logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline VinceB.  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:07:34 AM(UTC)
VinceB.

Without a doubt you really need Yah all over this recovery phase you're going through Walt...being bathed and lifted up in in His Set-Apart Spirit our Spiritual Mother in times like this; is also why I continue to ask Yahowah to sustain and heal you quickly per His will and timing.

Having worked the inside of healthcare the past 20 years I can tell you from my experience it has gotten worse...doctors really don't want to get involved with other doctor's patients for litigation reasons, but more so (IMHO) out of it being convenient for them not to, and the patients (and a lot of the times, the staff) get caught in the middle...good supportive staff will keep many doctors on their toes; but a lot of staff suffer from the same problems in that they will often do things out of convenience as well since there's tog-of-war going on between their want to do good for their patients (taking the care of their individual patients personally) and a top heavy administration that's a typical business that's trying to pocket revenue while cutting cost -- so there is a lot of passing the 'buck' as it were, in doctors will blame the previous doctor for not doing this or that with the auxillary staff do the same with their shifts in blaming the previous shift for dumping on them...it's sad and depressing for me (in that I really don't look forward to going to work a lot of the time, just because of the nature of the machine - the machine of healthcare (much of Obama's healthcare plan was already being implemented turning Bush's term in office; hard to believe, but insurance companies and administrators knew then, what we're starting to see now) all these things coupled with an 'entitlement-driven populace' will eat not just the patients alive, but everyone working in healthcare get eaten up and spit out as well...

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, since I left Christianity back in December to embrace Yah in His Torah and in how He's revealed Himself to us there (in the paleo-Hebrew) and rejecting N.T. as being Yah's Word (and rejecting everything about Paul without question, seeing him and his Christianity is of the adversary and not of Yah at all) that things have gotten worse for me? I mean I've been separated from my folks and siblings being left alone and isolated without much fellowshipping since nobody knows what I'm talking about anyway (and they don't receive the things of Yah from His perspective - nor do they really have a desire to, just as I didn't prior to learning the truth)...I mean, how much in the way of sports and the weather can we talk about and/or is even interesting since the majority of the time I find myself thinking of Yah's Torah, and on things related to Him and how He's related Himself to us on His terms which really is so loving and kind of Him to give us His Torah so we can form a loving family relationship with Him as He works the Torah on our behalf (fulfills the Feast Days for us - while we embrace Him in the TPP...observing His admonishments and instructions so as to not deviate to the left or right, that's keeping us on the straight and narrow bath leading us home...) just the same I find it getting harder and harder to put a smile on my face and/or not see the glass being half full rather seeing everything as being half empty...I pray Yah help me change my perspective regarding my over-all outlook, as well as others of His family whom are going through the same thing!

So yes Walt, I'm continuing to pray over you and the others here that asked for prayer, as well as over all Yah's family during these difficult times, and that Yah would fill us up with more of His, our Spiritual Mother's peace and of Her joy helping us to see things from His perspective that the peace and joy might be even more powerful in each of our lives as we go about our day to day walk in a cesspool that Yah saw and told us isn't going to be getting better from a human perspective...

Yah's best on Him and His family
HWHY
Offline cgb2  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:03:13 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Walt, praying for you Bro! Are you at (or will be) at Swedish in Englewood/Denver?

We're currently making frequent visits to my wifes' mom at Exempla Lutheran Hosp in Wheatridge and again this weekend. Perhaps we can stop by for a visit if so.

BTW: Would appreciate prayer for my mother-in-law Judy. Looking grim with stage 4 cancer.

Chuck
Offline Walt  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:02:42 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Thank you all GREATLY for you prayers, encouragement and support.

My original surgeon at Denver can't fit me in till the 29th. His assistant couldn't tell me if I would be admitted or the procedure done as an outpatient, he has to wait until he sees me. He said if the condition worsens to where it is putting pressure on the nerves and organs again, to go to the ER.
The only painful part now (since they drained the 16 oz out) is that it is putting pressure on the incision area stretching it out.

I am over the major part of my anger. It has made me more determined in my physical therapy work at home. I started yesterday and on 1 exercise (laying flat on my back, legs straight out, and lift the leg into the air and letting down slowly) I could not do at all yesterday, I couldn't get it off the ground a fraction, it was like there was no connection there. I got up this morning and channeled my anger trying to lift it until I was able to, then did it 15 times.
I am not going to let some stinking doctors hold me back, I'm going to start walking again as soon as I can, and it's going to be sooner than the 3 months they told me before I could start. And I will praise and thank Yah through it all.

On a side praise, this has brought my wife and I closer together than we've been in a long time, and has kindled her desire to Yada Yahowah, she has started reading Yada's Intro.
Offline James  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:28:54 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Walt wrote:
I am not going to let some stinking doctors hold me back, I'm going to start walking again as soon as I can, and it's going to be sooner than the 3 months they told me before I could start. And I will praise and thank Yah through it all.

That's the spirit Walt.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline tagim  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:03:54 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Walt, I just knew that you would find the best way out of your difficult situation. Your spirit and determination will get you back to your former, in spite of all the difficulties that may be placed in your way. Stay focused and beat that deadline.
Offline Walt  
#56 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 12:17:18 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Went to go to PT yesterday, it's been canceled until the doc in Denver sees me next week (the script my previous "dr" wrote for pt is not valid now). The hospital here also said if I "spring a leak" (the location of the original drainage tube still has a hole you can feel with a layer of skin that has raised to a blister), don't come to their er, they won't treat me, but go to Grand Junction which is over 3 times further.

The physical therapist was understanding and helpful, just that her hands were tied. She gave me more exercises I could do at home, and told me not to do the one that I had so much trouble with because it was the seroma that was putting pressure on the muscle and nerve that was preventing me from lifting my leg.

This whole thing has been a shocking eye opener as to the state of our medical system (I'm sure Obama care will only make things worse), they are more concerned over litigation than patients health.
I have found some good lower level workers like nurses, that go the extra distance.

Still determined and focused. Getting outside for walks with my crutches, pushing farther each time.
Here is my motivation, I see this through my living room window, the base is a 5 minute walk from my house, and it rises up 3600 feet from the base.
I'm going to climb it before the year is up, and Im going to praise Yahowah's Name from the top

UserPostedImage
Offline lassie1865  
#57 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 7:27:14 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Walt,
What day will you be in Denver? Where in Denver? Maybe we can stop by to meet you!
Offline Walt  
#58 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 2:19:44 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

lassie1865 wrote:
Walt,
What day will you be in Denver? Where in Denver? Maybe we can stop by to meet you!

Went to er, flew me to Swedish, in Denver now.
Parr last name. No computer.
Rm 6-320
303 788 3620
Offline Yah Tselem  
#59 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 2:43:46 PM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Walt, bring your camera up there and take another pic from the top of that thing.. that's a great goal, very inspiring.
Offline James  
#60 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2011 4:50:54 AM(UTC)
James
Man

That sounds like a great goal Walt, may Yah be with you.

Great view by the way.

Offline tagim  
#61 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2011 5:16:17 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

May you, Walt, pluck a weed from the top!
Offline Richard  
#62 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2011 6:28:54 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Since you have no computer, you're probably reading this post-hospitalization. Therefore, glad to have you back! Now push off from the keyboard and go climb that mountain, brother! OO-RAH!
Offline FredSnell  
#63 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 12:55:57 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
That looks awesome. I can imagine 8 times that and you would be about equal to mt. everest. It makes you appreciate what training a person must go through to reach this peak out Walts window and then the sacrifice one does to climb something 8 times that. A worthy goal., Walt!
Offline Walt  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:03:11 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Surgery went. Good. Go home thurs if all goes well.
Offline James  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 1:59:53 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Glad to hear Walt.

Offline Richard  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:51:12 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Spoke briefly by telephone with our ailing brother Walt this morning. He sounds really good. Said that now that they're draining this one area, he's feeling much better. Thank you, Father!
Offline Walt  
#67 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:28:02 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Discharged, on way home now!
Thank you Abba Father
Offline James  
#68 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:06:58 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Walt wrote:
Discharged, on way home now!
Thank you Abba Father

HellaluYAH

Offline Walt  
#69 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 4:38:50 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Update:
Still on the wound-vac, healing is slow.
Had another trip to ER yesterday, found out I have a blood clot in my right leg from my knee to my groin from the surgery. Now they have me taking rat-poison (coumadin blood thinner) for 6 months to a year.
Is this Yah trying to tell me something?

I know Paul in galatians says to have nothing to do with pharmakeia, is this something from Torah? Does Yah want me to be taking rat poison to get better?
Offline Colin  
#70 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 5:56:57 AM(UTC)
Colin

I do not know what Yah thinks of coumadin, but I do know that you are at high risk of having some of that clot in your thigh break off and travel to your lungs. If this happens you will suffer a pulmonary emboli. Cutting off the blood supply to your lungs is never a good thing and often it is fatal. I do not think Yah would want you to risk your life because you are unsure of scriptural approval of this treatment. Get well, Walt.
Offline Richard  
#71 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 6:33:35 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Walt,

Your question is valid and important. Because of my heart conditions, I too have found it necessary to rely heavily on certain prescription drugs to maintain my life. And I do question if that is all right or if Dad is steamed with me about it.

Here is something I found in the Scripture (not the Towrah) regarding seeking help from doctors:

2 Chronicles 16:12 wrote:

In the thirty-ninth year of his reign Asa was diseased in his feet, and his disease became severe. Yet even in his disease he did not seek Yahowah, but sought help from physicians.

Asa was not a good guy, as the verses immediately preceding that passage attest. Nevertheless, Mom felt it necessary to include that account for some reason, and I can only think that it was to let us know that seeking help from doctors instead of from Dad is really offensive to Him.

We live in the real world, brother, and not in the days of ancient Yisra'el. Without doctors and their pharmaceuticals we would all probably die a lot sooner, and the ends of our lives without their drugs would probably be miserable and filled with intolerable pain and suffering, right? That is what we have grown up believing and seeing with our own eyes. But is the truth something altogether different? Is it possible when walking away from the religious and political systems of man to walk away from man's medically-prescribed drugs as well and still live a rich, healthy life?

O! That it were so! And O! That my trust in Father's desire for my joy and well-being and in His willingness to maintain me without drugs were so strong!

I am convinced in my own heart that your question will bring us an answer and that many lives will be changed for the good when it arrives.

I love you, Walt, Thanks for asking this.
Offline Richard  
#72 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 6:40:48 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Additional question: Would it be better to reject man's medications and live a life of suffering or physical discomfort if that is what is required to really and truly turn our backs on the world and its ways? Would that please our Father and bring Him the honor He deserves?

We have all read the stories of parents who let their children die rather than get them help from physicians, and we have blasted those parents as being horribly irresponsible. But do I have the guts to take that stand for myself? Would Dad stand up and rescue me for trusting in Him to that degree? Or would He punish me for putting Him to the test?

Wow, brother, you ask the hard ones! But as I said, your question is valid and important.
Offline In His Name  
#73 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:32:56 AM(UTC)
In His Name

DISCLAIMER: I work in the medical field.

It seems to me that the logic stated here is saying that we should lay all of our mortal life problems at YHWH's feet and trust that he will do what is right.

If you pull your drowning, non-breathing child out of the water what should you do first? Pray to YHWH or start CPR? Since I asked the wrong question I will answer that myself [PRAY]. The right question is
If you pull your drowning, non-breathing child out of the water what should you do? Pray to YHWH OR perform CPR? Obviously(for me) the decision is not between the two actions. I would be praying while doing CPR.

Isn't CPR a medical technology of man's learning? Do you find CPR training or descriptions in the TPP? So where do you stop with this reasoning, are you going to stop driving your car because it is man's technology. Where do we draw the line in the sands of time to say beyond this point technology is evil? There are religions that have drawn these lines, but without TPP guidance they are lines drawn by men.

Walt, I wish the best for your physical recovery Brother. But I pray that Father is with you, watching out for you, protecting, guarding and nurturing your soul.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Richard  
#74 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:12:20 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

What did I tell you, Walt? Your question is going to get the thinkers a'thinkin'.

InHisName has put forth a well-reasoned question: Where do we draw the line?

The fact that the TPP never specifically states that we are not to take advantage of technology and medicine tells me (and mind you, I am less educated than most everyone at this forum) that we have been given much leeway to use our own sense of reason in their regard. So, what will I do? Will I continue to trust Yahowah as a good and faithful Father and Shepherd? Yes. Will I at the same time take advantage of medical science? Yes. Will I continue to use the Internet? Yes. Will I let anything become to me something or someone that displaces Yahowah in my heart as the Most Important? No.

I am personally grateful to have a brother like InHisName in the medical field who can instantly see the real issue for what it is. I believe he would agree with me that, while we are free to make use of what technologies are available to us, we must not place our trust in them above our reliance on Yahowah. Besides that stipulation, I say go for it.
Offline FredSnell  
#75 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:54:03 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Isaiah

38:16 O YHWH, by these things men live, and in all these things is the life of my spirit: so wilt thou recover me, and make me to live.

38:17 Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.

38:18 For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.

38:19 The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth.

38:20 YHWH was ready to save me: therefore we will sing my songs to the stringed instruments all the days of our life in the house of YHWH.

38:21 For Isaiah had said, Let them take a lump of figs, and lay it for a plaister upon the boil, and he shall recover.38:22 Hezekiah also had said, What is the sign that I shall go up to the house of YHWH?

Offline Walt  
#76 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 1:51:17 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

To what extent are we to go to prolong our earthly life?

I'm on Lovenox, I just learned it is made from PIG, as is insulin and many other medicines. Does Yah want me to use man-made medicines made from pigs or other unclean animals????

If one were refuse to take these type of medicines, knowing they are keeping them alive, then is that a form of suicide???

Many many drugs are tested on animals, is this a proper use of His creation?
Offline FredSnell  
#77 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 3:29:44 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Walt, I hope you aren't suffering too bad physically, but to wonder through life worrying if something has "pig" in it tells me you are worrying about nothing in my opinion. My scenario: You are two hundred yards standing from a fella with a .22 derringer as he fires at you. Now you might hear the blast from the gun, but too worry would be futile bc, we know someone cant hit the broad side of a barn at that distance. Now half that and the same thing, only now the blast makes you act, so you duck slightly. Now again, half that and you are probably gonna still be safe. Not until the guy is within a range that gives him a 50/50 chance do you start feeling like you had better act fast, or else. Why react at all if Gods there to do all your bidding in life? At what distance would someone react for their own safety? Is it not Yah that put all things on Earth? I know ppl that have ingested pork three times a day from childhood. And they lived ripe old ages without narely a hitch in life.. Did the pork send them into a hospital earlier in life than if they hadn't? Who knows? If they had eaten steaks all their life I'm sure they would have been there just as they had with pork. Myself, I know what God said was clean and un-clean foods. But even today in slaughter houses cows are killed in ways you or I wouldn't care to witness and the same with chickens. How are these birds and steroid induced meats any better than a pig today? Today we have refridgeration for all meats to slow their spoilage. At what age should (clean meat) be before we do not ingest it? How old can it be before its bad for you? It's my scenario. If you can be vegan and live a life that supports that type then you are at 200yrds (in most cases, even though many vegans look like they are sick.). Mix it with meat you just cut it in half, maybe. Now half that and you might get lucky and live the same life span as the vegan. But like I mentioned about others and pork all the time, you take you chances. I believe Yah wants us long upon the land. If medicine does this, then fine. And if you stop your medicine and die, what purpose does it serve to not have another day to show praise. We all can't live fault free. Adam had one thing to do and he couldn't. We can't wake up without seeing the deception around us bc Satan has his influence in everything. All I can do is rely upon His promise and see to it that I try every day to see His ways as being right for me. Or in other words, what if pig was the only food source? Did you know the pilgrims used beer for water when they traveld here from England. It kept, while water didn't back then. I don't eat that much pork anylonger just bc I know through God and research it's not good for you to, but when I do, I know today we are a cleaner ppl with cleaner habits and yes, I would certainly take the medicine prescibed me by my physician.
My days of beating myself up over anything ended last week with some words of wisdom from a brother. I walk towards Father and try not to stray, but when and if I do, I know He's compassionate and is re-storing, even to a swine like me. Keep thinking on Him brother.
Offline Walt  
#78 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 6:37:01 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

encounterHim wrote:
Walt, I hope you aren't suffering too bad physically, but to wonder through life worrying if something has "pig" in it tells me you are worrying about nothing in my opinion. My scenario: You are two hundred yards standing from a fella with a .22 derringer as he fires at you. Now you might hear the blast from the gun, but too worry would be futile bc, we know someone cant hit the broad side of a barn at that distance. Now half that and the same thing, only now the blast makes you act, so you duck slightly. Now again, half that and you are probably gonna still be safe. Not until the guy is within a range that gives him a 50/50 chance do you start feeling like you had better act fast, or else. Why react at all if Gods there to do all your bidding in life? At what distance would someone react for their own safety? Is it not Yah that put all things on Earth? I know ppl that have ingested pork three times a day from childhood. And they lived ripe old ages without narely a hitch in life.. Did the pork send them into a hospital earlier in life than if they hadn't? Who knows? If they had eaten steaks all their life I'm sure they would have been there just as they had with pork. Myself, I know what God said was clean and un-clean foods. But even today in slaughter houses cows are killed in ways you or I wouldn't care to witness and the same with chickens. How are these birds and steroid induced meats any better than a pig today? Today we have refridgeration for all meats to slow their spoilage. At what age should (clean meat) be before we do not ingest it? How old can it be before its bad for you? It's my scenario. If you can be vegan and live a life that supports that type then you are at 200yrds (in most cases, even though many vegans look like they are sick.). Mix it with meat you just cut it in half, maybe. Now half that and you might get lucky and live the same life span as the vegan. But like I mentioned about others and pork all the time, you take you chances. I believe Yah wants us long upon the land. If medicine does this, then fine. And if you stop your medicine and die, what purpose does it serve to not have another day to show praise. We all can't live fault free. Adam had one thing to do and he couldn't. We can't wake up without seeing the deception around us bc Satan has his influence in everything. All I can do is rely upon His promise and see to it that I try every day to see His ways as being right for me. Or in other words, what if pig was the only food source? Did you know the pilgrims used beer for water when they traveld here from England. It kept, while water didn't back then. I don't eat that much pork anylonger just bc I know through God and research it's not good for you to, but when I do, I know today we are a cleaner ppl with cleaner habits and yes, I would certainly take the medicine prescibed me by my physician.
My days of beating myself up over anything ended last week with some words of wisdom from a brother. I walk towards Father and try not to stray, but when and if I do, I know He's compassionate and is re-storing, even to a swine like me. Keep thinking on Him brother.

\How far from Babylon should we leave?

How about not taking the "mark of the beast" and not being able to buy/sell/trade ?

Does Father want us to do the "easy" way?

If He wants us to prolong our life on earth using modern medicine, then why didn't He speed up the process to develop it?

Are we to use man developed medicines over the herbs of the fields?
Offline Walt  
#79 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 7:06:38 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

How much of our using modern medicine is trying to escape/lessen the consequences for poor choices and unhealthy habits?
Offline FredSnell  
#80 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 7:23:46 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Walk away as far as you think necessary I feel to either accomplish something, or learn something new, but always return to what's refreashing and restores you. You can't tell me any of us walk the path shown perfectly and if you do say so, well good for you, you are providing for yourself instead of allowing the ONE that was able to actually do it. If I could walk perfect Torah, what use Yahowsha? I can provide for myself then. But I know we are Yisra'el, striving with Him. We all desire the truths that are revealed to us and pray we can uphold them when shown to us, but to be held accountable for something we desire for a moment, is not in my opinion what it's about. Food is food if only not as nourishing as to us as a parent would want, but we are but children born of wants and desires. We want to do what's best for Him and us, but we all fall short. It's us that has to forgive ourselves or else we should just join a religion and wait on, shoot, I don't know, the day they beat themselves in remission of their own sins. I've seen Islam whip themselves into frenzies bc they sinned against Allah. Christians worry they did something wrong and feel they must hit the floor for forgiveness and even the RCC has its day for punishment. Well I found forgiveness I believe the day I walked away from all that bunk and told Him I'm coming towards Your ways bc they are good and easy, allowing me to think and respond for myself. He gave me freewill just like everyone else allowing any of us to make a choice in life. And that my friend is Him serving us in the end.
As far as, "the easy way." I really haven't the foggiest idea of waht the easy way is, unless it's to stop thinking and let others do it for you like we are witnessing around the world in the, NWO.
"Mark of the Beast" I don't know the deffinate answer on what that is, besides being opposite of Yah.
For me, as far as the herbs of the fields go, I do see many great and wonderful uses that gov't has outlawed. I have witnessed wonders I'll tell anyone of just bc the herbs of the field. But it's not always readily available to most. I'm know some ppl...lol.
Offline Walt  
#81 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 7:54:41 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Somehow I messed up an earlier post. I meant to say:

I'm asking these questions to create discussion and get people thinking, not meaning they are about what I should or shouldn't do - but just in general.
Offline FredSnell  
#82 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 8:29:50 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

I keep coming in from the heat here in Texas to get refreashed. Man, my ac can hardly stay up. Well I'm glad today bc I'm taking in some of the YY shows from last week bc I've been too busy and tierd and yesterday on the Sabbath I slept and watched golf for most of it.
Well listening to Yadas take on David and his flaws, I think I stand in good company compared to this guy. I think of myself walking way in the back when following Moses to the promised land and on occassion the entire group stops and yells, "catch up," while I'm off the path looking at this or that.
I hope I didn't sound as if I was targeting you in any way at all, Walt. We all learn at different speeds, I'm just slower bc of time restaints, it's just that I feel where ever one is in His understanding, just engage and I see you are doing that.
Well back to washing cars and having just one more, Shiner. Just one more!
Offline FredSnell  
#83 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:46:42 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Putting away the gear I'm thinking about the medicine issue that Walt brought up. You all know t's hot down here and I'll bet James will agree with me on that one.. Should I suffer this forsaken heat, or get inside in the ac and get refreashed again? Is using ac taking the "easy" way?...more than likely it is, but I think I'll go in have a shower, grab one more and finish my meal watching the PGA Championship while relaxing in ac.
Offline Walt  
#84 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2011 5:17:34 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

OK, another update. I found out that besides the blood clot in my leg, and the open wound down to my hip bone from the seroma surgery, I have Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus - one of those drug resistant staph infections you get from a hospital (the drug costs $2,955 for a 14 day supply).
I'm running out of steam here and getting wore down fast. The system is killing me one mess-up after another. Mr primary care Dr said that I'm just falling through the cracks.
Also I'm about to run out of sick/vacation time and if I don't get this wound closed up so I can get back to work to earn a pay-check I'll have bill collectors knocking on my door.
Offline VinceB.  
#85 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2011 6:09:34 PM(UTC)
VinceB.

Walt wrote:
OK, another update. I found out that besides the blood clot in my leg, and the open wound down to my hip bone from the seroma surgery, I have Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus - one of those drug resistant staph infections you get from a hospital (the drug costs $2,955 for a 14 day supply).
I'm running out of steam here and getting wore down fast. The system is killing me one mess-up after another. Mr primary care Dr said that I'm just falling through the cracks.
Also I'm about to run out of sick/vacation time and if I don't get this wound closed up so I can get back to work to earn a pay-check I'll have bill collectors knocking on my door.

Dang it anyway Walt, this is heartbreaking what you're being put through -- I can totally understand/empathize with you, that all you want to do is get out of the clutches of the beast system and have some peace.

All I can do as anyone who can who knows Dad - so I'm asking our Father to touch this whole situation with His power, and raise you up so that it will actually be fun and enjoyable to live -loaded with lots and lots of His peace- as we all wait on Dad coming to get us the heck out of Babylon!

'Amein
HWHY
Offline tagim  
#86 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2011 7:47:19 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Walt, that is tough news to bare and tough to hear. I would like to see this entire board get beneath my post and onto you with prayer. It worked for the girl hit by the truck and will work for you. It may take a week to ten days for the antibiotic to kill the infection and then your rehabilitation can get back on schedule. I will make prayer for you ever day and ask Yah to intervene on your behalf.
Offline Richard  
#87 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:21:43 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Brother, it sounds to me like you're not in a position to even buy the vaccine. If that is the case, please say so here in this thread. I'm sure some of us will be happy to ante up whatever we can to help you pull through until you're back on your feet.
Offline FredSnell  
#88 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2011 12:42:10 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

I echo all the statements above, Walt. I'm always good for a few when someones in need. Give me your address on my pm. You are in our prayers.
Offline James  
#89 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2011 2:54:23 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Walt, I am so sorry to hear this. Please keep strong, and hang in there. As always I will keep you in my prayers, may Yahowah be with you, strengthen and comfort you.

Offline Richard  
#90 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2011 4:05:13 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

encounterHim wrote:
I echo all the statements above, Walt. I'm always good for a few when someones in need. Give me your address on my pm. You are in our prayers.

A PM to me would be okay, too, Walt.
Offline lassie1865  
#91 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2011 6:03:46 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Oh, no! I'm soo sorry to hear that, Walt. I'm reading a fantastic book by Bruce Fife, NP; it is all about the amazing properties of coconut oil; it supposedly will kill bacteria better than anitbiotics, etc., and without the side effects. You need to ingest about 4 tablespoons daily. Drink coconut milk, and eat natural, unsweetened coconut meat. I hear that the Eastern red cedar has amazing properties to attach MRSA: http://www.examiner.com/...d-effective-against-mrsa
Offline Walt  
#92 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2011 9:28:06 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

The insurance is covering the drug, but it blows my mind on the cost.
It's messed up; you get a super infection from the hospital, and they turn around and make $$ to treat you for it.
Offline tagim  
#93 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2011 6:18:28 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Even so, Walt, if your rehabilitation is delayed and you do not get back to work when you wish and contemplate, send me a pm. I would be only too happy to help. Keep your courage and trust in Yah. This, too, will pass. I predict no more than a week for the drug to work. All last month and part of July I was in and out of doctors and dentists offices and the hospital with a gum infection from teeth extractions, about a dozen visits, until finally in week five of this agony the massive doses of antibiotics began to work. One side of my face was grotesquely swollen and the pain was unrelenting. Take some time now to figure out how long it will take to climb that mountain behind you, the number of steps it will take to the top, all the good thoughts as you start that rapid recovery, because it is coming your way now. We are with you as you are with us.
Offline In His Name  
#94 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2011 6:40:05 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Walt, I join everyone else in praying for these problems to end for you.

If the time comes, send that pm my way as well.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline James  
#95 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2011 4:01:54 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Walt, hang in there, you can make it.

On a side note I was looking t the picture you posted of the mountain you were going to climb when you get better. I predict you will be able to do it with 6 stops along the way, plus 1 final stop at the top.

Offline tagim  
#96 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2011 7:22:10 AM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Get well quickly, Walt. I feel I am going too far in sharing your pain. Right after my jaw infection cleared, while cleaning the tiles in the shower I lost my footing and fell full body weight on to the side of the tub and fractured a couple of ribs. More trips to the hospital and now I have not the luxury of taking a full breath without too much pain. Looking to the past when saying, "That is the most pain I have ever felt." needs rethinking. I now think breaking ribs more painful. Walt, this whole thread is about you to let you know we are pulling for you, but my latest injury gives me added leverage to say with every breath I am thinking of you. Get well quickly!
Offline Walt  
#97 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2011 5:23:16 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

THANK YOU all for your prayers, support and encouragement. It means A LOT.
The hard thing is that I'm recovered from the original injury - what I'm going through is a result of failures by doctors. The drugs they are giving me to cure me are making me feel horrible with the different side effects.

Tagim, you didn't have to go that literal to mean it when you say "I feel your pain", now it's time to send some prayers your direction.
Offline lassie1865  
#98 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:19:00 PM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Does anyone on this forum live in the Eastern US, i.e., New Jersey, etc? Could someone send a box of tender leaves and berries from the Eastern Red Cedar to Walt? The juice from the leaves and berries is supposed to be the best medicine for MRSA. The ERC is considered a nuisance tree; it grows from Kansas all the way to the Atlantic coast. It looks like a scruffy juniper.
Offline Walt  
#99 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:33:43 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Thanks my sister for asking.
I finished my 14 days on the MRSA drug Tues (the side effects/drug interactions were taking a toll on me) and they re-cultured me Thurs. Since it takes 48 hours to culture, and it being a weekend, I won't know the results until Mon. My concern was that if the culture comes back still positive, I will be off the drug for 5 days, giving the MRSA time to get a stronger hold. This is a bad-a## bug, so even if I'm clean, I would like the Eastern Red Cedar as a precautionary cleanser. It shows the AWESOMENESS of Yah that a drug-resilient bug like this would have a easy natural cure.
On a Praise note, when the surgeon took the wound dressing off, he said "Wow, it's healing good (people's prayer at work!)" with "If you had come to see me 2-3 weeks earlier, I could have closed the wound up".
I see my primary care Dr Wed for a return to work visit. PRAYERS PLEASE, I need to return to work, besides the earning a paycheck issue, I'm going bonkers.

Offline Richard  
#100 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:25:37 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Walt wrote:
I see my primary care Dr Wed for a return to work visit. PRAYERS PLEASE, I need to return to work, besides the earning a paycheck issue, I'm going bonkers.

I hear you, brother. When I had the quadruple bypass surgery back in March of 2008—which turned out to be a triple bypass because one artery/vessel/whatever-the-heck-it-is was too damaged to repair—I was advised that I would have to remain away from work for another 12-16 weeks. I had already been off the job for 2½ months, since late January, so I knew there was no way I could hold out for another 12-16 weeks! So I requested an appointment with the heart surgeon after 2 weeks and literally forced him to give me written authorization to go back to work. Then I had to wrangle with the suits back at Corporate Headquarters to honor the surgeon's authorization. So I showed back up on the job and everyone was astounded. Sure, I had to take it easy physically, but I was there to hold up my side of things once again (I was one of only 2 Global Support Technicians in a region of over 600 PC users). My fellow techie appreciated it, the users appreciated it, and corporate got over it.

So I know what you're feeling, the antsiness and the financial pressure. Press your desire on your PCP, Walt. Don't take "No" for an answer. And may Yahowah grant your petition.

Richard