logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Noach  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2008 6:47:19 AM(UTC)
Noach

I am curious as to how everyone has been spending Passover and Unleavened Bread. Here on the west coast, it is the morning of Unleavened Bread and my family will be enjoying the day together.

What kind of meals did everyone serve?

Were you able to get together with family and/or friends to share the time?

How are you observing the special sabbath?

Thanks,

Noach

Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 3:25:10 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My family went over to a friend's house. We had our Passover meal at the end of the Nissan 14. The time was good. We went over some of the symbolisim of the meal. My wife did not care for the lamb, but she did eat some. I tried a different recipe for the unleavened bread and used wheat flour; it did not taste good. So, I went back to my original recipe, but cooked it differently. That was good, but I still liked my first attempt best.

We did not follow that "script" that I posted, at all, much to my relief.
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 5:59:13 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I spent the evening alone, wife doesn't support "religions" so to make it easy on her I even put the kids to bed first, which meant it was well into Unleavened Bread and pretty late, though well before midnight. I didn't have a lot of time so I just prepared the essential ingredients: unleavened bread, lamb, and red grape juice. I wasn't sure what is meant by bitter herbs, only now that I researched it I realised I had it wrong, I put spices on the lamb instead of having a side-dish of horseradish or romaine lettuce or similar. Anyway, I battled to get the fire going, spent about half an hour at least just to get a little flame, it almost died on me as soon as the fire-lighters finished but with a bit of paper and me blowing my lungs out I got it going :) Though I believe it was my prayer request while talking with Daddy to make it a success. Lamb tasted brilliant!

I will be eating unleavened bread for the week and thinking about my sin and it's removal through the finished work of the Messiyah.

Today just visiting family as we usually do on Sundays. But my mind will be elsewhere, where my heart is, and it can be found in the Messiyah.

On Wednesday the family goes to celebrate the Jewish Passover with my wife's Jewish side of the family.

Have a great Festival brothers and sisters!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 6:08:43 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We celebrated towards the end of Passover and into unleavened bread. It was the best passover to date, everything really hit home for me this year. Just feeling so thankful for the sacrifice!

It was my family, Swalchy and Peter H, we had a good time talking about where we were at and what we had discovered along the way - as it was the first time we had met Peter. It was very encouraging to see that another "lunatic" was thinking along the same lines as we were, and had come from a completly different angle. We had roast leg of lamb, with unleavened bread and red wine / red grape juice...

Yah is great :)

- Rob
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Mike  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 7:12:54 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I went to a Passover Seder last night. There were about a hundred Messianic believers there. It started with a greet and seat, then a blowing of the Shofars. Followed by teaching, then the Seder with bitter herbs, unleavened bread, Mogen David wine and grape juice, and roasted lamb. Then we had the feast which included salad, smoked beef brisket, chicken, lamb, corn, potatoes, matzo balls, and dessert. Then we had the Praise band play. Then did foot washing, then the Aaronic Benediction, and had a closing blowing of the Shofars. Then I tried to learn some Davidic dance. I left at 11pm. It was great and I Praise Yah for the fellowship.