logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2008 1:05:35 PM(UTC)
Yada

The following is an exchange between Yada and MM:

Quote:
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 8:40 PM, MM wrote:

Yada,

I have been doing quite a bit of studying from your website and wanted to know if you ever do any one on one tutoring. I find your work fascinating. I love the word of God and learning more about him and his character.

I know that you are probably very busy with the radio shows that you do and would be pressed for time to even talk to me. If that's the case it would be perfectly fine. However if you could give me some sort of insight as to how you go about finding alot of the information that you do and different studying practices that you use it would be very helpful.

It is my desire to be the best ambassador for Christ that I can and to not be just a status quo Christian who just takes everything that is taught in the church today at face value.

If you have the time please feel free to email me back. If not I understand. Thanks once again and may God bless you and yours.

In Christ,

MM

Yada's response:

Quote:
M,

Thanks for reading Yada Yahweh. I'm pleased that you are learning more about Yahweh's nature and purpose. As you continue to read, you will discover that neither Christ nor Church are Scriptural terms, and that the religion of Christianity has more in common with Babylon than the "Bible."

I have not done any one on one tutoring, although I hope to start Yada Yahweh Sabbath Scripture Study sessions at a few local colleges with the idea of cloning them. The answers to your questions are in the prologue of the first volume. I list most all of my sources and detail the process I use to study Yah's Word.

We are all called to be ambassadors for the Messiyah Yahushua and Yahuweh. The more we know about Him and the way to Him, the better. While Yahuweh likes to use unqualified, albeit passionate people to advance His mission, He wants us to prepare first. Reading Yada Yahweh, challenging the findings of for yourself, and comparing them to church teachings, will help prepare you for the most exciting job in the universe.

Yada

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 1:15:17 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I do not see how someone can say "I have been doing quite a bit of studying from your website," and then when they write Yada they use terms that they should know he despises. Obviously this person has not been doing hardly any studying.
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 1:33:32 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Well, maybe the person has been so ingrained with Christianity and forgot what Yada wrote! Hahaha! It's like someone going to your all-wood house and saying "Nice house... great brickwork, can you please teach me how to make the mortar?" But seriously, I suppose some habits die hard in some people, and Yada's response is so calm and inoffensive that this may be just what is needed to bring about a change. "Take no offense where none is intentionally meant, be aware of those who do cause offense occasionally, and avoid those out to cause trouble." That's the motto I try to follow.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Theophilus  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 10:23:36 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Icy wrote:
I do not see how someone can say "I have been doing quite a bit of studying from your website," and then when they write Yada they use terms that they should know he despises. Obviously this person has not been doing hardly any studying.

This was my first thought as well. Do you suppose Yada could offer joining the YY forum as an alternative? Prehaps M is lurking? If so I hope that you'll feel welcome and open to posting. I think we'd be thrilled to have Yada or KP tutor us personally, however this seems like a most enjoyable and beneficial second option.
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 6:12:49 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I would love to attend one of Yada's classes if he ever stes them up at a local college. Where is local to him anyway, I may need to relocate lol.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 7:46:43 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Riiiiigght... Yada's classes and KP's classes would definitely be worth getting into. However, I'd rather think that we should do it virtually and use a point-to-multipoint or multipoint-to-multipoint video conferencing system as I do not want to compromise their safety, and that of the students. Malaysia has a company that has developed a secure MP2MP VC system, the only one in the world, and there are discounts for educational purposes. If we are serious enough, I can get into negotiations with these people (whom I met 8 years ago) provided we know how many of us need the package. There is also a license for X number of seats and when people graduate they give up their seats to the next enrollee. Perhaps someone (Yada, KP or an assigned moderator) should table the notion of a YY course officially for serious discussion. Much as I would like to pursue this in person with Yada and KP, I am fully aware of the circumstances and I do not encourage a location that will compromise anyone. That said, and not because I am paranoid, anyone using a proprietary VC system can be traced and tracked much quicker than, say, via PalTalk. On the positive (?) side we shall not all be at one place at the same time. Am I making sense?
Offline James  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 6:02:19 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Yeah I'm with you bitnet,
If Yada and KP would be interested in doing it, I would be interested in joining.

Offline kp  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:05:16 AM(UTC)
kp

Because I'm a technological Neandertal, I can't quite envision what you guys are proposing. I want to serve my brothers and sisters however I can, but I don't understand how web-based "classes" would work. (An analog guy in a digital world. Sigh.) Besides, the curriculum would have to consist in what I spend my days doing anyway---researching Yahweh's Word---and you guys already have what I've written. Off-the-cuff is more likely to contain inadvertent mistakes, and I (unlike Yada) am not a particularly good public speaker. Q&A? Sure, but we have the forum for that, and there's always email. So pardon my denseness, but what can I do for you that I'm not already doing? If somebody's got ideas for making me a more effective witness, I'm all ears.

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:13:20 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I think they mean a Paltalk style discussion or example of how you would look into something - maybe a study on how to study, or discussion on a topic live in a chat room.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline James  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 6:47:11 PM(UTC)
James
Man

I think mostly we would all like to meet you two so we can thank you in person. And speaking for myself impatience kicks in in the middle of a great discussion when you have to wait a day or two to get a response. But the fourm is a great place and I love it here.

Offline CK  
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 9:25:21 PM(UTC)
CK

kp,

"So pardon my denseness" - ???

You're hardly dense. I'd venture a guess what both yourself and Yada are currently doing in favor of The Kingdom in this earthly realm is quite often soothing for many a soul. (Not in the beginning for me, mind you. The beginning of my YY adventure was a mind blower. Shook me to the core. LOL) May Yahuweh richly bless you in this life and in the one to come.

I personally like to search things out for myself. I like it when good tips and/or web links on reference material is provided. In the last year, I've learned quite a bit from the YY site, from the links offered up by fellow forum members, and from forum discussions. I have a few other sites I frequent as well, but this is the only forum I've joined. I'm not much of a social butterfly. :o) I simply pray to know the truth. Not to be deceived, nor become a deceiver. Simple as that.
Offline kp  
#12 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 4:25:57 AM(UTC)
kp

At the very least, on Rapture Day, we can all get together and have a group hug. I love you guys, even though we'll likely never meet in this life. As for me, I kinda prefer the forum format and email to "live" discussions---for the simple reason that I get to think over what I'm going to say, rather than just blurting out something something stupid and ill-thought-out. I tend to step on my tongue in person. :-)

kp
Offline Icy  
#13 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 4:51:24 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I know what you mean, kp. I usually prefer writing over discussing things in person, as I can think it out. But, getting together just to fellowship is nice, even if I don't do a whole lot of talking myself.
Offline bitnet  
#14 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 5:40:20 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Yes, yes, that's also it... I have been affected before and the foot-in-mouth disease can always recur if I don't have enough time to think and talk before I do. I know that we'll find it tough to party together but who knows... one of these years our paths may cross, especially at Sukkoth.
Offline Theophilus  
#15 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 5:57:41 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

For my $0.02, I too prefer posting in the forum to "live" discussions in chat. I'm a slow typer prone to typos and like to think through (somewhat) what I'm going to say before writing. I enjoy seeing everyone's questions and thoughts as well as your answers.

While I'm sure we'd be thrilled to participate in a class such as Yada indicated, I'd be relieved to see him post on the forum once in a while, if for nothing else except to know how he's doing. Thanks to Yada for posting some of his more interesting exchanges, as that seems to be my best source for learning what he's up to.

Edited by user Friday, June 6, 2008 12:24:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yah Tselem  
#16 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 6:03:47 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
KP, I hear what you are saying, like at work I much prefer doing e-mail over talking live with people on the phone, etc. It gives you a chance to think about the responses. But.. I wanted to say that I went on Paltalk for the 1st time today and it is really cool because you can get quicker responses. You don't have to see the person or hear the person, and you don't have to say anything unless you want to. The big difference between that and this is the response time can be right away. One could even go on there just to see what the others are talking about but not enter any posts if they didn't want to. Anyways, I enjoyed talking to a couple of the guys and wanted to say I do recommend it for anyone who's on the fence about it and it does not take the place of the forum because the forum is still great too.
Offline James  
#17 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 6:58:18 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Yeah I prefer discussion in fourme style, at least on my end, also.

I'll have to try the PalTalk, is their a specific time when it is open, or are people just coming and going all the time??

Offline Yada  
#18 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 7:33:50 PM(UTC)
Yada

We try to open the room almost everyday. It's easy to give it a try - just click on the links included in this message as part of my signature.

See you on Patalk.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!