logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RidesWithYah  
#101 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2010 3:34:47 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

I've read some of those arguments, and they're interesting.
Except, think of what He has done with his Feast dates.

Like, Passover and Unleavened Bread when the moon is full.
When the Israelites had light to see by on their escape into the wilderness;
and Yahshua had light to see while praying in the garden...

It's amazing the details He shows up in!
Offline kp  
#102 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 2:49:23 AM(UTC)
kp

I noticed the same thing you did, RWY, and it resonated with me. Here's a quote from TOMII (WMM) chapter 10:

Quote:
Yom Teruah, or the Feast of Trumpets, falls on the first day of Tishri. This makes it unique among the seven miqra’ey, for it falls during a period of lunar darkness, when the moon is reflecting practically none of the sun’s light to earth. (Every lunar month begins and ends this way.) By contrast, the spring miqra’ey all hover around the middle of the month, the brightest part (the full moon), as does the final one, the Feast of Tabernacles. The two remaining days both occur when the moon is “waxing,” i.e., when its reflection is in the process of increasing in brightness. I don’t know how significant that is, but it strikes me that none of this is accidental: Yahweh has planned every detail. He seems to be telling us that the ekklesia will be raptured from the earth during a period of maximum spiritual darkness. The days in which we live certainly seem to be moving in that direction. I mean, how much darker can the world get?

kp
Offline James  
#103 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 3:32:17 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I agree with RWY, the first time the New moon is mentioned, at least if memory serves, is in the context of the Exodus. Yah told them when the first of the month was and to count from their, the purpose being so pesach, matsah, and bikurym would occure during the brightness of a full moon.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline RidesWithYah  
#104 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:54:00 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

A year ago, in Post #57, Ken said...
Quote:

There’s another issue that needs to be addressed. As we saw in Mitzvot #130 and #131 (Leviticus 23:24-25), and again in our present text, the Feast of Trumpets is to be celebrated as a Sabbath. No one’s customary work is to be performed on this day. The bottom-line spiritual principle, of course, is that in the end, we can’t earn or work for what God is proposing to do for us on this day—transform us from frail mortals to incorruptible eternal beings capable of standing in His very presence. Rather, we must accept it as Yahweh’s gift to us, resting in His finished work, if we are to receive it at all. But there is a literal side to this as well. It appears (though it’s by no means certain) that the definitive Yom Teruah should take place in a year in which the first day of Tishri falls on a natural Sabbath. In the next few decades, there are only a handful of such dates left: 2009, 2020, 2023, and 2026 (this last one about two months before the Tribulation is scheduled to begin, if my observations are correct—see Future History for my thoughts on prophetic chronology).

Why am I not certain? The word used to describe the Sabbath-ness of this miqra (in Leviticus 23:24) is sabbaton, meaning “Sabbath observance.” There is a far more commonly used term for Sabbath—Sabbat, but it is never used in scripture to describe the Feast of Trumpets. Both words are based on the verb sabat, meaning to cease, desist, or rest. The –on suffix of sabbaton and other Hebrew nouns indicates their abstract or conceptual nature—the observance of Sabbath rest as opposed to the Sabbath day itself (i.e., Saturday). Sabbaton is used only eleven times in scripture, four times referring to the weekly Sabbath, twice to the Sabbatical year, once to Yom Teruah, twice referring to Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement), and twice to Sukkot (the Feast of Tabernacles). Two things about this list give me pause, so I’ll just lay my cards on the table. First, the word Sabbaton was not used of the Feast of Unleavened Bread in the actual instructions concerning it, though Chag Matzah did fall on a natural Sabbath in the year of its definitive fulfillment, 33 A.D. (It was only described: “You shall do no work.”) It was, however, referred to as the Sabbat in the Feast of Weeks instructions: “Count for yourselves from the day after the Sabbath….” This is the linguistic converse of what we see with Yom Teruah—which is called Sabbaton but not Sabbat.

Second, the Day of Atonement is twice called a Sabbaton, but my research for Future History led me to the firm conviction that the definitive Yom Kippur and the definitive Sukkot will occur in the same year, which, according to the rules of the Torah, means they can’t both fall on natural Sabbaths, because they’re five days apart (see Precept #861). If the Day of Atonement (called a Sabbaton) is a Sabbath observance that will not fall on a natural Sabbath (since the evidence tells me that the Feast of Tabernacles will), could the same thing be true of the Feast of Trumpets? You can see why I’m reluctant to positively predict a Sabbath (Saturday) fulfillment for Yom Teruah.

The bottom line is that for us who are called out of the world by Yahshua (i.e., the ekklesia—the “church”), the transformation of our mortal bodies into immortal, incorruptible, spiritual beings will occur on Yom Teruah, the Feast of Trumpets. All the evidence I’ve seen points toward a fulfillment of this miqra (in an event popularly known as “the rapture”) on the first day of Tishri some year between now and 2026. And whether or not it will fall on a natural Sabbath, no one can achieve what the day portends through his own efforts.

I'm almost convinced it will be 2023.
Check out Revelation 2:10...
"10Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."
So trumpets may be fulfilled at the start of the tribulation, 10 years prior to fulfillment of Atonement.
And 2023 is a natural sabbath -- Saturday, September 16th (starts Friday the 15th).

Offline Matthew  
#105 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:46:01 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
RidesWithYah wrote:
A year ago, in Post #57, Ken said...

I'm almost convinced it will be 2023.
Check out Revelation 2:10...
"10Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."
So trumpets may be fulfilled at the start of the tribulation, 10 years prior to fulfillment of Atonement.
And 2023 is a natural sabbath -- Saturday, September 16th (starts Friday the 15th).

I too like the ten day difference between Trumpets and Atonement, because it could possibly link up with the year 2023, which is 10 years before Atonement's fulfillment.

Here's KP's passage from FH (chapter 4) which included the Church of Smyrna, linking the ten days to ten periods of persecution the Church/Eklessia suffered under Rome:

Quote:
About thirty-five miles up the coast was Smyrna, known today as Izmir. "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, ‘These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life: I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.’" (Revelation 2:8-11)

Smyrna represents the Church under persecution. Funny how a little persecution helps you keep your priorities straight: Yahshua has nothing but commendation and encouragement for these people. But there was nothing "little" about the deprivations these folks suffered. They had been reduced to utter beggary by a policy of systematic harassment, exclusion from the economic life of their community. No trade guild would endorse them; their businesses were boycotted, or worse, were looted and burned by mobs stirred to irrational hatred by the large local Jewish population. How ironic it is that today the only comparison example we can think of to adequately describe the sufferings these Christians endured is the European Jews under Hitler’s domination.
Yahshua was talking to the Church at Smyrna when he offered the following bit of encouragement to his disciples on the Mount of Olives. "But before all these things [i.e., the signs of the end of the age], they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name’s sake. But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony. Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist. You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost. By your patience possess your souls." (Luke 21:12-19) You’d have to be either nuts or God Himself to say, "They’ll kill you, but you’re going to be just fine." Only One who had power over death itself could deliver on such an outlandish claim. Five days later, Yahshua proved He did.

It’s interesting that Yahshua says, "You are rich." He apparently counts money the same way he reckons time, i.e., not like we do. In His economy, our wealth or lack of it is inconsequential, no matter how much, or how little, we have. Our Father owns the entire universe. Do Donald Trump’s children worry about the rising cost of bus fare? Smyrna’s real wealth had nothing to do with money, but was the abundance of God’s Spirit--something they had in spades. It was wealth they could never lose.

He gave Smyrna no reprimand, but He did warn them of "ten days" of tribulation. In the end the early Church suffered precisely that--ten intense periods of persecution under Rome, beginning in the reign of Nero (A.D. 54-68) and lasting through that of Diocletian, 230 years later. Somehow, knowing it’s coming, knowing there’s an end to it, can help us cope with adversity. I think it’s the same reason God has given us so much information about the coming events. It’s called hope.

The church at Smyrna is still going strong. Between Islam and Communism, between secular humanism and the false religions of man, there’s plenty of overt persecution to go around. But in this world, subtle hatred of God and his people is ubiquitous. As Paul said, "All who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived." (II Timothy 3:12-13)

KP also references the Jewish custom "ten days of awe" in chapter 8 of FH.
Offline Smoda  
#106 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 5:47:27 PM(UTC)
Smoda
Woman

I was wondering... Is it inappropriate to celebrate Taruwah before I celebrate the first three Miqra or am I missing the point of simply understanding? I'm a baby in Yahowah's family and have only come to the true Way this summer. I still haven't finished ITG (almost tho and it's like the best food ever! I love dajstill's reference to mother's milk) and still have so many questions. Coming out of babylon is one thing - getting babylon out of me is a fascinating process. Not that I was ever very good at being completely religious lol!!! I always seemed to smell something "fishy" (haha - I was xtian) Has anyone purchased or made a shofar? How do we go about proclaiming and warning? Any input is most appreciated :-)
please be patient with me while I try to figure this out....
Offline James  
#107 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:54:22 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Smoda wrote:
I was wondering... Is it inappropriate to celebrate Taruwah before I celebrate the first three Miqra or am I missing the point of simply understanding? I'm a baby in Yahowah's family and have only come to the true Way this summer. I still haven't finished ITG (almost tho and it's like the best food ever! I love dajstill's reference to mother's milk) and still have so many questions. Coming out of babylon is one thing - getting babylon out of me is a fascinating process. Not that I was ever very good at being completely religious lol!!! I always seemed to smell something "fishy" (haha - I was xtian) Has anyone purchased or made a shofar? How do we go about proclaiming and warning? Any input is most appreciated :-)

I would say no. Just because you came to know Yah in middle of the year doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy the miqra in the fall. You can't benefit from the fall miqra until you have benefited from the spring miqra, but you don't benefit from them by celebrating them you benefit from them by observing them and coming to understand them.

Offline Richard  
#108 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:14:38 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
You've raised a valid question, Smoda. Another comes to my mind, as well. Assume an individual named Seeker. Seeker studies and researches, finally coming to a reasoned conclusion that Yahowah is indeed the Almighty and that the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms are His written communique to mankind, and he cheerfully and willingly embraces Yahowah and His Word. This happens in August, after the Spring and Summer Feasts, but before the Fall Feasts. Later that month Seeker dies for some reason or another. Did Seeker's soul cease to exist when his body died since he never took part in Pesach and Matzah and never presented himself on Kippurym?
Offline needhelp  
#109 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 1:28:42 AM(UTC)
needhelp

Thankx Smoda, Flintface. I have been wondering if I was the
only one to wonder these kind of questions. I have a few more.
Offline James  
#110 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:50:42 AM(UTC)
James
Man

flintface wrote:
You've raised a valid question, Smoda. Another comes to my mind, as well. Assume an individual named Seeker. Seeker studies and researches, finally coming to a reasoned conclusion that Yahowah is indeed the Almighty and that the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms are His written communique to mankind, and he cheerfully and willingly embraces Yahowah and His Word. This happens in August, after the Spring and Summer Feasts, but before the Fall Feasts. Later that month Seeker dies for some reason or another. Did Seeker's soul cease to exist when his body died since he never took part in Pesach and Matzah and never presented himself on Kippurym?

I would say not at all. Like I said in my previous post, you don't have to perform the miqra to observe them, and the benefit comes from observing them, coming to know and understand them. If a man is seeking to know Yah, but dies before being able to celebrate the miqra his relationship with Yah is not changed in the slightest.

Offline needhelp  
#111 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:59:56 AM(UTC)
needhelp

If he were to die before being circumcised he would not be
accepted. Why would missing the first couple or Miqra be
different? Where would one find the answers in the Torah?
They tell us to search for ourselves, but how can one find a
truthful answer in a script that has not been CORRECTLY
translated or amplified? Apparently no one has read some of
my translations. Lucky for y'all. I would surely wind up in Sheol.
Offline JamesH  
#112 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:16:10 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I hate to start with I think, because it does not mater what I think only what YHWH thinks maters, but I'm human so here goes .            
Once we agree to inter into a relationship with YHWH through his covenant and keep, do, serve, and observe. He keeps his part and kneels down to us as our King and father.    So our learning begins.
Offline James  
#113 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:51:49 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I don't know that you will find definitive scriptural examples for such extremely unlikely hypothetical. We have to use our common sense. In the extremely unlikely hypothetical of someone one coming to know Yah, and dying in the few months between the spring/summer and fall miqra, what reason would there be for Yah not to welcome them home? In the extremely unlikely hypothetical of someone coming to know Yah, realizing they need to be circumcised and dying before they are able to, what reason is there for Yah not to welcome them home? It's all about coming to know Him.

Offline dajstill  
#114 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:03:13 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I think it is always important to be reminded that we are in a relationship, not a religion.

So ask yourself, if you were in the process of adopting a child and they died before the official "paperwork" was done, did they die your child? If you died before the official paperwork was done, were you their parent? Yes to both of those questions. If we can do the paperwork and make it "official", that works for everyone; it is the ideal outcome of the situation and what we all strive for. However, if someone can't make it to the table due to an unforeseen death and because of that death the paperwork wasn't complete it doesn't mean the relationship was any less established. That is not the same thing as deciding to "buck" the "official" process altogether. You were trying to get there, trying to do it right.
Offline FredSnell  
#115 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:51:52 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I know Yah serves me. He's shown me things almost as soon as I asked for help. But I really look into what He says in the matter if I can understand what I'm looking for. Like a kid to Him, you'll never quite get what your seeking an answer to at times, you just know your mind is not settled on a matter, and when that answer does come to you, sometimes it feels like it was from left field, and through Him I get what it was He wanted me to understand. Big part of the fun is not asking help though. Searching and finding for yourself what He's put into His Word and you stumbling upon it, or deligently researching the best one is able to. It reminds me of, hide and seek. Find what I'm showing, you, Fred, you'll love it.
back to work,,too busy for a normal person.
Offline James  
#116 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:02:35 AM(UTC)
James
Man

dajstill wrote:
I think it is always important to be reminded that we are in a relationship, not a religion.

So ask yourself, if you were in the process of adopting a child and they died before the official "paperwork" was done, did they die your child? If you died before the official paperwork was done, were you their parent? Yes to both of those questions. If we can do the paperwork and make it "official", that works for everyone; it is the ideal outcome of the situation and what we all strive for. However, if someone can't make it to the table due to an unforeseen death and because of that death the paperwork wasn't complete it doesn't mean the relationship was any less established. That is not the same thing as deciding to "buck" the "official" process altogether. You were trying to get there, trying to do it right.

Great analogy dajstill.

Offline Richard  
#117 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:07:52 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
James wrote:
I don't know that you will find definitive scriptural examples for such extremely unlikely hypothetical. We have to use our common sense. In the extremely unlikely hypothetical of someone one coming to know Yah, and dying in the few months between the spring/summer and fall miqra, what reason would there be for Yah not to welcome them home? In the extremely unlikely hypothetical of someone coming to know Yah, realizing they need to be circumcised and dying before they are able to, what reason is there for Yah not to welcome them home? It's all about coming to know Him.

That makes much sense, James. As always, it isn't about "obeying" or "doing it 100% right", it's about getting to know and be known by Yahowah.
Offline JamesH  
#118 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:45:55 AM(UTC)
JamesH

It is about obeying YHWH,s covenant agreement and working to get it right!          (keep my commandments).                                 Question, What did the children of Israel do wrong? 
Offline James  
#119 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:22:45 PM(UTC)
James
Man

JamesH wrote:
Question, What did the children of Israel do wrong? 

Hosea4:6 wrote:
My people (‘am) are destroyed and will perish (damah – they have ceased to be effective and are cut off, they are in a ruinous state, separated and no longer engaged in the mission and will be wiped out, ceasing to exist) as a result of a lack of knowledge and corrupted information (bely da’at – ignorance and a failure to understand, a dearth of wisdom and a deficiency in awareness). Indeed because you have rejected and avoided (ma’as – have limited your association with, despised, spurned, refused, disdained, and been adverse to, even scorned and loathed) understanding (da’at – knowledge, the acquisition of information with a focus on the application of discernment and judgment), I will also reject and avoid (ma’as – shun an association with, spurn, disdain, and be adverse to) you, so you shall be separated from serving as My ministers. And since you have ignored and forgotten (kasach – have overlooked and are not mindful of the significance of, have responded inappropriately to and ceased to care about) Almighty God’s Towrah (towrah – prescriptions for living, law, instructions, information, and written code of conduct), I will ignore, cease to care about, and forget (kasach – become oblivious to) your children also.

Israel's crime was not that they had not kept or obeyed the Towrah, but that they had rejected it, ignored and forgotten it, responded inappropriately to it.

Someone who is seeking to know Yah, but dies before they can celebrate the miqra, or get circumcised is not guilty of this at all.

Offline JamesH  
#120 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 6:09:50 AM(UTC)
JamesH

James wrote:
Israel's crime was not that they had not kept or obeyed the Towrah, but that they had rejected it, ignored and forgotten it, responded inappropriately to it.

Hi James
I would say that (they had not kept or obeyed the Towrah) is the same as (rejected it, ignored and forgotten it, responded inappropriately to it.)

Daniel 7:27
27 ‘Then the sovereignty, the dominion and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him.’

Deut 11: 26, 27, and 28

26 “See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse:
27 the blessing, if you Obey the commandments of YHWH your God, which I am commanding you today;
28 and the curse, if you do not Obey the commandments of YHWH your God, but turn aside from the way which I am commanding you today, by following other gods which you have not known.

Deut 28:15
15 “But it shall come about, if you do not obey YHWH your God, to observe to do all His commandments and His statutes with which I charge you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you:

Question how many people did YHWH kill for not obeying?
Offline FredSnell  
#121 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 6:43:09 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
James wrote, "Israel's crime was not that they had not kept or obeyed the Towrah, but that they had rejected it, ignored and forgotten it, responded inappropriately to it."

JamesH asked, "Question how many people did YHWH kill for not obeying?"

The gift of life is like yada explained. It's Yahs to give, and remove. Its like his metaphor yada used, "just b/c you didn't get that dollar today that you received for yrs that I gave freely before, to you (anyone), doesn't mean it wasn't a gift before, and my right to stop giving it, has no bearing on it what so ever. So to me if Yah removes your life, he never killed you, He just stop giving His gift.
Offline dajstill  
#122 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 7:43:43 AM(UTC)
dajstill

I think the answer is zero. How many people got themselves killed? Plenty. Yah is not in the killing business. But your protection runs out pretty fast when you don't follow advice. It was never simply disobedience that got people in trouble. It was when they chose to also become a stumbling block or a danger to others when death came in to play.
Another thing is people could have always chosen to leave Yah home and live somewhere else not under His covenant or protection. It's when you try to get the benefits of the covenant and yet despise Him and His Torah when problems arise.
If you don't want to partake just leave. If you want to partake and you mess up and come back and try again Yah is patient. He has zero patience for those who try to play Him for a fool by trying to live as a stowaway then go as far as mutiny.
I can't find one instance where Yah tracked someone down outside of His land simply to kill them for disobedience. It seems to be the exclusive domain of those who wanted the benefits without the relationship. I think that is why Yah often used the term harlot.
Offline JamesH  
#123 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 8:55:45 AM(UTC)
JamesH

dajstill wrote:
It was never simply disobedience that got people in trouble. It was when they chose to also become a stumbling block or a danger to others when death came in to play.

Their is only (Obey or Disobey ) in the Hebrew language. Their are not levels of simple or extreme  connected to obey or disobey.
Offline James  
#124 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 4:02:11 PM(UTC)
James
Man

JamesH wrote:
Daniel 7:27
27 ‘Then the sovereignty, the dominion and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him.’

The folly of English translations:

Serve here is the Hebrew pelah, which means pay reverence to.

Obey here is the Hebrew shama, which means hear.

So there is not obey in this verse.

The same is true for the Deuteronomy verse you cite. It is hear and understand. Translators often translate it as obey, but that is not its primary meaning, and does not fit the context at all. It’s the same as translating shamar as keep when it most accurately means observe. They translate shama mitswah as obey commandments, but it much more accurately would be hear and understand the terms and conditions. We are blessed when we listen and understand, and we curse ourselves when we do not listen or understand.

There is actually no word, at least that I know of, in Hebrew which has as its primary connotation obey.

Offline JamesH  
#125 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 4:21:26 AM(UTC)
JamesH

James wrote:
but it much more accurately would be hear and understand the terms and conditions.

There is actually no word, at least that I know of, in Hebrew which has as its primary connotation obey.

Tks James.        

So is it ok for a person that is not circumcised to participate in the feast of Passover as long as they hear and understand about circumcision ?

Is not Obey implied in the word observe as in Deut 28:15 ( observe to do all His commandments)

abad ( do, work, serve)
Offline dajstill  
#126 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 4:48:47 AM(UTC)
dajstill

James wrote:
The folly of English translations:

Serve here is the Hebrew pelah, which means pay reverence to.

Obey here is the Hebrew shama, which means hear.

So there is not obey in this verse.

The same is true for the Deuteronomy verse you cite. It is hear and understand. Translators often translate it as obey, but that is not its primary meaning, and does not fit the context at all. It’s the same as translating shamar as keep when it most accurately means observe. They translate shama mitswah as obey commandments, but it much more accurately would be hear and understand the terms and conditions. We are blessed when we listen and understand, and we curse ourselves when we do not listen or understand.

This makes so much sense to me because it takes the covenant relationship out of the do/don't category and again focuses on relationship. It is about us learning, knowing, and understanding Yahowah and His ways. When the covenant is renewed, it won't be about us "obeying" anyway, it will be our nature. Right now, we don't have His nature. The best we can do is seek to learn, observe, and understand. Yes, we should strive the live in the way our loving Father counseled us to live in, that is a given. But the concept that He is sitting there keeping score and trying to figure out when He can strike us dead is completely the domain of religion - keeping people in bondage based on fear.

Yahowah is offering us a gift and we can either accept the gift or not accept the gift. Of the things He ask, the only one that can be considered the least bit hard is circumcising our sons. However, my husband has no ill feelings about being circumcised and he is thankful his parents did it. Our sons have not at all asked why they were circumcised as babies, so even that can't be considered a "hard" thing for too long.

When it comes to the towrah, while I am still very much in the learning phase and muddling my way through translations, I have yet to encounter anything that is "hard". Yes, some of it is against my nature (for instance, I really feel if you are stupid enough to walk off the roof of my house you get what you get, so doing things to ensure the safety of my guest is a bit past my natural tendencies), but they aren't in and of themselves "hard" and I see how doing these things provide a much better community for living with everyone.

The truth of the matter is right now, today, there is no way of perfectly "performing" the Miqra. That let's me know more that it isn't about performing them, but understanding them. Figuring out what Yahowah was trying to get me to understand in 2012. As I and my family get ready for Trumpets, we aren't going to be at the table because we "have" to be, we aren't doing anything because we are "commanded" to be, we are doing it because we want to be there. We want to be there because this is a date Yahowah has kept with all of His children since at least the time of Moseh. Why would I not want to partake in this "Daddy/daughter date night" with my Father? Why would I need to be prodded? It isn't about doing it "right", it isn't about doing it exactly the way Moseh did it, it's about "me" desiring to not miss out on a special occasion with my Dad. A special event in which is is either 1)reminding me of what He has already done to ensure my access to His covenant relationship or 2) letting me know He will be faithful to complete His promise.

He isn't trying to punish, kill, or harm His children. He isn't concerned about those that aren't His children. This is a relationship in which both parties have chosen to pursue it with everything. My everything is so inferior to His everything it is laughable. But, He appreciates my "everything" just the same. Really, think about yourself as a father or mother. Have your children ever cooked you breakfast? Have they ever drawn you a picture? Have they ever brought you a gift? As terrible as all those things might be to a stranger viewing them, how inferior they may be in the scope of a culinary chef, a true artist rendering, or a gift from a lottery winner - you cherish them more than anything from any professional because 1) they came from your child! 2) you know it was the best they could do, in spite of the failure, and 3) they did it because they wanted to; they tried because they were trying to show you have much they loved you. Everything you give your children is a million times more valuable than ANYTHING they can give you: shelter, food, comfort, love, protection. You aren't expecting perfection, you know they are incapable of that. What you are expecting is growth, increased understanding with every year of age, and a consistent trying. Let us consider what Yahowah called Himself - our Father! What is the role of the Ruach Qodesh - our Spiritual Mother. That is why is say to us LISTEN TO, HEAR, ATTEND TO WHAT YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER! This is what makes things well for you, this is what allows you to lengthen your days - this is what gets you access to camp out with Yahowah for eternity. Not your own perfection, not doing it "just right", not obeying out of fear that some brutal tyrant of a God will punish you with a horrible death if you don't eat just the right lamb or have just the right bitter herbs or blow the shofar just perfectly.

The question is, why would you want to spend eternity with a tyrant? Why would you want to camp out with a brute? Where is the freewill and free nature if every time you "mess up" Yahowah kills you?

Offline JamesH  
#127 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:16:31 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Hi djstill,
I’m not saying YHWH is a tyrant waiting to strike us dead. YHWH is our King, Savior and Merciful Loving Father.

YHWH gave us his Towrah (towrah – prescriptions for living, law, instructions, information, and written code of conduct) (note code of conduct)

YHWH “said” his word is life and death. Deut 30:11-20
11 “For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach.
12 “It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’
13“Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’
14 “But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it. 15 “See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity;
16 in that I command you today to love the YHWH your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the YHWH your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it.
17 “But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but are drawn away and worship other gods and serve them,
18 I declare to you today that you shall surely perish. You will not prolong your days in the land where you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess it.
19 “I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,
20 by loving the YHWH your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days, that you may live in the land which the YHWH swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

Deut 30:15
15 “See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity;

Deut 30: 19

19 “I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,
Offline lassie1865  
#128 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:32:09 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Just a comment--

You can't possibly "command love" -- that is an oxymoron (Deut 30:16)
Any "commandments" or "laws" negate freewill. It proves how murky the translations are.

We can, however, "choose" life or death. God asks us "to please choose life"

Offline JamesH  
#129 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 4:13:21 AM(UTC)
JamesH

lassie1865 wrote:
Just a comment--

Any "commandments" or "laws" negate freewill. It proves how murky the translations are.

Hi lassie1865

The word command seems to be correct although their are better English words to use.

Strong,s #6680       Tsavah, tsaw-vaw'; a prim. root; (intens.)      to constitute, enjoin; - command

Look up the English definition of (enjoin)
Offline lassie1865  
#130 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:15:58 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

I understand that most dictionaries will use the word "command" as the English translation, but it sure makes the sentence an oxymoron - you simply cannot "command" love. Ancient Hebrew.org says:

"The word 'command,' as well as 'commandment,' is used to translate the Hebrew word 'mits'wah' but does not properly convey the meaning of mits'wah. The word command implies words of force or power as a General commands his troops. The word mits'wah is better understood as a directive. To see the picture painted by this word it is helpful to look at a related word, tsiyon meaning a desert or a landmark. The Ancient Hebrews were a nomadic people who traveled the deserts in search of green pastures for their flocks. A nomad uses the various rivers, mountains, rock outcroppings, etc as landmarks to give them their direction. The verb form of mits'wah is 'tsawah' meaning to direct one on a journey. The mits'wah of the Scriptures are not commands, or rules and regulations, they are directives or landmarks that we look for to guide us. The word tsiyon meaning landmark is also the word translated as Zion, the mountain of God but, not just a mountain, it is the landmark."

ITG: Mitwah: “the terms and conditions of the binding contract.” And second to that: “the authorized directions and written precepts.” This then explains what is in the Towrah, and affirms that it was written to “yarah — be a source of teaching and instruction, direction and guidance” for us so that we might understand the terms and conditions of the Covenant—Yahowah’s mutually binding relationship agreement."
Offline JamesH  
#131 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 10:13:27 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Before we get to far down the road can anyone answer the question in the previous post #128?

So is it ok for a person that is not circumcised to participate in the feast of Passover as long as they hear and understand about circumcision?
Offline GldChow  
#132 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 11:43:14 AM(UTC)
GldChow

Shalon, just wanted to check in and Miqra' TRUMPETS to all.

. . . jest me 'n Dog.
Offline knowing1  
#133 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 2:27:43 AM(UTC)
knowing1

RE #128:

It is about interpretation, perception, context and translation. Hebrew is the key as there is in depth meaning in each of the letters, words and sentences. Yes, we do not know what the "original" words were exactly, but we do have the ability to reason. We must use the gifts that Yah has given us to come to understanding the true nature of what He accomplished and will accomplish. In this context we can fully understand the Word for what it was, is and it will be.

All I can say is that it is an extraordinary self revelation when one comes into knowing. This leads to wanting to know much more resulting in digging deeper and deeper. The information that Yah has given us is perfectly rational once you come to understand it's contextual meaning.

May Yah continue to bless all those who know Him!

Knowing1

Offline James  
#134 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 3:35:49 AM(UTC)
James
Man

JamesH wrote:
So is it ok for a person that is not circumcised to participate in the feast of Passover as long as they hear and understand about circumcision ?

If one hears and understands what Yah said about circumcision, they would know and understand that they need to be circumcised in order to benefit from Passover. So if they do not understand that they need to be circumcised then they have not heard and/or understood Yahowah, and therefore participating in Passover would be meaningless as they could not possibly benefit from it.

In the extreme hypothetical if someone were to come to know Yahowah, and there was not enough time to get circumcised before Passover, there would be no reason for them no to celebrate it, as long as they knew that they need to be in order to benefit from it.

Celebrating Passover is not what creates a relationship with Yah, Jews the world over celebrate Passover, and don’t know Yah from a hole in the ground. Benefiting from Passover is what is important.

JamesH wrote:
Is not Obey implied in the word observe as in Deut 28:15 ( observe to do all His commandments)

Obey is not implied as much as heed is implied. While both imply following and doing, heed is a much better fit because it comes from a point of understanding whereas obey requires no understanding. If I hear and understand Yah’s instructions I will heed them because I understand their value. Obey is in the realm of religion where understanding is not necessary only obedience.

The Deut. Verse reads And if you do not hear and understand the voice of Yahowah your God by observing and asah all of his mitswah and chuwqah which I instructed and directed you this day you will bring upon yourselves all of these curses and they will overtake you.

In context the verse is a warning about the consequences of ignoring Yahowah’s instructions. So let’s look at the words I didn’t translate.

Asah is most always translated as do, most accurately means to prepare and produce. It also carries the derivative meaning of to gain, benefit and profit from. The idea being that asah was for your benefit. What we do is for our benefit, unless you are a slave. The same is true for heeding Yahowah’s instructions, it is for our benefit.

Mitswah often translated as commands, are more accurately terms and conditions of a binding agreement. There are 5 of these as it relates to Yah’s covenant, and we heed these instructions for our benefit, and failure to heed them has consequences as the verse goes on to point out.
Chuwqah is clearly communicated and prescribed instructions. Again something to be understood and heeded for our benefit.

dajstill wrote:
It is about us learning, knowing, and understanding Yahowah and His ways. When the covenant is renewed, it won't be about us "obeying" anyway, it will be our nature. Right now, we don't have His nature. The best we can do is seek to learn, observe, and understand. Yes, we should strive the live in the way our loving Father counseled us to live in, that is a given.

My thoughts exactly.

lassie1865 wrote:

The word used is sawah, which can mean command, but more accurately means guidance, instruction, teaching and direction.

Also the Hebrew la while it can and often does mean to, in this context I would say on behalf of is a much better translation, making it read What I instruct you this day on behalf of loving Yahowah your God is to walk in His ways by observing His terms and conditions and His prescribed ordinances, and His means used to achieve justice…

Just my two senesce on the translation of la, instructing us to love God would not be inappropriate either, but to me instructions on how to love God seems more likely.

Offline JamesH  
#135 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 6:23:56 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Thanks James very good reply and thanks for the time you put into the forum .

Here comes the but. I still think obey is a valid translation.

Look up the English definition of OBEY it fits perfectly with the Hebrew definition of     Shamar Ashaw ( listen and do)

I guess I wasn't clear when I first posted with the word obey, "that I wasn't using it in a religious or military form."

With circumcision and all of YHWH 's Towrah we can't "just observe " or "just do"

We have to Shamar Ashaw ( OBEY )

Just for thought " why would anyone not want to obey our father YHWH "
Offline James  
#136 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 10:37:52 AM(UTC)
James
Man

While the dictionary definition of obey could be argued as being implied, because of the connotations that the obey carries in the English it is among the worst words to possibly use, and considering there are much better words to use words which much more accurately convey the intended meaning of the original word in English, I would never use obey in my translation. As I pointed out heed is a 100 better word to use.

The idea of a translation it to as accurately as possible convey the meaning of the words in a new language, and in that regard obey does not do a good job.

Yes we should follow Yah's instructions, no one is arguing that we shouldn't. The point of the original discussion was about those who are unable to, i.e. unable to celebrate Passover during their lifetime because they came to know Yah after it and died before the next one, or someone who comes to know Yah and dies before being circumcised. It is not that they didn't wan't to follow Yah's instructions, it's that they were incapable of doing it.

Ya'aqob, corrupted to James, articulates very well how are actions are important, but only if they follow our understanding.

Offline knowing1  
#137 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 11:42:04 AM(UTC)
knowing1

Regarding circumcision:
All of us who are continually striving to coming into knowing the true meaning of Yah's Word, realize that it so much more critical to KNOW why you are to do or not do something. True, most parents who circumcise their young boys, have not a clue as to why they are doing what they are doing. This is actually a bad thing. I as a former "follower" of the Jewish "faith" have experienced this throughout the years. I have since come to the understanding that it is completely logical that having the "ritual" circumcision only enables the boy to eventually take part in what Yah has to offer when he is mature enough to understand. Long ago, when a boy was circumcised, it was understood to be sign of the covenant agreement, but eventually became all that one had to do. The creation of the false religions of rabbinic judaism and christianity not only corrupted Yah's Word for their selfish purposes, but further divided the people so that the true meaning of Yah's purpose was completely covered over. All of the jewish people that I have spoken with actually admit that they haven't a clue as to why these things are done. They become mere rituals to them, which have absolutely no meaning to Yah. Hence, they can not be part of Yah's family.

So, if given a choice between knowing the reasoning as to why something is done, and just doing it for the sake of doing it, I would bet the farm that it is more important to Yah to "know" rather than "do". "Doing" just traps us into rituals, traditions and religion. We must walk away from this way of thinking.

Performing Yah's instruction when one know's the reason why that instruction is to be performed is key to Yah's Word.

Offline Mike  
#138 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:04:42 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Happy Yom Taruwah to all! I saw the new moon sliver last night even though it was partly / mostly cloudy in the west. The clouds opened for a minute and bam there it was plain as can be. I felt like Yah showed it to me so that I knew that it was Taruwah. I blew my shofar that I recently purchased. I am not very good at blowing the shofar but I tried. I play drums not trumpet so I don't have the embouchure thing down.

On August 21, 2012, I went to a Judaica  store to buy a shofar.  I asked the guy (whose name was Shaul by the way, thought that was funny) if they had any books about ancient or paleo Hebrew.  He said no they didn’t have much use or demand for that.  Then he asked me why I wanted that, and I said that ancient/paleo Hebrew was the language of revelation to Moshe.  Then he said hmm that isn’t what our tradition teaches.  I am not very good at confrontation and I wanted my shofar so I didn’t explain more.  Then I was looking at some of the books and we talked again about the pictographs like ab is a rams head + house/home/tent meaning the strength of the home.  I didn’t tell him what Yahowah meant in paleo Hebrew because I still wanted the shofar.  Then I told him that some of the Qumran scrolls were written in paleo-Hebrew.  He said that he wasn’t aware of that but there wasn’t anything that we (maybe he) could learn from them (Qumran scrolls).   Hmm these guys don’t get it.  Then I bought my shofar and left.

Shalom
Offline lassie1865  
#139 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:29:58 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Amazing.
Offline RobWells  
#140 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 10:56:14 AM(UTC)
RobWells

Does anyone have the 2013 dates already? Want to plan my days off for the coming year? Thank You
Offline Mike  
#141 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 12:28:17 PM(UTC)
Mike

RobWells,

Dates depend on whether you use the astronomical or observational method. You can get a close idea (within 1 to 3 days) from the charts that Yow’el did a few years ago. Goto this link

http://yadayahweh.com/Ya...to_Meet_God_Miqraey.YHWH

Scroll down to 2013.

I personally use the observational method and look for the new moon sliver in the west at sunset. If it is cloudy then I goto http://www.truthofyahweh.org/moon.htm

And see if other people have spotted the new moon sliver. Then count the days to Pesach, Matsah, etc.

That won’t help you if you are trying to schedule vacation for next year though, so look at the chart and know that the earliest date is the astronomical and the latest date is the observational.

Shalom
Offline Sarah  
#142 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 5:52:32 AM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have question about the timing of Sukkah.
I was all ready to celebrate Taruwah on Sept 7th, Reconciliations on the 16th, and Sukkah on the 21st, but what about this:

"Exo 23:16 Also the Feast of Harvest, the first fruits of your labor, of what you sow in the field. Also the Feast of Ingathering, after the going out of the year, at your gathering your work from the field."

It would take 3 to 4 weeks to gather in the harvest after the fruits are ready that clearly show a later, not an earlier feast. Also, the Scripture also shows the feast cannot start until after the 'going out of the year' or the autumn equinox. The Sukkot will start September 19 - 21st, a day or so before the equinox and 'the turning of the year,' and there will be no harvest for their feast as the harvest fruits are not ready yet..

Is this translated correctly? What exactly does 'going out of the year' mean? Autumnal Equinox, I assume? What if the grain/crops are not ready to harvest yet?

Offline James  
#143 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 7:59:49 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Sarah wrote:
I have question about the timing of Sukkah.
I was all ready to celebrate Taruwah on Sept 7th, Reconciliations on the 16th, and Sukkah on the 21st, but what about this:

"Exo 23:16 Also the Feast of Harvest, the first fruits of your labor, of what you sow in the field. Also the Feast of Ingathering, after the going out of the year, at your gathering your work from the field."

It would take 3 to 4 weeks to gather in the harvest after the fruits are ready that clearly show a later, not an earlier feast. Also, the Scripture also shows the feast cannot start until after the 'going out of the year' or the autumn equinox. The Sukkot will start September 19 - 21st, a day or so before the equinox and 'the turning of the year,' and there will be no harvest for their feast as the harvest fruits are not ready yet..

Is this translated correctly? What exactly does 'going out of the year' mean? Autumnal Equinox, I assume? What if the grain/crops are not ready to harvest yet?

I don't have access to logos right now so I can't look up the translation, but I will say that the timing of Taruwah is given as the first of the 7th month, and according to Lev 23:33 Sukah is the 15th of the 7th. If Pesach takes place during the first month then determining the 7th month is easy and determining the 15th of the 7th is easy.

in my experience if there are two things in scripture that differ and one is clear and one requires drawing an inference then the direct one is usually right and the either the inference is wrong or the translation the inference is being draw from is wrong.

Offline Sarah  
#144 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:57:01 PM(UTC)
Sarah

By implication, we would have to begin Abib at the first New Moon on or after the Spring Equinox. That way the barley would be abib, and there should be plenty of it; you wouldn't have to be searching so hard to find some. Then Sukah would also fall about a month later . . .

Just my thoughts today.

Blessed Shabat
Offline Sarah  
#145 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 5:18:53 AM(UTC)
Sarah

How can we have Sukkah on Sept 21 when the harvest is only beginning to ripen? It seems we have started the year a month too early?

Offline Mike  
#146 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:16:57 AM(UTC)
Mike

Sarah,

I was thinking about your posts. Maybe the point of the word picture that Yahowah is presenting here is that the whole field isn’t ripe or that the whole field isn’t abib, only a few ears are ripe or a few ears are abib.

If we equate the Earth with the “whole field” then out of the “whole field” of 7 billion humans on the planet today, how many know Yahowah? Not very many; so the “whole field” isn’t ripe (with Yahowah’s children). In fact the “whole field” isn’t even abib (receptive to Yahowah’s Word and thus still growing).

Maybe the point of this is that we have to look hard to find the abib ears or the ripe ears. If you were placed into a big city you would have to look hard to find someone that was receptive to Yah’s word or who was actually Yah’s child.

BTW, I am celebrating Yom Kippurim today since I didn’t see the new moon sliver until September 7, 2013 at sun down. I use the observational method. So happy Yowm Kippurym everyone.

Shalom
Offline Sarah  
#147 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:16:32 AM(UTC)
Sarah

Mike,

Good points.

But think: No one would leave ripe fruit or grain in the field and take off to celebrate Sukkot for a week; they would make sure all the crop was harvested and gathered in. I was just thinking that Sept 21 is a bit early for everything to be harvested and gathered. I sent an email to Karaite Korner to ask what crops are currently in the field and if those crops are ripe enough to be harvested by Sept 21.
Unsure
Offline Mike  
#148 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:02:41 PM(UTC)
Mike

Sarah,

I know what you are saying. It would be hard to celebrate if there was a lot of hard work waiting to be done. But don’t you think that the Sukkahs would be set up in the fields? That way you could celebrate and guard your valuable crop at the same time. I know Southerners here would set up tents in the watermelon fields to guard against thieves (both human and animal). I know that in my own garden the critters know when the fruit is ripe before I do because they have more time on their hands.

Anyway, did you hear back from Karaite Korner? Here are links to some news articles:

This article says that the grapes were harvested on Monday September 8, 2008 at one winery in Israel.

http://abcnews.go.com/Tr...ry?id=5768392&page=1

Harvesting World Class Grapes in Israel
JERUSALEM, Sept. 10, 2008
By RACHEL LEBOWITZ
Eli Gilbert Ben-Zaken, the founder of Domaine du Castel, one of the world's most prominent wineries, had a gut feeling that Monday was the perfect time to harvest his grapes...

http://www.jpost.com/Art...e/Wine-Talk-Harvest-time

Succot is the traditional time for celebrating the wine-grape harvest, which is also the best time to visit some of the picturesque wineries around the country…

This article says that olives are harvested during October:

http://www.haaretz.com/t...at-harvest-time-1.255951

Follow the olive oil trail at harvest time
The olive harvest began all over Israel this month - a good time to visit some of the country's best producers of olive oil and see how the presses work.
By Ronit Vered | Oct. 23, 2008 | 12:00 AM

Shalom
Offline Shema  
#149 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:31:44 AM(UTC)
Shema

In regards to the phrase "after the going out of the year", it sounds like the translator is simply trying to say "at the end of the year". It is a clunky translation. Sometimes the words can get in the way of understanding and it is hard to get around that.

I saw the pesach chodesh (passover moon) myself and it is unique. It marks the first chodesh (moon) for each year. YHVH told Moshe that this chodesh marked the beginning of the year. And now it is the 7th chodesh. So, no, we are not off by a chodesh.

I and my household gave up the pagan calendar years ago when we came out of religion. We live by YHVH's time which we can observe with our eyes and man cannot change. Occasionally, we need to know what the pagan day it is, but we keep that to a minimum. Living according to YHVH torah and the world at the same time is a problem and can be confusing and blinding. Atleast, it has been a problem for me.

Shema
Offline Bubsy  
#150 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:33:56 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
flintface wrote:

Purely wild-assed speculation here, but maybe if Yahowah detects that Seeker understands, accepts, and embraces his Word, perhaps he provides protection for Seeker's mortal life through the next cycle of miqra'ey, so that he has a fair chance to observe them all?

Quote:
If one hears and understands what Yah said about circumcision, they would know and understand that they need to be circumcised in order to benefit from Passover. So if they do not understand that they need to be circumcised then they have not heard and/or understood Yahowah, and therefore participating in Passover would be meaningless as they could not possibly benefit from it.

In the extreme hypothetical if someone were to come to know Yahowah, and there was not enough time to get circumcised before Passover, there would be no reason for them not to celebrate it, as long as they knew that they need to be in order to benefit from it.

Celebrating Passover is not what creates a relationship with Yah, Jews the world over celebrate Passover, and don’t know Yah from a hole in the ground. Benefiting from Passover is what is important.

I guess I'll find out at this year's Feast of Weeks if observing Passover, Unyeasted Bread, and Firstfruits before becoming circumcised, and then becoming circumcised post-facto works or not (assuming the doctor can perform the procedure before June 3). Hopefully he can get me in in May so I can find out. I guess I'll know by whether or not I receive the Set-Apart Spirit on that June day or not. (Anyone who has received the Spirit, what does it feel like?) If not this year, there's always next year...
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.