logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tiffany  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2007 10:00:03 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

The Pagan holidays when I first read about them made me want to vomit, all that I had been raised to believe was a lie. I grew up thinking the same as most people loving Christmas and Easter, but I have a few questions...

How do you not support (which I am not) these pagan holidays and still spend time with your family who does?

How do you share the truth when no one wants to hear it because they like their traditions?

How do you separate with out destroying families? (This question is probably the most important to me; see my mom and dad don't understand why I don't want to celebrate these events. When I am away from home its easy I just don't tell them, but this year I will be home for christmas and life will go about as usual except I know the truth, a truth they don’t want to know about because it ruins their idea of the season)

Any insight would be great! Thanks
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2007 4:41:21 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Tiffany, I've been considering this issue as well. As you say, when you're on your own it's not much of an issue, but holidays like "Christmas" have gone beyond a purely spiritual celebration (Pagan or misguided Christian) and has become both a popular commercial and family/social gathering event. While many well meaning Christians recognize that the date of Masiyah's birth is not December 25th or even in that season, I think many not being aware of Yahuweh's mowed miqra give that Pagan compromised date a pass due to not feeling sufficently certain as to when the actual date was. While I've read other authors who suggest other miqra dates, such as Passover as the proper date, I agree with Yada's reasoning for Tabernacles.

As for you're immediate concern, have you told them of your convictions concerning the miqra? They too may recognize that Masiyah's birth was not December 25th and this may create an openning to discuss eveidence as to when it was. As for gathering with your family, I still have but more as a sense of honoring my parents. They now know that I have a different understanding of Yahuweh then they do. While they don't (yet) share my conviction to obsereve the miqra instead they respect mine and don't expect me to particpate in say Christmas midnight mass or Easter vigil. This may differ from Yada's instruction to erase these dates from our calendars and vocabulary and look forward to other insights.

On a related note, how do you regard "holidays" (if an American) such as Thanksgiving day or Independence day? While not Pagan substitutes for His miqra, on such occasions I give particular thanks to Yah for the many blessings he has favored upon our admittedly flawed land, in that here we have the freedom and access to explore and share the truth of His Scriptures without persecution.
Offline Jeannie  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2007 10:18:22 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Tiffany, that is a very hard one!! I don't think anyone really wants to do Christmas, but when you say your actually not they go a little crazy!! This will be the first year we will not be doing Christmas. Last year we did keep it because other family members were just getting this and we didn't want to push it. I love keeping the feasts as there is more of them..ha...I think these are the only "holidays" we will be keeping. Now to figure out what we should really be doing in them!!! I'm keeping it pretty simple for now.
Jeannie

Edited by user Saturday, July 7, 2007 12:17:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Noach  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2007 10:25:10 AM(UTC)
Noach

Tiffany/Theophilus

There is no doubt that this is one of the hardest aspects of our relationship with Yahuwah, but there is no room for compromise. Yahushua did not specifically specify His birthdate becuase he does not want us to be concerned with it. If He wanted His birth to be celebrated He would have said so. Birthdays are mentioned only 3 times in Scripture and death and destruction accompany each reference. While it is apparent from Scripture that Yahushua was born into this world during Sukkoth in order to walk with us and show us the way to salvation, it's His death and resurrection that He wants us to focus on in terms of observance.

"Do you think that I came to give peace on earth? I say to you, no, but rather division. For from now on five in one house shall be devided, three against two, and two against three - Father shall be devided against son, and son against father, mother against daughter, and daughter against mother, mother in law against her daughter in law, daughter in law against her mother in law" (Luke 12:51-53)

There will be those in our family that do not want to hear the truth no matter how much we share it with them. My family is big so there is much division among them and myself when I visit. There is always frustration when I try to share the truth. There is always judgmental eyes when I do not partake in the prayer to the "LORD" at dinner time or do not take the bacon at breakfast time. I do not visit my family during pagan holidays and they have come to accept it because they know they cannot change it. There are other times to visit. Our only hope is that our love for following in Yahuwah's way will one day make our family members jealous for that type of relationship.

Noach
Offline EI  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2007 11:52:38 AM(UTC)
EI

Noach wrote:
Tiffany/Theophilus

There is no doubt that this is one of the hardest aspects of our relationship with Yahuwah, but there is no room for compromise. Yahushua did not specifically specify His birthdate becuase he does not want us to be concerned with it. If He wanted His birth to be celebrated He would have said so. Birthdays are mentioned only 3 times in Scripture and death and destruction accompany each reference. While it is apparent from Scripture that Yahushua was born into this world during Sukkoth in order to walk with us and show us the way to salvation, it's His death and resurrection that He wants us to focus on in terms of observance.

"Do you think that I came to give peace on earth? I say to you, no, but rather division. For from now on five in one house shall be devided, three against two, and two against three - Father shall be devided against son, and son against father, mother against daughter, and daughter against mother, mother in law against her daughter in law, daughter in law against her mother in law" (Luke 12:51-53)

There will be those in our family that do not want to hear the truth no matter how much we share it with them. My family is big so there is much division among them and myself when I visit. There is always frustration when I try to share the truth. There is always judgmental eyes when I do not partake in the prayer to the "LORD" at dinner time or do not take the bacon at breakfast time. I do not visit my family during pagan holidays and they have come to accept it because they know they cannot change it. There are other times to visit. Our only hope is that our love for following in Yahuwah's way will one day make our family members jealous for that type of relationship.

Noach

I must say that I agree with Noach in this instance. That is not to say that it will not be hard for some. For me, however, it will not be hard but for those of you who will find it difficult(which is okay, I am not saying that it is wrong if you do) I just say remember to rely on Yahuwehs word and truth. Noach actually gave the first verse I was going to write. Yahushua knew that we would face this problem.

I was brought up Christian(born again). My mom and two older sisters are Christian. I have begun to gradually plant seeds. I love them but not more than I love my relationship with my Creator.
Offline Theophilus  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2007 6:45:13 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

EI and Noach,

thank you for sharing your insights on this matter. Apparently I still have much to learn in regards to not compromising. I'd not looked into the topic of birthdays in scriptures as I understood that this was much more significant to peoples that were interested in omans, divination and astrology than the Yahudim were. I agree that Messiyah did not promote the date of his birth as a holiday rather focused His earthly mission to the redemption of fallen mankind. which Scripture does directly tie into the Spring Miqras.

I didn't see my question about thanking Yah for His blessings on our nation if it happens to be Independence day or Thanks Giving expressly addressed? Would failing to ignore these dates also constitute compromising our relationship with our Creator? On a similar note, should we not celebrate our parents requests to gather and celebrate their birthdays, anniversaries or other events with them or for that matter our childrens on account of compromise, or is this to apply more to the replacement of the sabbath, and miqra with Pagan(ish) substitutes of these Scripturally prescribed times?

Thank you again,

Theophilus
Offline Noach  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2007 9:45:39 PM(UTC)
Noach

Theophilus,

Good questions. The root of the problem lies in replacing and mixing Yahuwah's appointed times with celebrations rooted in paganism. Days that America has designated as special such as Memorial day, labor day, Independence day, and thanksgiving are not rooting in paganism and are not designed and promoted to replace Yahuwah's appointed times. If though, we use these days as an excuse to replace Yahuwah's appointed times then we have created a problem. Birthday celebrations are absolutely an abomination. Every aspect of this behavior is rooted in paganism from the coned wizard hats to the candles and birthday cake. It is one of ha shatan's biggest promotions.

It really comes down to how much of this behavior you are prepared to accept. Remeber, Yahuwah was around when celebrations like birthdays, easter, christmas, and valentines day were celebrated openly, we weren't. Today the real meanings have been hidden as ha shatan knows that we would not openly worship him (at least not the ones he is trying to deceive), but Yahuwah still sees them for what they are, and by no means wants them associated with His family. We can revise the meanings all we want, even attribute their meanings to Him, but Yahuwah is not fooled. Yahuwah does not compromise, should those who have chosen to be a part of His family?

Noah
Offline Jeff  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 8, 2007 5:44:01 AM(UTC)
Jeff

These are difficult questions but just as happens in many cases the most difficult questions may have the simplest answers (my opinion).

Yahuweh loves us as a father loves his children and he has things he wants us to know about Him and the world He created. He established the Sabbath and the Miqra so that we can rest and relax in His presence, having conversation with Him as we would any of our family members. Yahuweu wants our relationship with Him to be easy and comfortable and not another religeous activity. Our adversary always point us toward the religeous because that's his way.

When we come to Yahuweh and we are filled with the set apart spirit we are clothed with Yahuweh's garment of light. The light of His truth will always draw people to Him and then they have the choice to make.

We must always operate in the truth that we have without compromise for us and without condemnation for them.

No more pagan holidays for us but all of our family and extended family are not at the same place so we are considering family times together as teaching and learning opportunities.

If we all allow ourselves to carry His light without the stink of religion he will reel them in. He is a great fisherman.
Offline shohn  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2007 9:14:49 PM(UTC)
shohn

My family is struggling with this as well. We've certainly opened the gates and started letting everyone know what is going on, but acceptance varies among family members and friends. I thought I would share a couple of things that I've found as icebreakers for this sensitive topic.

I was raised Catholic and have found that some of my catholic relatives are so entrenched that it is like talking to someone with a force field at times. I've found a couple pictures of the pope kissing the Koran and shared them with the most entrenched folks. I wasn't really trying to shock them or anything, but I found that it does help open catholic minds a bit quicker.

On another level, we have found that time helps. We began prepping our families for this around mid-march and have slowly eased them into the idea. They were not excited about it at first, but I offered to celebrate the appointed festivals as an alternative.

Also, I've found that there are some family members and especially friends that have suspected something like this all along and are much more receptive than I thought they would be at first. It usually helps to come armed with clear and concrete examples of why you are no longer celebrating christmas. One I've found particularly useful is the mention of pig sacrifices in the temple on Dec 25th mentioned somewhere in Maccabees II? (around ch 20 or 22 if memory serves). Funny thing though; the "paganess" of this holiday was pretty much well communicated during my various Catholic educational experiences; however, it was never really questioned. Reminds me of a post a I saw on biblical scholars blog a few months ago. The gent said something to the effect, "I know I'm not supposed to question, but......". It is an old story - group think. Heck, I was even considering going to DTS at one point, but noticed the theology is pretty well hard coded - scholarly group think, though I'm sure this applies to other schools as well.

With the group think problems though, right is right, and wrong is wrong, right? So regardless of what the group thinks, you have to go with what is right. The question is what is right in this case? Are you not dishonoring your earthly mother and father by failing to show up at a family gathering that is not intended to celebrate the ol' sun god, in their minds at least? I guess you have to weigh which is more important them or your heavenly father.

I can think of perhaps a couple of examples of the right course of action through the example set by Daniel. If memory serves, he did not object to having a pagan name, working for a pagan king, etc., but at some point he refused to eat with the king. I think if one ponders at what point was Daniel reluctant to partake in some Pagan dining activities it may help draw a good analogy for what is appropriate. Something like, "yeah you can call me whatever you want, but don't expect me to dig swine or get craisy drunk".

It seems like Paul also mentioned something along these lines. I believe the specific topic was on consuming meat that had been sacrificed to false gods. I hope I'm not misstating this, but I believe it was something to the effect that there is nothing wrong with eating meat sacrificed to idols provided that your conscience is in check (it's just meat), but don't eat that kind of meat in front of someone that would freak out about it. In modern terms, I can think of this as perhaps not drinking wine in front of your baptist father in law if you can avoid it. Further commenting on this, I think it was Yah'shua himself who said something about it is not that which goes into your mouth that defiles you, but rather that which comes out, and in addition I recall reading something about "other preachers" - something where He told Peter not to stop the "other guys" because those that aren't against us are with us. This would have to center around what message was being preached I suppose. In addition, it seems like Paul often spoke of the timing issue - referring to nursing learners on milk before they are ready for solid food.

I hope some of this helps someone - we're still working on this ourselves, but I think our solution will involve us telescoping the message that we are slowly withdrawing from pagan holidays, but plan to work a soup kitchen instead on that day and perhaps donate the gifts money to poor starving children in Africa or something instead of buying more useless junk to unwrap each year. Call me scrooge I guess.
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Jeannie  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2007 3:09:50 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

This theme of how do we celebrate the Feasts also comes across Yada's desk and his answer.

Quote:
Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Dear Yada,
My name is C. And I am so grateful that my Yehushua chose to lead me to the writings that He’s poured forth through you. I am just in awe, clinging and wanting to consume what I believe to be the truth and plan of my Yehuweh. It is so strange and familiar all at the same time. Truly you were right in saying that “We would need to unlearn before we could learn. I’m in that process now.

Although, there has been much that He has, over the years, been getting to me along these same lines. Hosea, Hab.2;2, a book about Babylon( don’t remember the title), which led me to sun gods, Baal, Easter, Christmas, obelisks, catholicism, etc. I recently had done another study on catholics, learning much more about the idols involved, mass, the upside-down cross, and Sunday worship.

I’ve removed T.V. (the world and its way of thinking) from the home, taken out most of the celebration of Christmas (and I was quite the decorator, always pointing to Jesus of course-but that didn’t even feel right). Easter was stopped as well. The bulk of this had been done 8-10 yrs. ago. I also did my share of bouncing around churches in an attempt to find that “True” assembly- to no avail- So we’d settle awhile. No one seemed to understand what I was doing! But I could not stop looking. The more I searched, read and listened to the people the more I felt I had to move on in the search.

Of course the church’s that we attended were trying to do replacements, I still was made to feel like I was being extreme! So I bowed in the smallest extremes to keep peace. But no more!! I’ve known so much of this in my heart but didn’t have the wisdom and understanding of why. I believe I do know.

I have a couple questions for you. I was wondering when the other chapters from the Foundation, 5-9 & 12 might be returning? And, more importantly, I am feeling a little confused about how to celebrate the new “True” feast. Maybe it’s all just so new and as I read more I’ll get it, but…If there are specifics you could help me with I would appreciate it.

Then, lastly, I don’t know what to do about “church”? I’m mostly feeling that I don’t care to go, although weird, but I’m not sure where to go. I feel like, through these writings, He is teaching me, therefore I’m in the best hands for my learning, but I guess I’m wondering if there is somewhere that we’re to go and how to get together with others. I don’t know where to look when I think about it, on the other hand I wonder if in my sharing these messages with others that that will create an assembly that Yahweh has got set for us. Starting from the “Foundation” I am now in “Going Astray” chapt.6

Oops, I have another question. What translation of Scripture have you found to be most accurate that I could get? I’ve found the “Restoration Scriptures”, “Dead Sea Scrolls bible” to name a couple. I will work to attain the others that you have mentioned as I love to study, As I’m not comfortable with some of what I have now. I have been using the Amplified and just sent my mom a copy (I’ve since told her that another will be coming). She’s been great with receiving this word as well, which has been a great blessing to me. My husband has been fighting, but has begun reading now and it’s starting to make sense to him also. He brought something’s up to a person at church that he respected and listened to the denial of the truth. It was eye opening for him.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again -for your obedience to follow His leading and so eloquently supplying the meat of the word that I am now being nourished on.

Blessings, CH

C,

This is a wonderful letter and I thank you for sharing all of this. The answer to your first question is a few months or so. I got involved writing a 700 page Islamic Terrorism Timeline to keep Prophet of Doom relevant. It is what brings people to the Yada Yahweh site.

I think the best way to celebrate all of Yahweh’s Miqra is to have a party with God, read His Word and celebrate the four Miqra He has fulfilled and look forward to the fulfillment of the next three.
I don’t go to “church” because what they have to say conflicts with Yahweh’s Word. There are assemblies that teach the truth but none where I live. A friend of mine has found several of them and I’ll ask him to share his resources.

I have both translations that you listed and they are okay for some things but they aren’t reliable. The Restoration Scriptures advocates a position that is important to them but contrary to Yahweh’s plan called the Two House Theory that I find most irritating since it actually corrupts their translation. Much of what Moshe, the founder of the site that publishes the RS has to say is reliable and useful, but not his THT. In fact, I’ve enjoyed reading some of his research and like him.
Yada