logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Icy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2008 2:53:32 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I pulled this quote from the K-house newsletter:
Quote:
Nations and empires actually do have "life cycles." This has been studied by many historians throughout the years and they all have come to about the same conclusion: a lifetime of about two centuries. And they all seem to go through the same life cycle: "from bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependency; from dependence back again into bondage (Alexander Tyler, 1750).")."

The United States is about two centuries old (we can call it that until it is three centuries), and we are currently at apathy. So, we have dependency coming, which with our current economic troubles could be very soon. Although, with us being dependent on the FED, we might be able to say we are there already. People are dependent on credit on an individual basis as well. So, next is bondage. Seems about right for the timing of the stuff detailed in Future History. I just thought this is one more clue.

Edited by user Thursday, April 10, 2008 7:19:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yada  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2008 5:29:04 AM(UTC)
Yada

Great post Icy - thanks!

Here are a couple of quotes from John Adams that you might find interesting:

Quote:
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce, and agriculture, in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain."
-John Adams

And:

Quote:
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."
-John Adams

Finally:

Quote:
"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress."
-John Adams

Edited by user Thursday, April 10, 2008 5:07:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!