logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tiffany  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:10:13 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Quote:
God was not coy about sharing His name with us either. Search the Word and you will find Yahuweh written exactly 7,000 times. Seven is the Creator's favorite number. Everything important is based upon the principle of six (the number of man) in addition to God (who is one) equals the desired result: seven (perfection).Yahushua's name is engraved in 77 Messianic prophecies. Between them, they appear an average of seven times a page. Prior to man's meddling, this frequency was more than sufficient for all mankind to know the answer to both proverbial questions. But after clerical copyedits, fewer than one in 7,000 souls can answer this question: "What (mah) is His personal and proper name (shem) and what is His Son's (ben) personal and proper name (shem)?" Chapter 0
Dabar: Word

Taking this from Dabar chapter of YY, how is it that man was allowed to copyedit scripture 7000 times? I am using the one version of the old covenant this morning and struggling with the fact that I can't find any of the names and it is frustrating. How do you convince someone that the above statement is so important when it’s so hard to show them the proof? And how do you find it because I spent two and half hours yesterday trying every website I could find almost to the point of tears because I could not find it regardless of the fact that I know it, I wanted to show my friend in writing. Any help or input would be great!

Thanks
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:08:56 AM(UTC)
kp

The easiest (and probably cheapest) way to do this is to get yourself a printed copy of Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. It's been in print for a bazillion years, so it's dirt cheap. Look up "Lord," and it'll take you to (Hebrew) #3068. There you'll find the "Tetragrammaton" (YHWH). They pronounce it "Yehovah" (which unfortunate, but at least they don't insist on the 17th century "J"). Yehovah and Yahuweh are identical, as far as the consonant roots are concerned---the vowel sounds are subject to educated guess since they were added by the Masoretes millennia after the OC texts were written. Baker and Carpenter pronounce it Yehowah. The Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains pronounces it Yahweh, as does the Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament. The Englishman's Concordance makes it Yahveh. It's all the same Hebrew four-letter name.

kp
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:45:01 AM(UTC)
kp

That's great, Swalchy. Mine's thirty years old.

kp