logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 6:46:48 AM(UTC)
Yada

As I was reading some of the suggested readings for Passover that Yada gives in YY, I came across this passge:

Quote:
On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Where do you want us to make preparations for you to eat the Passover?"
Matthew 26:16-18

This seems to suggest that the first day of Unleavened Bread occurred before Passover, not after - has anyone stumbled across this and wondered about it?
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:04:29 AM(UTC)
Yada

In preparation for the Miqra, earlier this week, I went back and read the three chapters again dealing with them. I must have flown right past the citation (and explanation) you included. Thanks Swalchy.

I did have a follow-up question about the 7 day period of Unleavened Bread observance - what significance do you think this has? Was/is there an event tied to last day of its observance? I think I remember Ron Wyatt speculating that it probably took 7 days for the Israelites to reach the Red Sea after leaving Egypt, and that the "parting" and crossing of it occurred on the last day.

I'll go back and read the YY chapter devoted to it to see if I can find an answer but I thought I would also post the question here.

Edited by user Saturday, April 19, 2008 6:05:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2008 11:06:24 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

Yes, I would concur with Yada's thought as final deliverance from the Egyptians happened after the "washing out" of the Egyptian prince and his army -- the final removal of sin, so to speak. Things were definitely hectic in that first week after Pesach and there was no time for leavened bread or beer. I am also wrought to think that the 40 years in the wilderness reflects on the time we spent in the wilderness before fully realising Truth on the eve of entering the Promised Land. We've been carrying around so much baggage from Egypt over the past millenia that we sometimes forget to relieve ourselves of the unnecessary burden and focus on the Salvation at hand.

On another note, unless I am mistaken the pillar of fire and cloud of smoke also stopped appearing soon after the Red Sea event and the people became afraid again because His presence was not visible and they were running out of food and water. Having delivered the people from Egypt, Yahweh still cared for His people with manna and water, and made sure that they were not pillaged by the enemies near them for 40 years. We realise now that He is doing the same with His Ekklesia, and we of this age and generation are poised to enter and possess Yahrushalayim according to the Promise. For this we remain humble and most thankful for it is by His Grace that we are redeemed by His Sacrifice.

Blessed Pesach, Firstfruits and Unleaven Bread
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.