logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline real  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2008 4:24:02 PM(UTC)
real
Man

wow love turned to fear....imagine that!
Offline Tiffany  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2008 5:41:04 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

I think what I like the most besides being in love with Yahweh is that we get to become completely sanctified. I loving being part of the set-apart!!!!!
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2008 5:49:58 PM(UTC)
bitnet

This is most consistent with the loving nature of Yahweh. Why would the Eternal Creator want His children to fear Him? They should be aware of the pain of chastisement but not fear Him who chastises, and chastisement should be seen as a call to return to Yahweh. Yahweh never punishes excessively! However, the further we move away the stronger the chastisement... so there is no fear when one is in the bosom of Yahweh. Rather we should fear the absence of Father Yahweh for then we shall be in the presence of wolves and serpents who want to destroy and consume us.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline sugarman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2008 7:35:44 PM(UTC)
sugarman

job 28:28 fear of the Lord that is wisdom?
Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2008 12:47:00 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello Sugarman,

You are really handing out the sweets today, aren't you? As to your post above, you are repeating the question asked by Swalchy by referring to another verse. If you see my signature line, I have basically used a translation that is most meaningful to me. You see, Yahweh laments that His people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge, and His people have lost knowledge because they fear more than love. Fear binds, love liberates. Fear makes people cower, love emboldens people. If a person fears his or her earthly father, then problems would probably arise because or mental and emotional restrictions. I respected my natural father in so many ways and I loved him very much. He was dedicated to his work and committed to his activities and he took good care of his family as he knew fit, rarely rising in anger. I did not fear him but loved him. I believe the same to be of our heavenly Father, that Yahweh should not be feared unless you really want to displease Him intentionally and continuously, to the point that you hurt yourself and other around you, and worse still, deprive them of knowing Him. Then you shall have every reason to fear Yahweh.

But if He is your Father and you try to walk with Him, why would you need to fear Him? Everything He has He wants to share with you. No, fear does not work in this relationship. Reverence does. What is reverence? To show reverence means to show loving respect for Him and His Word, and to do as He instructs. It is pointless to know without doing. The fallen angels and demons know Yahweh but did not do as He instructed hence their current position. So, to revere Yahweh is to understand and obey, and when this happens, Wisdom comes into play and we understand more. And then we realise that it is not our wisdom but the Wisdom of the Set-Apart Spirit that enables us to know and understand Scripture and the Father's Ways; for by the spirit of man does man know the things of man, but by the Spirit of the Father do we know the things of the Father. And it is by doing that we express our faith, for faith without works is dead.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.