logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bitnet  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 7:27:00 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello All,

While we are now aware of Apophis meteor (MN99942) coming to visit us, I have also learnt from the article below that we may be in the line of a gamma ray burst from an exploding star 8,000 light years away. This may be one of the nastiest things that may afflict the world in the last days. Not a pleasant thing if it hits the earth like an intense broad laser beam burning the earth over several hundred kilometers in diameter and destroying the ozone layer and causing the atmosphere to fry and then lead on to wrecked weather climates. Oh well, just make sure that your spiritual ark is ready way before then!

Shalom Aleichem

--

Earth could be right in firing line when dying star eventually explodes
Malaysia Sun
Monday 3rd March, 2008
(ANI)

Canberra, March 3 : A new study has indicated that Earth could face a burst of gamma-ray radiation from a dying star located in the constellation Sagittarius, any time between now and the next couple of hundred thousand years.

University of Sydney astronomer Peter Tuthill first discovered the star in a rotating pinwheel system known as WR104, eight years ago.

According to a report in The Australian, this system contains a Wolf-Rayet star, which is the last stop in a star's life before it explodes in a massive supernova.

Earth could be right in the firing line when the star eventually explodes.

"Sometimes, supernovae like the one that will one day destroy WR104 focus their energy into a narrow beam of very destructive gamma-ray radiation along the axis of the system,'' said Dr Tuthill. "If such a gamma-ray burst happens, we really do not want Earth to be in the way,'' he added.

WR104 is about 8,000 light years away from Earth, which is right down the street in galactic terms and according to Dr Tuthill, there is evidence that Earth may have been hit by one of these bursts before.

"Scientists have speculated that, eons ago, a gamma-ray burst from a distant star could explain mass extinctions seen in the fossil record,'' he said.

A group of US scientists have calculated that a 10 second burst of gamma-rays could deplete as much as 50 per cent of the Earth's protective ozone layer, allowing through potentially deadly radiation.

The first signs of the star's explosion would be the detection of the gamma-rays and it may have already happened.

"It could have gone off 8,000 years ago and we wouldn't know it, it could go off tomorrow, any time in the next couple of hundred thousand years is all we can say, but in astronomy terms that's imminent and we can't say any more than that,'' said Tuthill.

But, according to researchers, the fully-fledged gamma-ray burst is just the worst-case scenario and it might be not as deadly as previously thought.

"The two extremes are a very directed beam along the axis or a spherical explosion but the reality is that WR104 might lie somewhere in the middle of that, it has a preference for beaming things our way but maybe not as deadly as a fully fledged burst,'' said Tuthill.

--
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2008 10:25:53 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
interesting :) nice find.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2008 12:11:49 PM(UTC)
kp

A possible "natural" cause for the fourth bowl judgment? "Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory." (Revelation 16:8-9) The question is, it "the sun" necessarily our sun?

In FH chapter 23, my hypothesis was as follows:

Quote:
“Superflares” have been observed for years emanating from young stars, fast-rotating stars, or twin stars—places where the magnetic fields are presumed to be totally haywire. But in 1999, a team of Yale University researchers announced that they had observed superflares—anywhere from a hundred to ten million times as powerful as ordinary X-class solar flares—coming from nine stars described by astronomer Bradley E. Schaefer as “disturbingly similar to our own sun.” He was quick to point out, of course, that we are in no immediate danger, saying “Our sun does not do this, as far as we can tell.” These superflares are theoretically triggered by interaction between the stars’ magnetic fields and those of nearby gas-giant planets like Saturn or Jupiter—which in the case of our solar system are far too distant from the sun to have the requisite magnetic influence.

Schaefer, however, did speculate on what would happen if such a superflare were to occur here. A powerful one could create “a complete global ozone hole that would last a couple of years.” And we know what that would do, don’t we? Such a superflare, he said, “could turn a cold winter day into a hot summer day.” Does this sound familiar to anybody but me? It’s a perfect description of the effects of the fourth bowl judgment.

It would take a miracle, of course, for the magnetic forces on the sun’s surface to build in just the right way and let go at just the right moment to cause such a phenomenon. I’ve got no problem with that. To my mind, the far greater miracle would be the sort of thing Yahweh did a thousand times over when He created this earth for us to live on: achieving perfect balance. The superflare would have to be strong enough to get men’s attention (an ordinary X-class flare wouldn’t even be noticed after a nuclear war) but weak enough to avoid turning planet Earth into a charcoal briquette. God’s not done with the world yet. People are still going to have to live here after bowl number four. Belief here is a package deal: either Yahweh is the Creator of the whole universe and thus capable of controlling such things, or He isn’t.

kp

Offline Tiffany  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2008 10:05:54 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

I would have to say in some cases I am not totally sure even with what is described below that some people will still miss the point. I am so thankful that I not only know Yahweh but I have a personal relationship with him!!!

Quote:
The superflare would have to be strong enough to get men’s attention (an ordinary X-class flare wouldn’t even be noticed after a nuclear war) but weak enough to avoid turning planet Earth into a charcoal briquette. God’s not done with the world yet. People are still going to have to live here after bowl number four. Belief here is a package deal: either Yahweh is the Creator of the whole universe and thus capable of controlling such things, or He isn’t

I am also thankful that Yah does not want to turn this planet into a charcoal briquette yet!

Tiffany
Offline CK  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:17:51 PM(UTC)
CK

As am I Tif. Praise Yah.