logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline real  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 11:46:59 AM(UTC)
real
Man

I have a tendancy to believe that when we speak of Isreal we are really missing the boat when we think of terms of a small peice of land or one tribe of Isreal as for i believe that the United Kingdom is part of Isreal I also believe that America is a house of Isreal just as Austrailia as well. Would really like to get others thoughts on that.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 2:34:49 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
very interesting thought - can you give us more detail? Is it because of our relationships as countries with Israel? I would ask if it was our Jewish communities, but I suppose you find them everywhere these days.

When I speak of Israel - I refer to the land mass given to Yahuweh's Set-Apart people, and the people in it. I believe that the land is as important as the people who are meant to display Yahuweh from it. (very short answer :D)

So I am interested in how you see Israel :) If you can explain some more that would be great!

- Rob

EDIT: In response to your topic title, yes - the "Jews" - "Judah and benyamin", although seems as though the people of Israel have been scattered, im not too sure we know who is from a tribe or not... Maybe even the "Jews" aren't as 100% from "Judah and benyamin" as they would like to think? ...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline real  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 3:44:46 PM(UTC)
real
Man

well Ephraim as an example is spoken of and Manassah as well almost as much as yuda in fact the material blessings are really passed on to us.You know that they were told to put their names on the heaps and highmarks like the danue river or the daines or the song danny boy. When yahweh makes a promise he always keeps it and i do believe that kings and great nations will come from Isreal. You know i belive that jerimiah went with tiffiany after all others were killed (you remember he was allowed to leave) and went to scotland. I think you will find the good muslims will hate America and the Britts about as much as they hate the jewish people and I also think in world war 2 you saw the same thing. here is a website I read for about 6 months the author isn't religeous although we most likely need to educate him on the use of words like christ and lord anyway i do belive this to be the second most eye oening website I have read http://www3.sympatico.ca...leprophecy/prophecy.html I remeber him being Canadian and a man is search for the truth his expertise isn't in language although he is pretty good it is in history and I have to say it taught me alot.
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 5:50:40 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello Real,

Scripture reveals that the Hebrew kingdom was split into two portions: the northern Kingdom of Yisrael and the southern Kingdom of Yahuwdah which basically comprised the tribes of Yahuwdah and Benyahmin and Levi. The others populated the northern kingdom. Many Scripture translations actually have maps showing you the boundaries of these two kingdoms.

True to form, those in the southern kingdom with Yahweh's name lasted longer than those who strived against Him. The Assyrians invaded and removed the northern kingdom when they turned away from Yahweh. Many of the people were taken away and the remnant lost their identity under the Assyrian colonisation. Those are the 'lost tribes" whom the world are searching for today.

Those in Yahuwdah remained loyal a little longer but, alas, they too faced colonisation and oppression for turning away from Yahweh and relying upon themselves. However, they were allowed to remain in the land, and they never gave up their identity. Collectively, they are known as Yahuwdah -- one tribe -- although there are actually three. From there we get Judah and subsequently, Jew.

Modern Israel is significant because it is the establishment of the remnant of Yahuwdah, not ancient Yisrael. Perhaps what is also poignant is that their choice of national identity puts them in the path of wrath of the Ancient of Days -- because they still strive with Yahweh. Thankfully, Yahweh will still look after them as promised but they will have to go through a lot of problems till the arrival of the Messiyah whom they do not acknowledge as Yahushua.

This is my understanding in a nutshell and perhaps KP would like to fill in the details if he has the time. Actually to explain it all would need a tome, not just time.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline real  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:08:05 AM(UTC)
real
Man

i do belive that the northern kingdom changed the sabbath (which is why Yahwah allowed them to be taken into captivity) however I also find it somewhat laughable that world looks for lost tribes of Yisreal as though we were that hard to find countries like the United Kingdom and America as an example. As far as todays modern Yisreal striving for Yahweh ( I have my doubts) I believe Yahwah has turned his back on them for two days for a reason. He just turned his back on us about 800 years earlier (Due to false religion) Which is exactly why this is an excellent website.
Offline MZ  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2008 11:58:38 AM(UTC)
MZ

real,
Steven M. Collins @ stevenmcollins.com has done extensive research on the tribes of Israel. He has a 4 volume book set with maps, and pictures documenting the migrations and history of Israel. His last book Israel's Tribes Today shows through the prophecies in Scripture, especially the ones
given by Jacob, the countries that meet the criteria for the tribes in the latter days. It is a fascinating study.
There are also many articles and other resources available there.
Enjoy,
Madeline
Offline Sator  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2008 8:11:43 PM(UTC)
Sator

The guy that wrote the page Real linked needs to go re-read the scriptures. There is so much misinformation on the page making the entire document useless since it is based on a flawed foundation and crumbles the further it goes. I have yet to read a single document in support of the "two house" or "lost tribe" theories that weren't flawed from beginning to end.

For example
"And Israel said unto Joseph, Behold, I die: but God shall be with you, and bring you again unto the land of your fathers. Moreover I have given to thee one portion above thy brethren, which I took out of the hand of the Amorite with my sword and with my bow". GEN.48:21,22. So Israel blesses Joseph and gives him twice what his other brothers receive. As I name these two countries you will see that it probably is far more than twice. Also notice that Israel shall return to the home land sometime in the future. This means that they must leave in order to return. The Jews, or the nation of Judah, have NEVER left there homeland, except for a 70 year time period, while at this same time period, there were NO Israelites present. Only Israel was captured and taken away, to a foreign land and have not returned yet. "And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days".GEN.49:1."

I guess the Author didn't know the statement was made in Egypt and never heard of Moses and Exodus

Luke 2:36 Anna the prophetess was from the Tribe of Asher
Paul describes himself as an Israelite from the tribe of Benjamin in a number of places (Romans 11:1)
Peter is from the tribe of Simeon

Here is a list of hundreds and hundred of peoples thinking or claiming to be lost tribes.
http://www.bh.org.il/Com...rchive/TenLostTribes.asp

This taken from a Mormon article.
Over the years, there has some been a lot of conjecture about the “Lost Tribes” of Israel being hidden, in “secret cities” in Russia, on another planet, in the center of the Earth, under the sea, and so forth. These theories run counter to both scriptural and historical evidence and are based in unfounded assumptions."

Of Course the Mormons think they are also the lost tribe of Ephraim (See Elder John A. Widtsoe)

For a taste of reality
http://www.torahresource...use%20Fatal%20Errors.pdf

Sator
Offline MZ  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2008 1:37:10 PM(UTC)
MZ