logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 9:05:17 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Being that modern Protestantism is merely an off shoot of Roman Catholocism and much of it's doctrines and festivals are derived directly from the Universal Church...I decided to put this post here.

You want a tangible example of a member of the Laodicean Church? Well here you go...

by CHARITY G

I firmly believe that the United States is the direct creation of God and the U.S. constitution is the direct result of Divine intervention. Therefore, when I honor my country I am indirectly honoring God.

From Yahoo answers
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 9:09:56 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Eh, seems more like that bull in the Sinai wilderness, ain't it?
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline jojocc  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2008 1:02:32 AM(UTC)
jojocc

I am always knocked off my feet by the awesome power of the American patriotic spirit. I have always admired the idea of "For God and my Country", but from the sidelines, I was never proud of my former country, there was no 'country' to be proud of, just a mishmash of multi-cultural tripe.

I am now very Patriotic, I can quite happily say that, "I firmly believe that Israel is the direct creation of YHWH, and the Torah is the direct result of Divine inspiration. Therefore when I honour Israel, I am honouring YHWH". ;-)

However, it depends on what your definition of Israel is. To me, Israel is the nation of Yehudim, geographically situated between the Med Sea and the Dead Sea. The Yehudim follow Yahashua and therefore Torah is written on their hearts.

The Laodiceans may follow their man-made laws albeit beleiving they are divinely inspired and that they are even the 'new Israelites', but it is not for me to worry about. When the time comes, YHWH will send forth his people, and they will carry the truth and the word to the nations, including the Laodiceans.
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2008 5:35:40 AM(UTC)
kp

Speaking of one's love of country, C.S. Lewis, in The Four Loves, wrote, "This love becomes a demon when it becomes a god." We need to always remember that Yahweh, though He loves eretz Israel, especially Jerusalem, has no illusions about its intrinsic goodness, nor is He reticent to tear it to the ground and rebuild it from scratch if and when the need arises. We citizens of (name your country) must not mistake our nation for a god. If it needs fixing, we must honestly recognize that fact and try to fix it. Or failing that, we must do what believers have had to do for the bulk of history: adopt a pilgrim mentality, even if we have to live in the catacombs.

kp