logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bitnet  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 12:37:44 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello Fellow Yahudim,

Are we prepared to assemble on the Miqra? Is there a need to do this physically? How? Where? I'm just wondering because we are commanded to observe the Miqra by assembling together. Other than the costs and logistics, are there other risks? Is virtual assembly OK? :-)
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 7:36:56 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
well I've told em all before - Manchester is a great location... and we have a largish living room ;)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 6:32:54 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Ok, first off the bat for believers in the Far East region... how about a meeting in a nice resort in Thailand or Malaysia where it is nice and cheap! It is OK to spend the Feast of Tabernacles in a hotel, right? Done it before with previous congregation but they, er, sort of decided to do it halfway... on a different date... Sigh!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:26:56 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

LOL thats soo not fair... why do the far east guys get hotels in Thailand or Malaysia! Our equivalent here is like a wet and windy Bed and breakfast in Bognor Regis...

*sob*
Offline Mike  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:53:07 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Bitnet, You could stay at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel at KLCC but it isn't exactly cheap. Last summer my room was 400 Ringgits per night. The room was nice but all I could see out the window were the Petronas Towers. The management might frown on having a sukkah in the room. LOL You guys would probably want to stay at a beach resort!
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:59:38 AM(UTC)
bitnet

And I have the perfect beach resorts in mind... sun, sand, beaches, good food... All at a good, affordable price nowhere near RM400 (US$110) per night. Come one, come all! Sign your name below! You may put up your sukkah on the beach if you want to! :-))
Offline jojocc  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:20:39 AM(UTC)
jojocc

Well you are all welcome to come and camp in the Judean desert with me if you like :-) I'll even throw in some goldstar (local Israeli beer for those of you who partake) mint tea and humus.
Offline shalom82  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:51:38 PM(UTC)
shalom82

I am sorry to waste space...but I am sorry...I absolutely love beer. I wonder if I wasn't an ancient Mitzrite in a past life....joking joking...joking........joking. kp has guitar playing and I have beer....I am trying to learn how to brew my own now. What do you prefer Jojocc...Maccabee or Goldstar? I would definitely come with my squaw (said in the most endearing of manners) and camp out in the desert...I have been known to roast a mean (or at least a not very friendly) lamb kabob.

I have a feeling one of these gatherings will come into fruition.

Yahuweh bless you all.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:02:03 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

lets do a fund raiser, and get a private jet with "Yada News - Miqra Machine!" down the side! Then we could fly about picking everyone up for the Miqra! I've played a lot of Microsoft flight simulator in the past, I'm sure I could handle a leer jet ;)
Offline jojocc  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2008 5:56:59 AM(UTC)
jojocc

hmmm, would have to be Goldstar, Macabbee is a little bit to 'American' for me. No offence to the rather large contingent, but Coors, Bud etc tend to be very sweet...

so that's sorted then, roast an animal, drink beer, fly around in expensive tin boxes, sounds great to me ;-)
Offline Mike_Browell  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:55:46 PM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Peace Everyone,
Well, Eliyah of Eliyah.com rents campsites during the miqra's if anyone wants to look into that.... I was thinking of attending that on the next miqra.... But if something better comes up. You know. Oh and, mmm... beer.

Your loving brother,
Michael Browell
Offline bitnet  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:19:20 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Well, well... seems that we do have some interest in having a face2face during the Miqra! I suggest breaking up into zones and volunteers for each zone to determine where is suitable based on incoming suggestions. I volunteer to do the legwork for the Asian region. Who's on my team?

In Yahweh we trust!
bitnet
Offline bitnet  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2008 6:28:56 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello All,

We're one week away from Pesach and I think some of us are preparing ahead of time already. Spring cleaning, getting the yeast and other forms of leavening out of the home, and preparing to face the world for one week without sinning. I trust that we shall be doing the proper thing and with the proper respect for The Sacrifice.

That said, is anyone interested in preparing for the next season? Sukkoth will be upon us soon before we know it. Do we get together then? My offer still stands even though it is almost three months since my last post. We may go to Bali. If you are interested please reply.

Shalom Aleichem