
I finished my 14 days on the MRSA drug Tues (the side effects/drug interactions were taking a toll on me) and they re-cultured me Thurs. Since it takes 48 hours to culture, and it being a weekend, I won't know the results until Mon. My concern was that if the culture comes back still positive, I will be off the drug for 5 days, giving the MRSA time to get a stronger hold. This is a bad-a## bug, so even if I'm clean, I would like the Eastern Red Cedar as a precautionary cleanser. It shows the AWESOMENESS of Yah that a drug-resilient bug like this would have a easy natural cure.
On a Praise note, when the surgeon took the wound dressing off, he said "Wow, it's healing good (people's prayer at work!)" with "If you had come to see me 2-3 weeks earlier, I could have closed the wound up".
I see my primary care Dr Wed for a return to work visit. PRAYERS PLEASE, I need to return to work, besides the earning a paycheck issue, I'm going bonkers.

Netflix will help!

Glad your leg is going better!
Offline bigritchie  
#102 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:05:58 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

flintface wrote:

I hear you, brother. When I had the quadruple bypass surgery back in March of 2008—which turned out to be a triple bypass because one artery/vessel/whatever-the-heck-it-is was too damaged to repair—I was advised that I would have to remain away from work for another 12-16 weeks. I had already been off the job for 2½ months, since late January, so I knew there was no way I could hold out for another 12-16 weeks! So I requested an appointment with the heart surgeon after 2 weeks and literally forced him to give me written authorization to go back to work. Then I had to wrangle with the suits back at Corporate Headquarters to honor the surgeon's authorization. So I showed back up on the job and everyone was astounded. Sure, I had to take it easy physically, but I was there to hold up my side of things once again (I was one of only 2 Global Support Technicians in a region of over 600 PC users). My fellow techie appreciated it, the users appreciated it, and corporate got over it.

So I know what you're feeling, the antsiness and the financial pressure. Press your desire on your PCP, Walt. Don't take "No" for an answer. And may Yahowah grant your petition.

Richard

Flintface I have 2 words for you

Raw Vegan.

It will change your life.
Offline Walt  
#103 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 7:14:02 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Culture came back positive, still have the MRSA. Dr said that the rat poison I'm taking for the blood clot they gave me slows the effectiveness of the drug to fight the MRSA.
Offline Richard  
#104 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 7:26:22 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Walt wrote:
Culture came back positive, still have the MRSA. Dr said that the rat poison I'm taking for the blood clot they gave me slows the effectiveness of the drug to fight the MRSA.

I am sorry to hear that, Walt. What a mess! May Yahowah heal you once and for all, with or without involving man.
Offline Daniel  
#105 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 8:07:58 AM(UTC)
Daniel

bigritchie wrote:

Raw Vegan.

Mmmm, they are delicious.

All that lean meat... Drool
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Walt  
#106 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 12:43:19 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

1 More week to go - get to go back to work a week from Mon Oct 3. Was hoping for this coming Mon, but at least I see light at the end of the tunnel. That will be 5 full months, since I fell May 3rd.
Offline tagim  
#107 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 4:12:30 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

A long time, indeed, Walt, but nevertheless, done. I hope you return to a restricted work effort so your rehabilitation can continue. We are thankful to have witnessed your progress.
Offline FredSnell  
#108 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 5:01:48 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Indeed it is great news for you, Walt. Leave the 4ft ladders to guys like me, and you stick to the high power line towers. Sounds safer...lol.
Offline Richard  
#109 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:27:34 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Thank you, Father! That's great news, Walt! I agree with tagim on this: take it as easy as they'll let you, brother. You can be a hard charging go-to guy after you're fully recovered.
Offline Walt  
#110 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2011 5:05:50 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Finally got back to work today. Hallilu Yah
The hip is doing great, no pains or difficulties, even went and did some hiking and climbing with no issues. Wife won't let me climb that mountain alone though, anyone up for a good hike?

Dr took me off the drug for the staff infection today, said it's healing well enough now that I don't need the antibiotic. Because of how oddly it's healing due to the MRSA and the wound vac being on way to long and doing more harm than good, he's looking at cauterizing with silver nitrate (???) in 4 weeks to smooth/level it out The skin started forming down into the wound (it was 7cm deep) and he's concerned that once it finishes healing it will look like a valley across my side & abdomen.
Now just get this blood clot dealt with and it'll all be in my rear view mirror

THANKS everyone for the prayers, encouragement & support
Offline tagim  
#111 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2011 5:36:21 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

good to hear, walt; keep giving us good reports.
Offline FredSnell  
#112 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2011 12:53:23 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Great news there, Walt. Looks like just in time for cold weather. I sure wouldn't worry about any scarring as long as your feeling good. I have similar scarring, but they were from burns when a foundry furnace blew. Just glad I got another day after that. So we can be the Scar brothers now! Just glad to have ya back.
Offline Walt  
#113 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2011 2:51:36 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

That's what I told the physical therapist that is treating my wound when she said I have nasty scarring, that it doesn't matter as long as I'm functional.
We're already deeper than blood brothers.
Wish I had a shofar to blow to praise Yahowah that I'm back in action, instead I'm doing a happy dance.
Offline James  
#114 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:12:47 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Awesome news Walt, I wish I lived nearby so I could hike that hill with you.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline FredSnell  
#115 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2011 4:00:20 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

I'll get mine and blow it for you then. The dog and I will be dancing too and praising, Father.
I was talking with a guy yesterday about tools we use in our everyday lives, and before I never gave it much thought, but after listening to a previous yy show. Yada and Yow'el had a discussion on language being our most important tool which would have never crossed my mind as being an aparatus of work. Language is our most important tool. Well we got into what brought us into a era of cooperation, and it was not grunts and hand signs for sure. He mentioned fire as being the most valuable tool man ever had and I begged to differ with him, and the reason is b/c fire was gotten and kept alive in the ancient days by tenderers that had a job to do just that, stoke the fire. Speaking a common language gets work done. This got me thinking on my Father and His Word, and the Implement He used to get His work done. The "Word" is the Implement of language/tool, He sent that should cross all boundries and get the job done. Just too bad we are a world of lazy people that want it handed to 'em.
Offline Richard  
#116 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2011 8:14:12 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

That's really good news, Walt! Thank you for sharing it with us! I have scarring from my open heart surgery. There's actually a piece of something underneath the skin that I can move around like a large BB. It's attached in there, but it moves. And it itches like mad. But I deal with it because the alternative would have been death.
Offline Walt  
#117 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 3:17:51 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

3rd week back to work and my hip is doing fine.
Some of co-workers won't work in the same area/room as me because they are afraid of catching my staff infection. HR reaffirmed through my doctor that as long as my wound is covered (even with just my clothing, even though I have plastic sealing over my wound dressing) - they are still afraid to get near me, and are "afraid" if they touch a tool I touched that they might "catch it". So my boss (who gave me a big hug the day I returned to work, and told my co-workers that, and nothing happened to him) change things around so I work by myself
Offline FredSnell  
#118 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:54:19 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Sounds like a natural repellent, Walt. My youngest son had it before, and once you do have it, I heard it's there from then on, but how contagious, I don't really know. His happened while working at a pizza hut. He slipping in the kitchen banging his hip and cutting his rump side and the infection got in there then, but I lanced the thing several times before he ever went to the dr and i never had any symptoms myself.
I told another brother a good practice I do all during the yr is, I use antiseptic moutwash on every thing. Never sick! I never take shots or ever see a dr for that matter. If ppl want nice feet, soak 'em for 30mins (up to a month) a nite and then start working on 'em after a few nites. You can bring 'em back to their child like state. Get you a rubbermaid small tub with a lid and use it over and over. I usually keep it up to a week. By then it starts getting as ugly as feet..lol The walmart generic is fine just so long as it's antisptic mouthwash. For you that go to bed on occasion without showering, pour some on a washrag and just like in the shower, wash with it. You'll start being amazed at it's working abilities. Enough of, "Hint from Freddie"
Nice hearing you're doing, okay!
Offline James  
#119 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 5:57:24 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Glad to hear apart from ignorant people things are going well.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand