logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline canasia_us  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:07:35 PM(UTC)
canasia_us

Thanks Icy. I'll do a little more research.

Gord
Offline shalom82  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:48:31 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
phew...I thought I was going nuts there for a bit...

So just to confirm...the full moon is on the evening of April 1/3 which happens to be the twighlight of the 14th of Abib going into the start of 15 Abib...riiiiiggghhht?

the last supper is a memorial supper...and I don't think the Messiah or His talmidim considered it the Passover meal as such.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 1:58:50 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You're welcome Gord.

Sounds like you got it Jake.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 8:27:41 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Icy wrote:
You're welcome Gord.

Sounds like you got it Jake.

im glad someone did! lol

Awesome discussion dudes, Canasia, very nice arguments - its good to have people who can ask such deep and probing questions, personally I get lost when thinking so its good to read and learn :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline gammafighter  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 9:06:54 AM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

Nice discussion, i was just going to ask about that. So that brings up Communion/Eucharist. Are we really meant to eat "The Lord's Supper" every week or was Yahshua saying that when we celebrate Passover, we declare His death until He returns?
Offline Icy  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 9:10:04 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Gamma, I covered this in my little Passover essay. Basically he was telling us that the symbols of the Passover are representitive of him, and when we celebrate Passover we are to remember his gift to us.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 9:48:31 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Are we sure though that it was not passover? I mean the Desiples were sent to prepare for it - they were asking about it... would it not have been the meal that they were going to eat together seems as though it was "passover" starting that evening?
Offline Icy  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 9:58:37 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

It was a meal that was on Passover, but it was not the Passover meal. The Passover meal occurs after the lamb has been sacrificed. If the idea that the Miqra are prophetic and fullfilled on the day they prophecy holds any water, then it can not be the Passover meal because Yahushua has to be sacrificed on Passover at twilight.
Offline kp  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 11:01:04 AM(UTC)
kp

Icy's correct. The "Passover meal" was actually eaten on the Feast of Unleavened Bread, in its first few hours. That is, the lamb was killed on the afternoon of the 14th of Nisan before sundown, and cooked before the Sabbath began, while the leaven was being located and removed from the household.

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 3:04:41 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

So obviously passover was the coming thing everyone was anticipating, when Yahushua was eating with them what could actually be called "the Last supper" lol He tried to explain something of passover to them.

It was a little cryptic don't you think? what He said? I mean - in my eyes... if I was a guy at that table, I could see how "Communion" could have been started...

Offline Noach  
#11 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2008 8:56:18 PM(UTC)
Noach

KP,

There is surely some confusion over the timing of Passover. I like the way Yada put it:

"Now the children of Yisra’el camped (chanah - pitched their tents and rested, establishing their families) in Gilgal (gilgal), and observed (‘asah - prepared, acted out, and celebrated) Pacach (pasach - Passover) on the fourteenth (‘araba’ ‘asar - four, meaning to be square; and ten, thus 14th) day of the month (chodesh - of the renewal) at twilight (‘ereb - at sunset, the beginning of the Hebrew day) in the desert (‘arabah - the dark and desolate wilderness) of Yariychow." (Joshua 5:10)

Since sunset at the end of the fourteenth day would actually be the start of the fifteenth day by Hebrew standards, by our reckoning of time, this would have been the evening of the 13th day - the start of Passover.

Based on Scripture and the example of our Messiah, it would seem that the Passover meal is intended to be eaten at the beginning of the 14th, not the end, which would really be the 15th.

Noach