logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 8:43:54 PM(UTC)
Yada

I was reading in the YY - "Implement of Yah" chapter when I came across this reference to a letter that Pontius Pilate wrote to the Emperor explaining why he crucified Yahshua of Nazareth:

Quote:
...there was a solar eclipse on the afternoon of the 14th of Nisan, 33, the very time of the Ma'sehyah's sacrifice. All three eyewitness accounts recorded it: "Now from the sixth hour [noon] to the ninth hour there was a darkness over the land." (Matthew 27:45) And then there's a letter written by Pontius Pilate explaining to the Emperor why he crucified Yahushua of Nazareth. The letter, now in the British Museum, is dated "The 5th of the calends of April," calends referring to the beginning of a month. The letter was written on the first Tuesday after the event.

I have been searching (unsuccessfully) for a copy of this letter online. Is anyone aware of a site where I might find one or how to search the British Museum online (not much luck there either).

I did come across some interesting links that I thought I would share:

1. LETTERS OF HEROD AND PILATE - which claims to have the text in English of these letters.

2. PILATE'S LETTER TO TIBERIUS CAESAR Concerning the Arrest, Trial and Crucifixion of Jesus. (Paperback) available on Amazon.com available $5.95

Let me know what you think.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Sator  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 9:30:22 PM(UTC)
Sator

This is the text. Not sure if you were looking for a picture of it

It's a pretty short letter, search for "the 5th"

http://www.pseudepigraph...s/lettersHerodPilate.htm

http://www.archive.org/d...chkovolumeorar00mahaiala is based on the source document but may not be reliable.

Sator

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:12:38 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I must say im not really taken by those letters... I think that I would like to see the document that it was translated from to really know. The site it to pro-"Our Lord" for me to trust it without a photo of the text it was taken from. Basically I could have written that :)

Im going to look at that free book... found here http://www.archive.org/d...volumeorar00mahaiala.pdf

dont want to be sceptical but I dont want to take anything that I could have writen myself lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Yada  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:03:58 AM(UTC)
Yada

What I found interesting was the account given of "Pilate's trial." According to the site, he was summoned by Ceasar and berated for giving into the wishes of the 'Jews' and allowing him to be crucified. It seems that Ceasar was intrigued by the stories that were circulating about the many miracles that 'Jesus' performed and wanted to meet him (that was the impression I got from the reading of the 'letters').

I've often wondered about what, if any, historical record(s) exist regarding Pilate and his wife after this episode.

Although I don't know anything about the veracity of the 'letters' available via the site - it was an interesting 'read.'

Does anyone know more or have any additional information to contribute about the aftermath of the crucifixion from the Roman perspective?
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2008 3:52:41 AM(UTC)
Yada

Wow - is that right? Never heard that before - I wonder why nothing more substantive exists in terms of Roman administrative records? Surely, the "Masters of the World" kept a few records of their 'mastery.'