logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 7:13:44 PM(UTC)
Yada

Pope Benedict just gave a Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral in New Yorik City. The caption under the video actually read, "Votive Mass for the Universal Church." This really struck me as I thought - could this be the name under which a "one world religion" masquerades - "The Universal Church?"

The Mass was attended by leaders of many different religious groups - all wearing curious costumes with an assortment of funny hats. As all listened to the second reading about "The Advocate coming forth", the intended linking to Pope Benedict being "The Advocate" could not be missed. Benedict confirmed this as he continually grinned and panned the crowd.

It's just incredible to see these events unfolding before our eyes. One thing I'm curious about however is how the "false prophet" of Revelation ties into all of this and when he will actually appear on the scene?

Anyway, here are some excerpts from Benedict's "Universal Church" homily. The theme is always the same - unity, unity, unity:

Quote:
Gathered as we are in this historic cathedral, how can we not think of the countless men and women who have gone before us, who labored for the growth of the Church in the United States, and left us a lasting legacy of faith and good works? In today’s first reading we saw how, in the power of the Holy Spirit, the Apostles went forth from the Upper Room to proclaim God’s mighty works to people of every nation and tongue. In this country, the Church’s mission has always involved drawing people “from every nation under heaven” (cf. Acts 2:5) into spiritual unity, and enriching the Body of Christ by the variety of their gifts. As we give thanks for past blessings, and look to the challenges of the future, let us implore from God the grace of a new Pentecost for the Church in America. May tongues of fire, combining burning love of God and neighbor with zeal for the spread of Christ’s Kingdom, descend on all present!

Quote:
In this morning’s second reading, Saint Paul reminds us that spiritual unity – the unity which reconciles and enriches diversity – has its origin and supreme model in the life of the triune God.

Quote:
The Church, as “a people made one by the unity of the Father, the Son and the Spirit”

Quote:
The first has to do with the stained glass windows, which flood the interior with mystic light. From the outside, those windows are dark, heavy, even dreary. But once one enters the church, they suddenly come alive; reflecting the light passing through them, they reveal all their splendor. Many writers – here in America we can think of Nathaniel Hawthorne – have used the image of stained glass to illustrate the mystery of the Church herself. It is only from the inside, from the experience of faith and ecclesial life, that we see the Church as she truly is: flooded with grace, resplendent in beauty, adorned by the manifold gifts of the Spirit. It follows that we, who live the life of grace within the Church’s communion, are called to draw all people into this mystery of light.

Quote:
This is no easy task in a world which can tend to look at the Church, like those stained glass windows, “from the outside”: a world which deeply senses a need for spirituality, yet finds it difficult to “enter into” the mystery of the Church."

Quote:
And they make us think of another magnificent phrase of Saint Irenaeus: “where the Church is, there is the Spirit of God; where the Spirit of God is, there is the Church and all grace” (Adv. Haer. III, 24, 1).

Quote:
This leads me to a further reflection about the architecture of this church. Like all Gothic cathedrals, it is a highly complex structure, whose exact and harmonious proportions symbolize the unity of God’s creation. Medieval artists often portrayed Christ, the creative Word of God, as a heavenly “geometer”, compass in hand, who orders the cosmos with infinite wisdom and purpose. Does this not bring to mind our need to see all things with the eyes of faith, and thus to grasp them in their truest perspective, in the unity of God’s eternal plan? This requires, as we know, constant conversion, and a commitment to acquiring “a fresh, spiritual way of thinking” (cf. Eph 4:23). It also calls for the cultivation of those virtues which enable each of us to grow in holiness and to bear spiritual fruit within our particular state of life. Is not this ongoing “intellectual” conversion as necessary as “moral” conversion for our own growth in faith, our discernment of the signs of the times, and our personal contribution to the Church’s life and mission?

Quote:
For all of us, I think, one of the great disappointments which followed the Second Vatican Council, with its call for a greater engagement in the Church’s mission to the world, has been the experience of division between different groups, different generations, different members of the same religious family.

Quote:
Was not this unity of vision and purpose – rooted in faith and a spirit of constant conversion and self-sacrifice – the secret of the impressive growth of the Church in this country?

Quote:
Dear friends, these considerations lead me to a final observation about this great cathedral in which we find ourselves. The unity of a Gothic cathedral, we know, is not the static unity of a classical temple, but a unity born of the dynamic tension of diverse forces which impel the architecture upward, pointing it to heaven. Here too, we can see a symbol of the Church’s unity, which is the unity – as Saint Paul has told us – of a living body composed of many different members, each with its own role and purpose. Here too we see our need to acknowledge and reverence the gifts of each and every member of the body as “manifestations of the Spirit given for the good of all” (1 Cor 12:7).

Quote:
The spires of Saint Patrick’s Cathedral are dwarfed by the skyscrapers of the Manhattan skyline, yet in the heart of this busy metropolis, they are a vivid reminder of the constant yearning of the human spirit to rise to God. As we celebrate this Eucharist, let us thank the Lord for allowing us to know him in the communion of the Church, to cooperate in building up his Mystical Body, and in bringing his saving word as good news to the men and women of our time. And when we leave this great church, let us go forth as heralds of hope in the midst of this city, and all those places where God’s grace has placed us. In this way, the Church in America will know a new springtime in the Spirit, and point the way to that other, greater city, the new Jerusalem, whose light is the Lamb (Rev 21:23). For there God is even now preparing for all people a banquet of unending joy and life. Amen.

The complete text of his homily is here.You can watch the Mass here.

Yahoo carried a story about the Mass entitled: Benedict celebrates 1st papal Mass at St. Patrick's Here are a couple of quotes:

Quote:
Marcio Silva, 34, proudly displayed a digital camera with a photo of the pope from the back window of his limousine.

"After seeing the pope I feel different," said Silva, a painter from Bridgeport, Conn. "I feel much better, because I see a person who will make the world better."

Quote:
Benedict blessed the cathedral with holy water before making his way to the altar. Nuns clutched at his robes, showing an enthusiasm for his presence that has spread among the general public throughout his visit.

Quote:
A group of teenagers from a Paterson, N.J., church showed up with drums, tambourines and a guitar. As the papal motorcade approached Fifth Avenue, Jenny Alcantara, 17, yelled out, "The pope is coming!" Others in the crowd shouted "Hallelujah!," waving flags in yellow and white, the colors of the Vatican.

"The pope makes a difference in my life every day," Alcantara said. "(He) keeps me away from drugs, depression, premarital sex."

Yada attached the following image(s):
benedict shaking hands.jpg
nuns.jpg
pope with sunburst hat at altar.jpg
nuns kneeling before benedict.jpg
man outstretched arms with sun overhead.jpg
pope with adoring crowd.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 8:06:39 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

Catholic simply means Universal, hence Ben's use of the reference in modern parlance. Just wait for it over the next few years...
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 8:17:08 PM(UTC)
Yada

Yes, I understood that but my point was the inclusion of representatives from various other religions in this "Universal" Mass of the "Universal/Catholic" Church - and wondering what the implications were?

I hope you get a chance to read the Yahoo article - it seems that there is a kind of euphoria sweeping the USA as a result of his visit - sad.

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 10:10:03 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Actually read it, saw some videos, and some of the accompanying reports and comments on his visit. It is the start of a new dawn as the USA is the stronghold of developed Catholicism. Even though there are more Catholics in South America, the collective influence of the congregations there pale in comparison to the Americans. Furthermore, with the other Christians and non-Christians there, it is highly beneficial for ecumenical purposes. Ben is doing a great job from the eyes of a Catholic. And from other perspectives, if there is a spiritual leader who can take charge and lead them into the end-game against the onslaught of those willing to commit violence in the name of religion... so be it. Hence explaining Yahushua's saying about "the ways of peace they know not."
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 3:12:23 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
That article, and the pictures especially, absolutly disgusts me. Seeing these people revere him as God just makes me want to vomit.
Offline Yada  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 4:25:11 AM(UTC)
Yada

Icy - I remember reading something I believe Yada wrote that the problem is Catholics "have been misled into believing that their Church represents Christ." If you have any doubts about it, just take a look at the video of the Mass today held at Yankee Stadium. In the intro you will see Benedict's image directly centered above the caption, "Christ Our Hope." For me, there was no mistaking the intended message/connection. Yikes.

For a few more chuckles (groans), just let the video play on a bit - the two commentators open by talking about how this "Apostolic visit has been a smashing success." Later, the Archbishop opening the Mass, after reading a long list of the dioceses around the USA represented, said something like, "but you are the Supreme Pontiff and our Leader..." Pope Benedict all the while smiling and nodding. As Benedict takes his seat (with a large gold cross on the backrest) the camera shot makes it appear as if he was the one on the cross (my impression). And then, as the camera pans back, don't miss the huge Papal coat of arms suspended above - much, much larger than the cross below.

I also learned from one of the commentators that the Papal 'ring kissing' goes back to the 'ring of Peter." I wonder if this 'ring' is connected in anyway to the "Chair of Peter?" (see an earlier post - I guess Peter left a lot of things behind) One viewer e-mailed in a question asking, "I've been holding up my rosaries to the TV - are they blessed?" Fr. Newhouse, the priest/commentator responded, "The answer is yes."

At one point, they cut to a woman at the stadium named Joan who talked about (and I'm quoting) "The Pre-Game Show" before the Mass.

Oh yeah, let me know what you think of the giant "Papal emblem" they constructed which covered the grounds of the stadium. I don't know what to make of it - is it a giant sunburst or a huge Eucharist with sun beams? I can't quite make up my mind.

You can watch the video here.

Christ Our Hope logo.jpg
yankee stadium pope.jpg
Offline Icy  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 5:42:53 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

I really don't care to watch all that, it makes me too sick. Thankfully, at work, I can not watch any videos.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 6:03:02 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
why are people waving white cloth or hankies at him in the bottom picture of yada's post?
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Icy  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 6:15:44 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

They are waving white and yellow clothes, Robski, the vatican's colors.
Offline Yada  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 7:07:18 AM(UTC)
Yada

The Papal colors of yellow and white apparently represent the colors that his troops wore. Some attribute it the "colors of the keys" but this sounds a little weak - I'd put my money on the military tie-in.

Ever wonder about the strange "backpacking bear" on Benedict's coast of arms? One web site states:

"The backpacking bear, the so-called bear of Corbinian, recalls a legend associated with this bishop who preached in Bavaria in the 8th c. On a trip to Rome, the saint stopped somewhere in Tirol, and while no one was guarding the animals a bear killed his mule; so the bishop told one of his servants to take a whip, scold the bear and put the mule's burden on the bear's back, which he did. Once arrived in Rome, the bishop let the bear go free. In the legend, the bear symbolizes the domestication of the heathens by Christianity."

You can read about the other symbols here.
benedictXVI coat of arms.jpg
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 10:12:18 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

thanks for the explination :D
Offline Yada  
#12 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 4:20:10 PM(UTC)
Yada

I just found a photo of the Papal emblem they laid out in the center of Yankee stadium. What the 'hell' is this thing? It looks like a giant Eucharis/sunburst. I like the way they've converted home plate into a Masonic pyramid - nice touch. Osiris would be so pleased.
yankee stadium sunburst large.jpg
Offline bitnet  
#13 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 7:13:11 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

While Ben bolsters his position in the USA, the Aussies are also preparing to receive him in July. However, there's a rub: they are griping at the $89 million budget to host Ben Down Under. The Oz government claims that with 125,000 visitors, of whom many shall be from the neighbouring countries, they expect to get back about $120 million, which is good business. Nonetheless, the non-Catholics are griping as the Oz Catholics are only a quarter of the population and $89 million is state money. Looks like it is boiling down to mammon in Oz.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:16:16 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

flippen $89mil thats insane. Cant he just go for the price of the air-fare, and the rest go to paying off the debt of some third world country? Its just insane.
Offline Yada  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2008 6:36:03 PM(UTC)
Yada

Ever wonder what the "Catholic perspective" is of the Last Supper? I stumbled across this photo online:

Edited by user Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:42:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

catholic version of the last supper.jpg
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2008 9:34:37 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Fromt the perspective of knowing Yah, it makes that picture extreamly amusing... lol
Offline Dennis Treacy  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:11:31 PM(UTC)
Dennis Treacy
Man

Notice in the picture the very evil looking Jew sneaking out the back curtain, while all the Euro looking apostles hang with Jesus.

My father a devoted RC went to mass every day, he told me the priest told him that only Judas was a Jew, Jesus and all the other apostles were not.

My father was a very well educated man, but if the priest said it, it must be fact. Without the scriptures to read he could be told anything.

My sister is a member of the Pious the Tenth society, (latin, pre vatican 2) she told me I would lose my soul in reading the scriptures, how very sad for these folks.

My mother who had a stroke, needed me to drive her to mass at a Pious the tenth church, I sat for the mass. I really felt like I was in some kind of satanic pagan rite. The priest literally spoke lies to these congregants, he twisted scripture to and fro to make his point of how all those out side of the RCC are going to hell.
Offline shalom82  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2008 8:33:18 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Not much of a supper...
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bitnet  
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:51:04 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello All,

While we retreat from idolatry and blasphemy, let us not get fixated on the rituals and beliefs of one congregation of one religion. Perhaps more should be done to support those who want to follow Yahushua. Let's try to get more people onto the PalTalk study group where the programs may do more to spread Truth and dispel error much more effectively than verbose criticism here.

Shalom Aleichem
Offline Icy  
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:31:31 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Bitnet, thanks for returning the focus.
Offline CK  
#21 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 2:45:18 PM(UTC)
CK

Yes Bitnet, I lean toward focusing also, but first I must make a couple of remarks: Benedict has evil eyes, and his smile is devious. I don't know how people can't see it. Wait a minute, yes I do.

I viewed Benedict's sideshow only briefly while visiting with a friend. My friend who is ignorant of most 'religious stuff' commented that it appeared to him to be nothing more than a bunch of paganistic crap. This from a person who does not attend church, does not read Scripture to my knowledge, and is not usually open to faith based conversation. Needless to say, good conversation followed.
Offline Yada  
#22 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 2:50:29 PM(UTC)
Yada

Speaking of Pope Pius X, a later Pope - Pius XII has actually been connected with something called "The Rat Line." Apparently, Pope Pius XII saw the facist regimes standing against Communism (which he feared and was fixated upon). According to an expose that ABC News did in the early 1990's, after WWII ended the Vatican provided visas and other documentation to fleeing Nazis allowing them to travel to Argentina. A series of monasteries were used to house/hide these fleeing war criminals.

I've heard of the Pope Pius Society but hadn't heard the outright admonition against reading Scripture. Since a focus of YY and this forum is to expose religious errors and deceptions - I would like to hear more about this group. What sets them apart from the balance of the Church?

The "Rat Line" program is available online (in parts) and I've also uploaded the video to the YY Study Group room on Paltalk.

It's simple to join the room - just click here.

I hope that you'll join us. You can download the free software here.

Hope to see eveyone on Paltalk!

Edited by user Friday, April 25, 2008 12:18:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bitnet  
#23 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2008 4:11:55 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Hmmm... Ben's real name is Ratzinger...
Offline Yada  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:24:01 PM(UTC)
Yada

Apparently, ring/hand kissing is not exclusive to the RCC. The caption on the photo reads:

Quote:
GREEK ORTHODOX Worshipers kiss the hand of Archbishop Demetrios during the 36th Biennial Clergy-Laity Congress in Los Angeles. See RNS-GREEK-ORTHODOX, transmitted July 5, 2002.
greekorthodox.jpg
Offline bitnet  
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 1:00:10 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Muslims also practice kissing the hands of their elders, even in social circles. In Iran, mullahs even lock lips with young boys...
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 3:52:25 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

did something land on his head? is that a UFO? lol
Offline YAH is my FATHER  
#27 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 4:42:08 PM(UTC)
YAH is my FATHER
Man

Interestingly enough, that thing on the head of the priest, as with the fish head hat of the RC pontiff and his cardinals, is actually a relic of ancient Egypt - around the time of Moses in fact; and it's purpose back then, offers some very enlightening insight into why it is still worn today by this bunch of self adoring religious 'leaders'.

Egypt had a pagan state enforced religious structure, that effectively romanced Pharaoh into the understanding that by reason of his now being the leader of the world, he could expect to be the very next 'god' after his death. So eventually being placed in his pyramid, which was the engine that would soon see him being promoted into the heavens, and finally standing with an eternal life next to the head 'god', who was obviously 'the creator', and who now that work was complete, looked after the sun (the sun god). This sun god was in fact Amen - indeed the very same 'Amen', who now happily sits at the end of every Christian prayer - absorbing that which everyone thinks they are passing on to another CREATOR.

Amen had a most unusual characteristic - that his head did not have a crown, because his brain was so huge that it needed to extend way above the normal skull of the rest of us. Naturally, since Pharaoh was a future 'god', he also (must have) had a larger than normal brain, although not yet as huge as Amen. Therefore to promote this concept, he needed to wear oversized hats, that emphasized and proclaimed his oversized brain, whilst protecting it until his ascension. Naturally, the Amen priesthood; being the exalted and wealthiest section of society, also needed to wear a similar head dressing.

So it is that, even today these oversized hats are all about proclaiming the wearer as not mortal like the rest of us, but rather being a part of the pagan 'god' realm. So the heads of the various religions around the place who still enjoy this kind of show, are all about being more richly endowed with grey matter than the rest of us, and soon to be (if not already) a 'god' to be worshipped by us. And to further expand on this phenomenon, each pontiff also has an ornately bejewelled oversized formal hat, that he almost never wears out in public any more, for it created too many questions that were hard to explain away.

Nonetheless, he still has it - for ceremonial purposes, and more essentially it still today takes pride of place at the very top of every coat of arms of every pope. This hat, I notice has been explored here earlier, is known as the 'papal tiara', or the 'triple crown', and has the royal function of designating the wearer, as being the king; indeed the very 'god' of the three heavens - of;
1. The over-world (heaven)
2. The world
3. The underworld

So therefore, it might do us well to take another look into what it is that mankind actually worships en-mass - in these self exalted 'holy' men, and the form of worship they piously promote with apparent impunity - to all and sundry. For as we can see purely for the looking - theirs is NOT and never has been a monotheistic teaching, and despite the abundance of 'Jesus' depictions it shoves in our face, it truly was never about him at all.

Rather, it was and remains today, a religious adherance to the pagan theology that originally found root in Babylon, but later was concreted into the law of the land in ancient Egypt - as under Pharaoh's requirements to be 'god'. This indeed, was the heart of the 'slavery' of Egypt that we read about in scripture, for it was from this spiritual bondage that Moses called out 'his people' - not the physical variety in the granite quarries that we are led to believe, even though such physical servitude did offer a supportive-roll kind of service to the spiritual corruption at the core.

Unfortunately the people who followed Moses out of the place never actually woke up to the fact that it was the spiritual slavery that was their enemy, and so had to endure 40 years of wandering in the wilderness as a result. But even after this period, when one or two of their children had opened their eyes to the lesson of true freedom, and so they finally entered their 'rest', even so they soon found themselves delighting to be back on the treadmill of ever deepening religious servitude - now by their own choice. As a result, their tree of 'rest' and 'freedom' never actually fruited for them, so they reacted each time they were again dragged off into slavery to other nations, by further increasing the religious burdens upon their own backs, rather than noticing the abundant freedom from religion that was time and again being offered them.

So today, we see those who propose to be the descendents of these people, as the most religious this planet has ever seen, because apparently we still choose to see the entire account as being according a (past) physical bondage - to Pharaoh; rather than the reality - which was (and still is currently) a decidedly spiritual bondage to the - ongoing priesthood of Amen, as depicted here and here.

"So knowledge isn't the main measure, love of Yahweh and of each other are."

Edited by user Monday, July 28, 2008 6:36:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yada  
#28 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 4:15:18 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
July 18, 2008

Pope calls for interfaith peace push
By Paul Virgo

VATICAN CITY -- Pope Benedict XVI on Friday (July 18) called on the world's religions to join forces for peace and disprove those who see religion as a source of conflict.

Watch: Pope meets other religious leaders
Offline YAH is my FATHER  
#29 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 8:07:58 PM(UTC)
YAH is my FATHER
Man

Isn't it interesting to see just how Revelation 13:3 is being fulfilled as we speak - right now, as
Quote:
"I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast"

I'm strongly suspecting that this will not be the end of amazing 'spiritual' and prophetically fulfilling spectacles on offer - even this week.

"So knowledge isn't the main measure, love of Yahweh and of each other is."

Edited by user Sunday, July 20, 2008 6:51:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline YAH is my FATHER  
#30 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 8:29:51 PM(UTC)
YAH is my FATHER
Man

Quote:
It's just incredible to see these events unfolding before our eyes. One thing I'm curious about however is how the "false prophet" of Revelation ties into all of this and when he will actually appear on the scene?

In my humblest of opinions, I believe that this 'false prophet' has been around for nearly 2000 years, and it is by the use of his image/name that the beast of revelation succeeds in his aim of cajoling and beguiling the planet's population into following after the (same) beast. Naturally, I am speaking of 'Jesus' - a man (or man-god) who never actually existed - other than in mythological fantasy. Regardless, he has been an utterly useful tool for the ever expanding continuance of the spiritual bondage we can now witness worldwide - as under the current day Pharaoh/Caesar.

"So knowledge isn't the main measure, love of Yahweh and of each other is.

Edited by user Saturday, July 19, 2008 5:55:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yada  
#31 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 8:56:26 PM(UTC)
Yada

Has anyone been following the "World Youth Day 2008" currently being held in Australia? Eerie stuff.
general_wyd08_images_09_imagelarge.jpg
Offline CK  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:37:05 PM(UTC)
CK

Thought inquiring minds might find the following link interesting. It has a lot of photos of pagan symbols that are rife within the world of the RCC. You may have to copy and paste the following to access, as I don't know how to do the 'here' thing. My apologies. Those in the know, please feel free to make access easier.

www.aloha.net/~mikesch/wheel.htm

Shalom

Edited by user Wednesday, July 23, 2008 12:26:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yada  
#33 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 3:26:49 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
July 25, 2008
New prayers at Mass OK’d by Vatican
By Daniel Burke

The Vatican has approved a new English translation of the Order of Mass, clearing the way for significant changes to the familiar prayers spoken by a generation of American Catholics.

source
Offline Yada  
#34 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2008 1:03:29 PM(UTC)
Yada

This image is displayed on the top page of the Catholic network EWTN. No Sun imagery here:

Quote:
SAINT CLARE, VIRGIN, FOUNDRESS OF THE POOR CLARES 1193-1253
Feast: August 11
The Lady Clare, "shining in name, more shining in life," was born in the town of Assisi about the year 1193...

Read on

Edited by user Friday, August 8, 2008 4:28:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

St_Clare_08.jpg
Offline Yada  
#35 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 3:34:24 AM(UTC)
Yada

I recently sent this to Yada:

Quote:
Hello Yada – my jaw dropped the first time I saw this on EWTN. About 1:10 seconds into the video, you’ll see a monstrance that was given to Mother Angelica by the late Pope. It’s actually shaped like a pyramid with sun rays shooting out of it in all directions. This was shot at the `Shrine` to `Our Lady` that Mother Angelica had built. Check out some of the images on the floor as the procession enters. Do you think she was/is cognizant of what deception she’s put forward or do you think she’s just been duped like so many unsuspecting victims of the RCC?

You can watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/w...yORI&feature=related

If you’re in the mood for a little more Babylonian ritual, you might like to check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLtxFKRYXXg it was shot at the same `shrine. ` The occultist symbols are all over the place. I’m sure this thing went down equally well in ancient Egypt. Yikes.
Offline Yada  
#36 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 6:50:08 PM(UTC)
Yada

Does anyone know why the Pope always wears red shoes?
redshoes_afp_466.jpg
Offline bitnet  
#37 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 9:27:09 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Er, click the heels three times and spin around to reach heaven?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#38 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 10:17:07 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Yada wrote:
Does anyone know why the Pope always wears red shoes?

Snazzy!
Offline Icy  
#39 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 12:29:54 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

So he can make a quick exit. "There's no place like home. There's no place like home."

You beat me to the reference, bit. Before I read any of the posts and I just saw that picture, that was the first thought that popped in my head.
Offline Matthew  
#40 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 12:50:56 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

"Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk!"

Well, the pagans took the milk broth and threw it over the earth to bring prosperity, while the pope takes the blood of the same goat and dips his shoes in it.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#41 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 11:30:25 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Icy wrote:
So he can make a quick exit. "There's no place like home. There's no place like home."

You beat me to the reference, bit. Before I read any of the posts and I just saw that picture, that was the first thought that popped in my head.

genius :D
Offline Yada  
#42 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2009 8:34:13 AM(UTC)
Yada

For those of you who don't know, this coming Sunday the RCC is promoting the 'Divine Mercy Chaplet.' EWTN has been reminding their viewers that they can 'earn' a plenary indulgence if they go to confession. Apparently, there's even a rain check available - if you're traveling on Sunday and can't make it, you've got 8 days to get to a confessional, "come clean," and claim your prize/indulgence.

Can you believe they're still on with the same old shtick? Didn't the Reformation accomplish anything?

I've also attached the image that EWTN has featured on its web site in connection with this 'chaplet.' If I'm not mistaken, this guy also appeared in one of the X-Men movies.
Divine_Mercy_09.jpg
Offline Yada  
#43 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2009 8:42:20 AM(UTC)
Yada

From the Religion News Blog:

Quote:
Friday, April 17, 2009

ISO IHS

Julia Duin over at The Washington Times is hot on the trail of the missing IHS -- an ancient reference to Jesus Christ -- that was supposedly shrouded during President Obama's economics speech at Jesuit-run Georgetown University on Tuesday. Georgetown officials insist there was no deliberate effort to hide the school's Catholic identity; they say it was obscurred at the White House's request to make room for an American flag backdrop.
ihsdecoration_170_01.jpg
Offline Yada  
#44 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2009 1:04:54 PM(UTC)
Yada

I stumbled across this discussion regarding "Eucharistic adoration" on an atheism blog. Here's a small excerpt:

Quote:
Discussion: Can't Believe the Things I Used to Believe...

Friday March 17, 2006
A forum member writes: Last night, I was flipping channels, and happened upon the "Catholic Channel," in which a nun (Mother Angelica) and two priests were discussing the Catholic practice of "adoration."

As a Catholic school student, I was forced to participate in "adoration," whereby you kneel for an extended period (about an hour, IIRC) in front of an altar and in an otherwise empty and silent church, and you "adore" God, who is present as a sanctified wafer in the middle of an elaborate and probably ridiculously expensive gold, sun-shaped vessel known as a "monstrance." Adoration was, without a doubt, the most boring "activity" I've ever had the misfortune of participating in. It was an exercise in sensory deprivation. The adorer is, of course,supposed to keep his or her mind on God, reassuring him about how great he is, I guess.

Well, the TV show last night took calls from viewers, and one person (a seminarian) asked which would be better: To adore in front of the tabernacle (a little closet in which the sanctified host is housed), or in front of the monstrance, where the little white wafer is clearly visible in the middle of the contraption. Well...Mother Angelica's opinion was that adoration in front of the monstrance is preferable, because it is so much better when you can actually "see" God.

See God? Hello??? You're looking at a thin white wafer! How does one see God in this wafer to any greater extent than they can "see" him inside a tabernacle?....And, more importantly, who gives a you know what? But, the panelists and the audience, consisting mostly of senior citizens who didn't seem to realize the absurdity of discussing whether it's better to adore a wafer or a little closet, seemed to view this issue as one of the most serious questions facing humanity today.

But, the comment that made me click away from that channel in abject disbelief was offered by Mother Angelica. According to her, if more people participated in adoration, all of today's problems would be solved. What is that woman's IQ, anyway?

There are a lot of strange, bizarre beliefs and practices in various Christian churches. Adoration may sound odd to outsiders, but surely there are even odder ones. What sorts of strange things did you do or believe when you were still a Christian that you have trouble believing today? Read More...

One message posted to the thread references a book which the person claims, although assigned in the Catholic school she was attending, actually led her out of religion. It is now in the public domain:
The Varieties of Religious Experience
By William James

The direct link to the book is here: http://www.authorama.com...igious-experience-1.html
Offline Yada  
#45 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 5:51:39 PM(UTC)
Yada

From The Religion News Service:

Quote:
Thursday, June 11, 2009

"We are ashamed, humbled and repentant that our people strayed so far from their Christian ideals. "

--The Irish Catholic Bishops Conference, in a statement issued Wednesday (June 10) after bishops met to discuss a damning report on abuse of children in church-run schools.
Offline Heretic Steve  
#46 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2009 7:33:24 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

To digress somewhat to a diff media, I recently saw the flick "The Illuminati". Although not a comedy, I found much of it in the tragi/comic genre. Shades of Rowan Atkinson of "Black Adder" fame kept popping into my head. He's so hilarious.
On a more serious note, the props and religious customs portrayed were interesting as well as somewhat ominous. The plot/storyline was a real stretch but did convey the fanaticism of the "devout" Universalist. The movie also portrayed the Uni heirarchy as very pragmatic and not particularly surprised by anything no matter how diabolical, corrupt, or insidious.
All in all, I can say I've seen worse flicks...
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline Yada  
#47 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 12:29:38 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Monday, April 05, 2010

"The hierarchy, not the faith, is in jeopardy. The pope need not resign. He must do something far more difficult: convert. "

--Special Olympics chairman Timothy Shriver, in a Washington Post op-ed on the Catholic Church's sexual abuse scandal.