logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2008 4:47:24 AM(UTC)
Yada

Earlier today, I saw a 3D representation of the altar that Moses was instructed to build for animal sacrifices. It had what looked like animals horns at each corner upon which blood was put. I wondered if anyone had any explanation as to why the horns might be there. What do these horns represent?

Thanks.

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Noach  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2008 6:18:52 AM(UTC)
Noach

Yada,

Yada makes some specific references to "horns" in conjunction with the MessiYah and His salvation. Probably the most important reference is in the amplified translation of Genesis 22:13. Here, Yahushua is called the "Ayil" (sacrificial male lamb). And the reference is to His shining horns of radiant light.

There are other references Yada has amplified in conjunction with the Appointed times. They too, seem to reference the MessiYah and His salvation. I will try to find those references also.

Noach
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2008 2:15:39 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Noach wrote:

Yada,

Yada makes some specific references to "horns" in conjunction with the MessiYah and His salvation. Probably the most important reference is in the amplified translation of Genesis 22:13. Here, Yahushua is called the "Ayil" (sacrificial male lamb). And the reference is to His shining horns of radiant light.

There are other references Yada has amplified in conjunction with the Appointed times. They too, seem to reference the MessiYah and His salvation. I will try to find those references also.

Noach

I look forward to seeing what you uncover Noach. I was unclear if the physical horns depicted on the altar were specifically described as such in Scripture, whether it is a tradition, or is mere speculation based on other altars from ancient times?
Offline Yada  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 3:57:03 AM(UTC)
Yada

This link was included in an e-mail I got today. I thought I'd post it here:

Quote:
Have a Great Time
While Learning about the Jewish Temple

The Jewish Temple was the holiest place in Israel.

"Scholars who study the laws of the service are considered by Scripture as if the Beit Hamikdash (Temple) was built in their days" (Talmud).

Read on to find out how you can learn about the Jewish Temple and have fun doing so. It's easy. It makes a great gift for young and old alike.

Quiz yourself: What do you know about the Temple?

* How many courts did the Temple have?
* Where was the Court of Israel?
* Where were the fifteen steps of Levites?
* Where was Nicanor Gate?
* What did all these parts look like?

If you know the answers to these questions: Congratulations. Not many people have studied the Temple enough to know this.

However, if your knowledge of the Temple is not as good as it should be, we have a great idea for you!

Use a visual aid.

Build a model of the Temple.

If you do this, you are sure to learn a lot about the Temple, and you are sure to remember it well. It's also a great way to teach your kids and your friends.

So if you find it difficult or boring to study the Temple and its parts, or if you just don't get around to doing it, here's a fun way to do it.

You can turn the building of the model into a family project or into a project at a Youth group or community center. You can display it in your living room or in a school.

In the past, a project like this would have taken a long time. You would have to do laborious research, find sturdy materials, and design the model so that it will stand and be easy to build.

But now, building such a model is easier than ever!

No hard work. No mess to clean up.

The Temple model kit is easy to understand and simple to build.

Read on

Yada attached the following image(s):
boyfather.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline BiynaYahu  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 7:49:01 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Grace and joy everyone,

Well, actually that might be a good idea to understand the symbolism of the temple. I wouldn't mind using scripture to build a scale model of the temple, and or the tabernacle in the wilderness, but I personally think it would be more fulfilling, and enlightening from scratch using exactly the materials stated in scripture. I'm not so sure about this kit though...

Your loving brother,
Mike
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline kp  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 8:00:38 AM(UTC)
kp

Although we're told certain details about how Solomon's temple was constructed, the scripture records very little divine instruction concerning it. All the actual instruction from Yahweh concerns the Tabernacle: its dimensions, materials, function, personnel and ceremony. If you want to learn lessons from God's architecture, it seems to me you'd be best off going to where he filed the plans: the Torah. Building a model of the temple could be an interesting exercise, but building a model of the Tabernacle has the potential for giving you real spiritual insight. Check out The Owner's Manual, Vol. 2, chapter 4 for more on the Tabernacle's design.

kp
Offline kp  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 8:07:11 AM(UTC)
kp

By the way, there are some photos of some really well-done models of the Millennial Temple that will stand in Jerusalem during Yahshua's reign at this website:
http://www.sonstoglory.c...ielsMillennialTemple.htm
Worth a look.

kp
Offline BiynaYahu  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 8:15:05 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

kp wrote:
Although we're told certain details about how Solomon's temple was constructed, the scripture records very little divine instruction concerning it. All the actual instruction from Yahweh concerns the Tabernacle: its dimensions, materials, function, personnel and ceremony. If you want to learn lessons from God's architecture, it seems to me you'd be best off going to where he filed the plans: the Torah.

Hey Ken,

Blessings and love from YAHUW our dad! I was thinking of that while I was writing this, and that's why I included the tabernacle in my statement even though it wasn't mentioned in the thread. I was sort of aware that the temple wasn't really described in ha torah. I mean you can't describe something you haven't told them to build yet. So, in the end bro, I agree that building a SCALE model of the tabernacle would be the most spiritually enlightening as long as you focus on the spiritual meanings of the details rather than a legalistic construction of it perfectly.

Your loving brother,
Mike
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline CK  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 6:34:13 PM(UTC)
CK

You guys might find this interesting: http://www.templeinstitu...ay_in_life/24_shifts.htm

Enjoy.