logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2008 2:55:36 AM(UTC)
Yada

Did anybody see this today?...the Pope's "Vespers in the Crypt" with Bishops at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C.

Dictionary.com defines "crypt" as:

Quote:
crypt = a subterranean chamber or vault, esp. one beneath the main floor of a church, used as a burial place, a location for secret meetings, etc.

Why in the world would these guys choose such a place to gather? The service was really eerie. If You can watch it here. Be sure to check out the opening - it looks like something right out of the "New World Order." Then once he gets inside, at one point, he actually starts praying to a statue of Mary. The commentator remarked, "he's kneeling before this image..." I just couldn't believe my eyes!

Also, during the service be sure to look at what's on top of the altar, three evenly spaced candles on either side of a ghoulish black crucifix - it struck me as a kind of counterfeit Menorah. The presiding Bishop began the portion dedicated to Benedict's remarks by saying, "We welcome you to Mary Immaculate - this is her house." Wow, and here I was thinking all along that it was God's House. Apparently, I had been living under an illusion.

There were moments of insight, however. At one point, the Pope commenting on our times said, "Any tenedency to treat religion as a private matter must be resisted." Later, he continued with, "This emphasis on individualism has even affected the Church (cf. Spe Salvi, 13-15), giving rise to a form of piety which sometimes emphasizes our private relationship with God at the expense of our calling to be members of a redeemed community. Yet from the beginning, God saw that "it is not good for man to be alone" (Gen 2:18)." If I'm not mistaken, at this point God created a partner for him, not a whole "redeemed community" to be a part of.

He also made a strange reference to the "new evangelization." Hmm...what do you think he has in mind?
"Much remains to be done, particularly on the level of preaching and catechesis in parishes and schools, if the new evangelization is to bear fruit for the renewal of ecclesial life in America."

You can find the complete address to the Bishops here.

The session concluded with a standing ovation as the presiding Bishop presented Pope Benedict with a "birthday present|" of $870,000.00.

As I watch this whole trip unfold, I am reminded of what Yada is oft to write - I'm paraphrasing here but: "It all comes down to a simple question, who do you trust - God or man?"

Edited by user Friday, April 18, 2008 2:01:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Yada attached the following image(s):
pope poster in church.jpg
pope at UN.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2008 10:01:49 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
is he catching the dove or throwing it? lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2008 10:15:12 AM(UTC)
kp

No, the dove represents the Holy Spirit. He's obviously shooing it away.

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2008 12:56:45 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
kp wrote:
No, the dove represents the Holy Spirit. He's obviously shooing it away.

kp

lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kleeb  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2008 7:13:17 PM(UTC)
kleeb

Yada, regarding your comments that there were "moments of insight". I only recently figured this one out. That is why all these "religions" in many ways appear "Godly". Satan knows that his works can't be all bad. They must have enough truth and goodness so that we will say "look at the good they do. Look at the hospitals for the children, etc". He hopes that this is enough to make us look the other way and not see the idolatry and other things which condem mans souls. Know your enemy. Lee
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:36:52 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

On the eve of what is a very important event for true believers, the pope's visit to the USA is significant as it is a direct attempt at revival of the largest Roman Catholic population in the northern hemisphere. Without understanding the real significance of Pesach, with many people thinking that it is only a Jewish celebration of their release from Egyptian captivity, and not realising that it is especially significant and relevant for them in their own faith, the visit of the pope overshadows THE event.

The words spoken in relation to religion as an communal matter and non-private reflects the thoughts of an entity bent on the establishment new world order with religion as the main tool for mind control. It is communism of thought, not of economy or government, but communism nonetheless.

The respect he shows to the local church building and describing it as "her house" and not as the Creator's house is accurate. It cannot be the Creator's house if it is named after an event that honours someone else, and is full of statues that are not consistent with the commandments of the Creator. People have to understand his words with a different perspective.

The new evangelisation probably refers to the basic ecclesiastical communities' efforts of fostering better communal relations among Catholics and non-Catholics using relationship activities and communication tools in print and on the Internet. This approach is one that encompasses the acceptance of all faiths as paths to the Eternal, with special significance on Catholicism as the true religion guided by a leader empowered with divine authority. It does not take a genius to see where this is going in terms of a unified world religion in the new world order.

Those among us reading about his USA visit and who are sane enough to discern Truth from darkness shall have a better grasp of where this "man of peace" shall lead his followers once the bird has truly flown free of the hands of his office.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.