logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 8:39:30 AM(UTC)
Yada

I just came online and this was the headline of CNN: "Quake kills thousands, traps hundreds"

A massive 7.9-magnitude earthquake killed more than 8,500 people in China and left hundreds trapped under rubble, state run media report. About 900 students are reported buried under a collapsed school. China's Seismological Bureau said the quake affected more than half the country's provinces and municipalities. full story

Just below the story of this tragedy, CNN carried these other "Top" Stories:

Top Stories

* Bloated corpses pile up in Myanmar 3 min
* Clashes continue in Lebanon for 5th day 58 min
* Obama takes lead in superdelegate count
* Violence hits Sadr City despite cease-fire
* Twister kills 2 mothers protecting kin 22 min
* Did 'D.C. Madam' really kill herself? Video T-shirt
* Judge to finalise McCartney divorce
* Nobel winner: Prize 'a bloody disaster'
* Skimpy dress lands prom girl in 'cuffs Video T-shirt
* 'Sex and the City' mania hits London
* CNN Wire: Latest updates on top stories

"People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all."
(Luke 17:26-28)

Edited by user Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:58:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Yada attached the following image(s):
china quake.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 9:09:18 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
yet another disaster....
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 1:15:26 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
And with several years left, yet, just imagine what the next few years will be like. . .
Offline EI  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2008 9:19:00 AM(UTC)
EI

You know, what is really alarming to me is the lack of awareness. Yada, I feel that your quote hits it right on the spot. I asked my cohort that consists of 42 of us now(46 when we start in August, 4 have failed out unfortunately) about the quake and I promise you that I could count on one hand how many were aware and still have a finger and a thumb to spare. Noone seems to truly care and they are totally oblivious to scriptural prophesies and the vast majority of them laugh at the possibility of the 'bible' having relevance at all.

Now the number is 50000 plus regarding the quake and who knows when it is going to end.
Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:12:32 PM(UTC)
kp

Hal Lindsey recently wrote:

Quote:
Back in 1969, the year I wrote "The Late, Great Planet Earth," the USGS identified a total of seven "significant earthquakes." I had noted in 1969 that there was a slight but discernible increase in worldwide earthquake activity since Israel's rebirth in 1948. During the entire decade of the 1970s, the USGS recorded a total of 44 earthquakes it classified as "significant." The following decade, from January 1980 to December 1989, the USGS recorded 47 significant earthquakes. That is for the entire decade. From 1990 through the end of 1999, the USGS records 57 significant earthquakes. From 2000 thru to Monday's earthquake in Sichuan, China, the USGS recorded an astonishing 109 earthquakes of at least magnitude 7.0 and 13 earthquakes measuring between 8.0 and 9.9 on the Richter Scale.

Bear in mind that the Greek word "seismos" used to describe earthquakes in Yahshua's dire Olivet Discourse warnings also legitimately describes storms at sea, tsunamis, hurricanes, cyclones, typhoons and the like. Blame 'em on global warming if you like, but these too are with us in increasing frequency and destructive power. The earth is beginning to feel labor pains. Too bad it doesn't know it's pregnant.

kp
Offline Yada  
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2008 10:12:34 PM(UTC)
Yada

This video clip just came out on CNN's web site.

Quote:
Mass evacuation in China
Fears of floods force tens of thousands to flee Beichuan, China

You can watch it here.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2008 11:28:50 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

Yes, the world is going topsy-turvy but few are reading the signs properly. Thanks to the YY site, we are better informed. KP's The Future History is really a blockbuster and a movie should be made. Thanks for the latest audio uploads on FH. Already downloaded all 19 chapters and waiting for the rest. In Abba Yahweh's name I trust that He will keep you all safe until Messiah Yahushua's arrival.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2008 2:08:42 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

bitnet wrote:
Shalom All,

Yes, the world is going topsy-turvy but few are reading the signs properly. Thanks to the YY site, we are better informed. KP's The Future History is really a blockbuster and a movie should be made. Thanks for the latest audio uploads on FH. Already downloaded all 19 chapters and waiting for the rest. In Abba Yahweh's name I trust that He will keep you all safe until Messiah Yahushua's arrival.

Thinking of Movies, I think KP should start doing film trailor voice overs... lower the voice a little and you have the perfect "It was a time of war..." voice!
Offline kp  
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:26:19 AM(UTC)
kp

Since Yada's moved back out west, I've recruited a new voice for the scripture parts, and we plan to begin work on the last few chapters of FH audio later this week. So please pray for Vic (the "voice") and me. Thanks for the compliment, Robski. I have done a little voice-over work in my time. Lower the voice? That's what we've got software for. :-)

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:44:52 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

kp wrote:
Since Yada's moved back out west, I've recruited a new voice for the scripture parts, and we plan to begin work on the last few chapters of FH audio later this week. So please pray for Vic (the "voice") and me. Thanks for the compliment, Robski. I have done a little voice-over work in my time. Lower the voice? That's what we've got software for. :-)

kp

Vic the voice! Excellent :)
Offline Mike  
#11 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2008 3:15:09 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Thanks KP for your hard work in writing Future History and providing these new MP3 audio files. I had made MP3 files of Future History and The Owners Manual using a text to speech synthesizer and have listened to them. I must say that your voice is much better than the computer generated voice. ;) But seriously, I think that a lot more people can be reached with MP3 audio files than with PDF files alone. I listen to the MP3 audio in the car or while doing chores around the house.

So the question on everyone’s mind is; are you going to make MP3 audio files of TOM?
Offline Yada  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2008 1:40:51 AM(UTC)
Yada

This is the latest headline regarding the aftermath of the quake in China:

Thousands flee over China 'quake lake' fears

The full story is here.
home.lake.gi.jpg
Offline kp  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:26:13 AM(UTC)
kp

Yes, Mike, that's the plan. We intend to do TOM in audio as well after finishing FH. Please be patient, though. These things take, like, forever. I'm certainly glad to hear I sound better than a synthesized computer voice.

kp
Offline Yada  
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2008 2:15:19 AM(UTC)
Yada

It looks like Sharon Stone has gotten herself into some trouble - CNN is reporting:

Quote:
BEIJING, China (AP) -- French fashion house Christian Dior said Thursday it has dropped Sharon Stone from its Chinese advertisements and released a statement from the actress apologizing for saying the earthquake that struck China may have been the result of bad "karma" over its treatment of Tibet.

Too bad Ms. Stone doesn't know the real reason behind all of this seismic activity.

The full story is here.

Edited by user Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:01:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

stone.ap.jpg
Offline Yada  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:23:29 AM(UTC)
Yada

More quakes. This time in Iceland. CNN added this story 18 minutes ago:

Quote:
Iceland rocked by magnitude 6.1 quake

Residents southeast of Reykjavik, Iceland, have been told to go home and check on relatives and possessions after a magnitude-6.1 earthquake Thursday which is reported to have damaged roads and homes, a Reykjavik journalist said.

The full story is here.
iceland.quake.jpg
Offline bitnet  
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2008 8:15:34 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

Perhaps all these news bits should be grouped under a heading called Seismowatch... It's altogether unnerving and a blatant reminder that the more we claim to affect the earth, the more the earth answers with movements that show our insignifiance.

Everything was made for man, and if we think that we can unravel the Gordion Knot of the universe by ourselves, He allows the universe to loosen some of the threads of the rope just to remind us who is in charge.

I often wondered why Jupiter and Saturn are so big and in such a location in our solar system. When I realised that they actually minimise asteroids crashes into earth, I was truly awed by His attention to detail. I then realised that all the planets and stars around us have a role to play to maintain the equilibrium that enables us to live for a particular period of time. I also now understand why everything will be renewed later when this planet is made HQ of the universe.

"Awesome" just doesn't cut it and I understand why in Scripture certain people said that we are in for some incredible developments that exceed whatever we can imagine. So if these birth pangs herald of the coming of ages, then we'd better hold on tight for the ride ahead cause it's gonna get real bumpy before it smoothens out.

Edited by user Friday, May 30, 2008 12:12:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#17 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 12:57:33 AM(UTC)
Yada

Today from CNN:

Quote:
China orders mass exodus from 'quake lake' zone

MIANYANG, China (CNN) -- Authorities ordered up to 1.3 million people to evacuate in southwestern China on Friday. They feared that water might burst through a dam created when a powerful earthquake triggered a landslide, state-media reported.

The full story from CNN is here.
Offline Yada  
#18 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2008 5:17:22 AM(UTC)
Yada

More on the aftershocks in China:

Quote:
Aftershock hits quake lake, setting off landslides

JIANGYOU, China (AP) -- A "relatively strong" aftershock shook a massive quake-formed lake Sunday that had been threatening to flood more than a million people, sending landslides tumbling down surrounding mountains, a state news agency reported.

The full story is here.

As this story ran, CNN's banner read:
Quote:
"Breaking News: Strong earthquake hits Greece, killing one person and triggering landslides that have trapped another 11, reports say."
Offline Yada  
#19 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2008 5:27:04 AM(UTC)
Yada

This just in on the quake that hit Greece:

Quote:
ATHENS, Greece (CNN) -- A strong earthquake jolted western Greece on Sunday, killing one person and triggering landslides that have reportedly trapped at least 11 people, according to state-run media.

Another 15 have been injured as a result of the quake, many trying to flee their homes, according to Greece's NET television. It struck around 3:30 p.m. local time and measured 6.1 in magnitude, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. Athens' Geodynamic Institute registered the quake at 6.5 in magnitude.

The full story is here.

I thought I would repost a portion of Ken's earlier observation under this thread:

Quote:
Back in 1969, the year I wrote "The Late, Great Planet Earth," the USGS identified a total of seven "significant earthquakes." I had noted in 1969 that there was a slight but discernible increase in worldwide earthquake activity since Israel's rebirth in 1948. During the entire decade of the 1970s, the USGS recorded a total of 44 earthquakes it classified as "significant." The following decade, from January 1980 to December 1989, the USGS recorded 47 significant earthquakes. That is for the entire decade. From 1990 through the end of 1999, the USGS records 57 significant earthquakes. From 2000 thru to Monday's earthquake in Sichuan, China, the USGS recorded an astonishing 109 earthquakes of at least magnitude 7.0 and 13 earthquakes measuring between 8.0 and 9.9 on the Richter Scale.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#20 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2008 7:29:44 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

and flash floods hit Hong Kong - most rainfall recorded...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7441945.stm
Offline Yada  
#21 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2008 11:09:30 PM(UTC)
Yada

Still more aftershocks in China:

Quote:
Aftershock spurs landslides in quake zone

QINGLIAN, China (AP) -- Chinese soldiers used anti-tank weapons to blast away rocks and mud holding back waters in an earthquake-formed lake that threatens more than 1 million people living downstream.

Television and official Web sites showed People's Liberation Army troops firing 82 millimeter recoilless guns at debris on Sunday.

Story Highlights
- NEW: Aftershock on Sunday creates new landslides in quake zone
- Chinese soldiers blow up houses and other debris in quake lake
- Water seeping from dammed quake lake concerns Chinese authorities
- Official death toll from quake has risen to 69,134, with 17,681 missing

The full story is here.
Offline Yada  
#22 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2008 11:16:42 PM(UTC)
Yada

More on the earthquake that just struck Greece:

Quote:
Greek earthquake aftershock warning

ATHENS, Greece (AP) -- Seismologists are warning a strong aftershock is expected in southwestern Greece, which was struck on Sunday by a powerful earthquake that killed two people and injured nearly 150.
advertisement

The Athens Geodynamic Institute says the quake had a preliminary magnitude of 6.5 and struck on Sunday afternoon near the port city of Patras, about 200 kilometers (120 miles) west of Athens. Authorities say dozens of houses were flattened, and more than 200 more were damaged.

Seismologists at the Athens Geodynamic Institute said Monday they were expecting a strong aftershock with a magnitude of about 5 or 5.5 in the coming days or weeks. They are warning people in the area not to approach damaged buildings, to stay calm and to heed instructions by authorities.

The article is here.
Offline shalom82  
#23 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2008 11:36:16 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Stop the world...I wanna get off.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Yada  
#24 Posted : Monday, June 9, 2008 2:18:06 AM(UTC)
Yada

For those following the story in China:

Quote:
Water rising too fast at China quake lake

BEIJING, China (CNN) -- Fears were mounting Monday for the safety of one million people downstream from a "quake lake" in China as waters threatening to burst a dam of landslide rubble were rising faster than engineers could drain them.

Story Highlights
- Quake lake waters rising faster than engineers can drain them
- Engineers working frantically to dig drainage channels
- Water seeping from dammed quake lake concerns Chinese authorities

The full story is here.

lake1.ap.jpg