logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jojocc  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:58:33 AM(UTC)
jojocc

I know that this is revisiting a much talked about subject, and that it may belong in the ‘In His Name’ section, but bear with me…

I was asked a couple of days ago if I believe in Jesus. To my wonder (and horror) I found myself saying no. This was backed up by my voice telling the person that had posed the question that “the Christian Jesus has more in common with a pagan sun god cult than he does with the Hebrew Mashiach.”

This person looked a bit taken aback and then heartily agreed with me, telling me that she had recently converted to Judaism for just this reason.

Sadly, the conversation ended there, as the phone rang (never stops). When I finally had some time to stop and think, I had to seriously talk to YHWH, had I denied the Salvation of Yah, just like Peter?

I left it with my father and tried not the think about it too much. This afternoon, I feel like another piece of the puzzle has fallen into place.

A while ago, I realised that the age of the gentiles could not have been fulfilled if Christianity were from YHWH. Of course, I discovered, and I think we will all agree, it is not from YHWH. So indeed, the last 2 millennia could have been the age of the gentiles.

What about all those people who died for Jesus?

If we are talking about the Saints, I would remind you that they are Saints because of Church decrees – in pagan practices, there are gods for everything. The god of travel, the god of animals etc… Look at the Saints, there is a ‘patron saint’ for just about everything – so the Saints are now the minor pagan gods.

So who is the major pagan god?

We know the answer, we know that the ‘Jesus Christ’ of the churches (whatever denomination they may be) is worshiped on SUNday, Easter is Ishtar etc…

So that out of the way, if the gentiles are mislead and are really practising pagans, who will be the chosen people, those who will keep the covenant and bring the Hebrew YHWH Elohim to the world?

The Hebrews (those who YHWH has chosen, be they Jew or Gentile at birth) will bring the Hebrew Elohim and the Hebrew Mashiach to the world, and then the people can chose to remain pagan, or to follow their creator.

So no, I do not BELEIVE in God, and I do not BELEIVE in Jesus.

I KNOW that YHWH made me, and is here with me, and I KNOW that he is my father. I also KNOW that Yahashua IS the Salvation of Yah, that through him once again we may be cleansed of the knowledge from the tree, and that dying we will not die.

What I do not know, is if for 2 millennia, all those who believe in Jesus have perished. For all those who heard the story, but kept the pagan appointments, thinking they were righteous, but really being deceived into worshiping another Elohim, God, ‘The Prince of Lies’. What about all those people? In this I have to trust that YHWH is just and fair, that he loves all of us and that he would not let any of his children go willingly. I also think that Lucifer has the title - The Prince of Lies' for a reason, and we should not underestimate his reach.

To say that God/Jesus must be real because so many people have called upon his name and so many people have believed in him would be like saying that Islam must be real because so much of the world is Muslim. I know that YHWH is just and fair, and that if it has been his willl for evry generation in the last two millennia to perish, then that is his will, whether I wish to beleive it or not.

I know that when the time comes, YHWH will send his people to tell the world the truth… no wonder it will hurt so much, and so many people will reject it, it is so much harder to hear the truth when you think you already know it.

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:30:40 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have experianced exactly the same thing Jo. And like you I cant think to say that everyone who was is a Christian have perished, I just don't know, and it troubles me. Thanks for sharing that, I know where you are coming from :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline CK  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 6:41:54 PM(UTC)
CK

Yahuweh is just and fair. He is full of compassion and abounding in love. Trust that. Rely on that.

And yes, the Adversary has many titles, and we shouldn't "underestimate his reach," or his influence. I'm sure his 'little helpers' read the YY Forum, and love it when we worry and fret. It side tracks us. It makes us feel defeated, depressed, and oppressed.

Father Yahuweh reveal Your truth to us. Let us not be blindsided. Bring us clarity of mind and heart. Yahuweh, mighty in battle, help us to overcome the spirit of worry and fear. Let us not be deceived, nor become deceivers. For Your esteem Yahuweh, our Elohim, let it be so. All praise and honor to you my Father.
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:11:21 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

This is the million dollar question that have plagued all believers! What happens to those who called upon God and Jesus in the past and even in the present? I struggled with this when my brother died unexpectedly before 40 years of age, when my father died after struggling with grief and illness, and when my mother died early last year. I questioned Yahweh's purpose and destiny for those who died as Christians, and the only answer that I could find is that they shall be resurrected in mortal form according to their works, and we who have been resurrected in spirit form shall then have a chance to engage with them and teach them the real Truth about Yahweh. I do not presume that Yahweh shall leave all men who died in error without evil intent to follow the adversary. Abba Yahweh is wise and kind enough to know who can be rehabilitated, and who truly are of the adversary's ways. His reckoning for those who have chosen evil will distraught them, but His mercy on those led astray shall deny the adversary millions of souls in his hour of damnation.

So then, if their day of salvation is not now, then what of us who have been called now to follow Yahushua? What is our purpose? Our calling is to spread the good news of His coming Kingdom and of His Salvation. We are also to set and example of how to love Him and each other, by learning and doing His Word and teaching others to do the same. We are to engage with, but come out of, this world once we choose to be citizens of His Kingdom by accepting His Sacrifice and the Set-Apart Spirit. If we choose not to get into His Kingdom now after learning of it, then we may not have another chance at all! So for us, now is our time to press forward into His Kingdom so that we may fulfill our predestination.

Perhaps that is why I seem to have a nagging feeling that I should move away to a quiet spot away from most earthly troubles, but which has broadband! Not many such places but I found one nice town in Brazil! Trouble is that I shall have to learn Portugese!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:18:28 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
That's a good idea bitnet. I too want to move away someplace quite but with broadband. I've been to Brazil, you'll be fine not knowing Portugese, I didn't when I was there and I got by just fine. I learned "abragatho" and "abragatha" which is "thank you" to a man or woman respetively.
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:39:05 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Great post!

I'm always stuck on this one, because when I look at my own walk I believe I was imparted with His Spirit when I became a born-again Christian, because one of the first things I desired was to know the Law. I questioned my leaders and promptly got told Jesus abolished it, it was nailed to the cross, etc. This longing to understand the whole Word was, I believe, from above. However, I was using the name Jesus then. Even when I drifted off into the world I still had a longing to be with Elohim, and this desire brought me back into the Kingdom, thankfully by then I had forgotten most church doctrine and was lead to the correct Names and His Word (all of it). It's a bit confusing looking back and trying to think of how He brought me back, it was a combination of 1) my one Christian friend giving me a Christian book on prophecy which confirmed Elohim calling me again, even though I didn't support the book Elohim used my friend to get to me, 2) being on the train network when the 7/7 attacks happened in London which inspired me to want to understand my Muslim university friends and Islam because of the atrocities, 3) my desire not to return to a prophetic-apostolic movement because I felt many people were fake (didn't take God seriously) which instilled a new desire to find the most accurate version of Scripture and seek Him by myself, which lead me to read the preface of my NIV Bible to find the Names replaced, 4) which all in turn lead me to POD and FH. It went something like that.

Interesting to note: before I became a "born-again Christian" it was that same friend, when we were still teenagers, who told me while completely drunk "that Jesus was coming back soon". Not long after that I went to a Christian conference where I confessed my sins. I believe it was then that I was imparted with His Spirit from above. To me my internal desire felt true, and if wasn't from above then I feel it would be a very dirty trick on behalf of the evil one.

I look at my friends in the apostolic-prophetic movement and I see their walk as being real, they read the Scriptures and try understand as best they can. Information for them is difficult to get so they work with what they have. They sincerely believe they have salvation through the Sacrifice of the Messiah, but now will God annihilate their souls simply because they've been conned into thinking His Name is Jehovah and Jesus, hmm? We know the simple condition for entrance in the Kingdom: "Believe in Him whom He sent." (John 6:29) Yes, we can go into the depths of what it means to be a real believer, such as displaying trust in Him and obedience to His Torah, but the answer lies in whether or not we are born from above. This is where the Father knows who are His and who are not.

When asked about my belief I try explain that I'm not really a Christian as such, and then try give a brief explanation of the real Names, Sabbaths and Feasts, and my understanding of the Torah.

I guess the question is: How wrong can a person be and still be considered right with Elohim?

Another note: I prefer to associate myself more with Christians than those in the Messianic movement. I initially wanted to understand the Messianic movement but the more I dig deeper into it the more I find them to be focused on obedience to the Law rather than one's relationship with the Father.

But CK said it best:

CK wrote:
Yahuweh is just and fair. He is full of compassion and abounding in love. Trust that. Rely on that.

Portuguese 101:
"Obrigado", said by a man regardless of who the man is saying thanks to.
"Obrigada", said by a woman regardless of who the woman is saying thanks to.
However, I have seen people use it the other way round before, but Portuguese is such a complicated language that only a handful (literally) of people can speak it correct.

Come to Brazil please, let me know, but be prepared for the bureaucracy here, it can drive a person insane!
Offline bitnet  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 12:05:18 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Obrigado, Matthew, for the invitation! I am looking at the town of Lucas do Rio Verde where life is claimed to be saner than most. How does one buy land in Brazil? What are the conditions on foreigners? Any ideas?

Shalom Aleichem!
Offline Icy  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 1:57:29 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

See, you don't really need to know the language to get by, espcially if only a handful of people know it well.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 8:36:03 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Matthew wrote:

I guess the question is: How wrong can a person be and still be considered right with Elohim?

Yea thats the issue that rides in my head... but then I suppose what CK said is what I have to hang on to in that situation.

Matthew wrote:

Another note: I prefer to associate myself more with Christians than those in the Messianic movement. I initially wanted to understand the Messianic movement but the more I dig deeper into it the more I find them to be focused on obedience to the Law rather than one's relationship with the Father.

hehe yea, strange isn't it. Christians would also more like to associate me with the Messianic movement, I would rather be who I am with my Dad... :D
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline bitnet  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 7:08:33 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

Lessseeee.... whom do I want to be associated with here in this part of the world... Messianics? Nah, they do not exist... I think. Too few Jews here. Christians? Well, that's what people who read and believe what's written in the bible are called. It's just a tag and I'm not really concerned but I do tell some people closer to me that it's a misnomer. Perhaps we shall soon be known as Wayists, as followers of the Way and the Truth. But hang on... that denomination's already taken by that sect on the Andromeda sci-fi series... Sigh! I guess I'll hafta go with Popeye on this... "I yam what ah yam." That's it! We're Popeyites! ;-)