logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kleeb  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 4:59:38 PM(UTC)
kleeb

I just bought a new book of scriptures. It is from the Institute for Scripture Research in South Africa. Does anyone have else have this version of scripture? Instead of being called a bible it is called "The Scriptures". In it both the name of the Father and Son are in the original Hebrew. It restores the original pronunciation of the names of people and places. Instead of "holy" it uses "set apart", Apostles are "taught ones". God-Elohim, Son of Man-Son of Adam, jews-yahudim, etc.
Here's an example. Mark 16:26-28, And the inscription of His accusation was written above: THE SOVEREIGN OF THE YAHUDIM. And with Him they impaled two robbers, one on His right and the other on His left. And the scripture was filled which says, "and He was reckoned with the law-less".
You can find an online version here, but it is hard to read, http://www.eliyah.org/thescriptures/
So far it looks to be a better translation than anything I've read. It's easier to understand than KJV and more accurate than NIV. Lee
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2008 7:58:47 AM(UTC)
kp

Yeah, I've got a copy, and I know Yada does too. It ain't perfect, but it's definitely a step in the right direction, linguistically far more accurate than any other published English translation. I highly recommend it.

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2008 10:38:35 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have it on e-sword... I do like it but its not perfect...

Remember if you are looking for some "NT" stuff then our very own Swalchy has been busy. He is now over half way through his translation, you can find it here:

http://www.thewaytoyahuweh.com/translations

Edited by moderator Monday, January 26, 2009 12:14:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Theophilus  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2008 2:12:26 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

KP, do you recall if you order your copy through the link Kleeb provided or another means? I keep hoping to see it in stores but have yet to see it there.

I use the version at the EliYah's site as a start but like Robskiwarrior, much enjoy and prefer Swalchy's amplified RC Scriptures.

Thankfully between the ISR Scriptures, the tools YY references and the Scripture amplification renderings performed by KP, Yada, and Swalchy we are gaining access to a much clearer and deeper Scripture message. Thanks guys.
Offline kleeb  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2008 5:24:22 PM(UTC)
kleeb

I got mine through Eliyah's site. Here is a link to the publisher's site. You can get single copies cheaper from Eliyah. He buys them in bulk and sells them at cost. http://www.isr-messianic.org/ Lee
Offline glory2glorious  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 7:00:49 AM(UTC)
glory2glorious
Woman

Good morning, all -- er -- if it is still morning, where you are! The Scriptures, aka my little black Book, :0), is an absolute treasure, and not only because of the true name text but because there are no distractions (ie: lengthy commentaries) from the Word contained therein. It's simply the Word, with but a few footnotes and brief explanations. I also appreciate the underlined text regarding prophesy fulfilled and yet to be fulfilled. The humble hearts of the publishers (who are no less than dedicated to the cause of presenting a better translation)are prefaced, and this too is refreshing. I could go on and on, but will spare you. :-) Much of this you already know, anyway.

4HisGlory,
me
Offline kp  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 7:41:39 AM(UTC)
kp

Yeah, Theo. I'm pretty sure I got my softcover copy from Eliyah, but then Dr. Jeff Grill from Phoenix, bless his heart, sent me a hardback copy, and I gave my other one away to somebody. Maybe you'll see it in stores someday---right after they publish YY, FH, and TOM! LOL Don't hold your breath.

kp
Offline bitnet  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 7:48:44 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Perhaps I should try to import these "little black books" into Malaysia and the region, if the other big Christian bookstores did not beat me to it first... It definitely does not refer to Allah so there is a good chance... gotta run!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline glory2glorious  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:11:43 AM(UTC)
glory2glorious
Woman

Greetings, all. Humm ... I don't know that The Scriptures is available in book stores. When I ordered mine it was through Lew White/Fossilized Customs. As they are almost always out of stock, it took a while for a reprinting and then mailing, from Africa. Are you in Malaysia, bitnet? Y'all have a truly wonderful day!
Offline kleeb  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 5:23:58 PM(UTC)
kleeb

Here is a passage that tells you how much better "The Scriptures" is compared to "the bible". Romans 10:4, NIV, Christ is the end off the law... The Scriptures, For Messiah is the goal of the Torah.... I discovered this error in the bible before I read this in The Scriptures. I was happy to see the correction.
I am thinking of buying copies of the Scriptures in bulk and giving the away. Since I can only afford about 10 copies each month , I want them to go where they will do the most good. Does anyone have any idea how I could distribute them in the most productive way possable? I have some ideas, but there has to be a better way. Lee
Offline bitnet  
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:18:45 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Kleeb, I like your idea... but it would be more prudent to send them an article before giving away The Scriptures. You don't want to spend unnecessarily, right? If you do want to buy The Scriptures for others, put it into a church library where there is good chance it will be used as a reference book (not a paper weight or door stop) or pass it to those who really express a desire for better translations. Don't let your zeal get ahead of you. Remember Mat 7:6 “Do not give what is set-apart to the dogs, nor throw your pearls before the pigs, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."
Offline kleeb  
#12 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 6:11:26 PM(UTC)
kleeb

It's amazing bitnet. Today I got the same idea that it would be best if I could get The Scriptures into the churches. I realized today that Yah wants me to concentrate my efforts in bringing the elect out of the pagan religions and into the truth. I do like the idea of sending out copies of articles from YY and other sites, then saying a free copy of the scriptures is availably. I could deliver it personally. Lee
Offline glory2glorious  
#13 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2008 5:48:38 AM(UTC)
glory2glorious
Woman

Bitnet, Kleeb -- Yahweh is AMAZING, isn't He? Huge smile!!!!
Offline bitnet  
#14 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2008 8:35:55 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Glad to be able to put a great smile on your face all the way from Malaysia, G2G. I almost said "great minds think alike" to Kleeb, then I instantly realised that it is only 1 mind that is working through us.
Offline Walt  
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 6:52:12 PM(UTC)
Walt
Man

I have The Scriptures from ISR but also The Hebrew Roots Version of The Scriptures (also from ISR) - It uses the Hebrew and Aramaic copies for Matthew and Revelation, and also corrects some of the problems of the Greek.

I love it, but it still has problems: like with Acts 20 and saying the first day of the week instead of the first Sabbath.
Offline Matthew  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:35:45 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have a copy of the ISR version as well, but lately I have been getting somewhat annoyed with it, I find it difficult to read at times and then have to refer to the other usual versions such as the NIV and KJV, which tend to flow better and are easier to read. When I read Yada's and kp's work I sometimes have my ISR next to me to see what it says. I also use online web versions, like biblegateway, and then use it to see a few takes from other versions.

I don't have a copy of the HRV, so have no comments on it.
Offline Matthew  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2008 9:54:29 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Forgot to say: Welcome to the forum Walt!