logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline highbrow  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2008 3:08:30 PM(UTC)
highbrow

Ran across this on my way to something else, malakiYah.org. He seems knowledgeable on the subject and passionate. Opinions? Have been following YY for sometime now and really appreciate everyone views here. Has certainly changed the way I look at things, to the point I left the Lutheran Church.
Offline shalom82  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2008 6:44:21 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Shalom Achi and Welcome to the forum,
I didn't go into great depths as it is concerned with malakiYah.org...on the introductory page the author accused the Ashkenazai and the Sephardim of basically being fake Yahudim. This is nothing new and several groups have done it. There's British Israelism, Hebrew Israelites, and Christian Identity and all claim to hold the mantle of Israel in one way or another. Christian Identity seems to be particularly rabid and hateful being that they are connected to the white supremacist movement. Though I am not a huge fan of Two House, I will leave them alone because they are at the least inclusive (that is actually one thing I will say I admire about them is their ability to integrate the races and fellowship as equals) and don't desire to usurp Israel and make no claim that "the Jews" are anything but. Of course the most popular accusation is that the Yahudim are actually Khazars. This is an old tale. Are there Black Israelis? Yes. Are there white, arab, hispanic, and even asian Yahudim...Yes. The blood of Jacob has no certain "look" or racial profile. There are stereotypes to be sure. Look at the example of a mixed race family. I have known white/asian families where one child looks almost completely asian and the other child looks completely white. That is in one generation. Now let that sit on the stove for 2000 years or 1500 years. Intermarriage in respects to the Yahudim has happened all throughout the world. Take for example the Lemba. For all intensive purposes you see a black tribe from South Africa, but low and behold they have an unusually high presence of the Cohanim marker in their DNA. They look like other Africans and most people doubted their claims that they were of the stock of Abraham. This tribe has probably been in Africa for close to 2000 years. It is a theorized that they left Israel during the Babylonian sack. The Lemba only allow women as outsiders to come into the tribe....that is the reason they are black. In Europe the same custom was observed too. Yahudi men took on the native populations as brides. Wouldn't it follow that the Ashkenazai would look European in appearance and the Lemba would look black in appearance? There are large populations of Yahudim in the cities of Kaifeng and Wenzhou that have been their for more than 1200 years...guess what...they look Chinese....same with the Cochin Yahudim...they look Indian. I don't really understand why this is a hard concept. When people do this sort of crap they are closing the door on fellowship with great swaths...cross sections of believers. What does it mean to them if they are Israelite? Does that mean they are saved and nobody else is? In the end what does that really get them? Is YHWH the Elohim of the Jew or Israelite only? These movements are all about identity, it boils down to "we are the chosen people". You go down this road and only jealousy, hostility, and hate can follow. Is there some truth to the lost tribes being spread throughout the world...I am quite sure there is. I am sure that there are Israelites with lost identity walking in this world. I have a pretty good feeling that their is a substantial amount of them in Arabia, Anatolia, and Bucharia. It may be interesting or a historical aside, but this religious devotion and fervency to this notion doesn't accomplish anything. And one more thing...you go down this road...and you might as well scratch out YHWH's promises. If his promises about Israel aren't true then that makes everything suspect and instead of the scriptures being a book by Elohim about man with infininte value...the book is more likely a book by man about God...and is of questionable value. Live set apart to YHWH...with your identity as a Talmid of Yahushua...that's all the identity you need. And another thing...I have a pretty good feeling love for Israel will trump mere blood in the millenium. A person like Ruth is going to dwell in the land...where a member of Neturei Karta may very well be dispossessed. Love Israel, love the land, plant a tree if you feel a need, love the people, serve the people (I don't mean in some kind of second class servant status), help the people, stand with the people, above all love the ELOHIM OF ISRAEL with all your heart soul, and strength. Love Israel without getting caught in the trap that malakiyah.org has fallen into.

YHWH Immakhem

Shalom

Here is an interesting link for those interested in taking it to the next level:

http://hayovel.com/mainIndex.php
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2008 4:12:31 AM(UTC)
kp

One factor that makes the whole "Who is an Israelite?" question hard to pin down today is that Yahweh never said how diluted your bloodline could be and still be an Israelite. According to Talmudic tradition, I understand, if a mother is of the line of Israel, the child is too, while the child's tribal identity derives from the father. But there's no scriptural support for this (though interestingly enough, it makes Yahshua a Jew of the royal line of David legally, while bypassing the curse of Jeconiah physically). If (as I suspect) Yahweh considers all people with any of Israel's blood in their genetic makeup as "Israelites," then there could be billions of us by now who are Israelites and don't know it. Two things are certain: Yahweh knows who are His, and the descendants of Israel are no longer defined by one racial type. The prudent thing to do, in that case, is to treat the Torah as if it were written for you, personally. 'Cause it was.

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:08:28 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was speaking to PeterH about this today on good old Skype. He asked my opinion so I suppose I should say something :)

Lost tribes being all over the world in different races... I can believe. I don't mind. If its true, great. Manipulating information to try and make one country stand above all others I disagree with. Like I said to Peter, I have a problem with people trying to bend their country to some kinda of tenuous link with the Messiah. I think that trying to find the "lost" tribes is a pointless affair, as when it is time for them to return, if they need to or do, or they want to, then they shall... I just think its sometimes a little dangerous to speculate too much on something that could be true, when there is much more at hand right now.

Im obviously generalising here, and have not been on the sites mentioned above so I can not speak about what they teach. But I know that I have experienced some bad teaching in regards to certain countries being the place where the lost tribes are...

And I would agree with what Ken said too lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:58:53 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

While it may be good to know the identity of the lost tribes and their relevance to end-time prophecy, it really matters not as the real significance of Yahweh's chosen in this day and age are the Qodeshim, regardless of their ancestry. Be that as it may, due and proper respect must be given to the remnant of Yahuwdah who have been the torch carriers for the past two millenia, albeit with a "dimmer" flame burning a "different colour." I have great love and respect for them, but perhaps not as much as I have for members of the Ekklesia, and I am troubled when modern Yahudym have to suffer the injustices of the world for the arrogance that they have manifested in their religious doctrines. But that's the payoff: sin begets trouble.

So, what does it matter if we know the identities of the lost tribes? Nothing if they do not know it themselves and the prophecies affecting them! Racial superiority? Spiritual superiority? Bah, humbug! No one counts for anything but dust without the Set-Apart Spirit! Remember that they are lost because they had in the past given in to idolatry and were conquered, and their very identity today is practically a reflection of their current false beliefs: spiritually irrelevant. From Scripture we may surmise that they have truly spread out over the earth and been given the blessings that were promised to them by Yahweh, but because of their sin they are losing it all over again and shall be taken into captivity. So does it really matter who they are? I'd venture to say that they are as good as the non-believers because that is what they are. Their bloodline, should it be traced back to the House of Yisra'El, only means that they should have paid greater respect to the Word and not trifle with it for carnal reward.

Edited by user Saturday, March 15, 2008 6:22:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline highbrow  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 4:42:21 PM(UTC)
highbrow

Thanks for the replies. I was actually referring more to his passion for the name of "YAH". His video series on the name was an interesting view after reading YADA YAHWEH.
Offline CK  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 2:28:26 PM(UTC)
CK

Highbrow,

Sometimes we get a little more than we bargained for here on the forum when we ask for opinions. We learn from one another and that's what it's all about. Thank you for sharing, and thank the rest of you for bird dogging error. :o)

As a side note, I've got some 'Israelite' blood running through my veins via my maternal grandmother (who was a practicing Baptist). My mother and her siblings were never sucessful in getting Grandma to talk about her past. Grandma came by herself to the U.S. when she was 14. That's all we know. Mom and her siblings speculated that somewhere along the line persecution of some sort had transpired. We only have her maiden name as an identifier. As far as grandma's faith was concerned, she went to church every Sunday, and believed in Jesus. Whatever happened in her past, she took to her grave. I think there are a lot of these kind of stories, and I think a lot of people are part of the missing tribes and don't know it - millions upon millions. And I too think it doesn't matter. We are either of the blood, a little bit of the blood, or grafted in - so we are all Yisrael, and we are all Yahudim, as along as we are talmidim of Yahushua!

Prasie Yah from whom all blessings flow.