logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Ruchamah  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:30:21 PM(UTC)
Ruchamah

I have done just a cursory review of basic tenets of Islam and RCC and can find VERY LITTLE difference in the two.
For Example:

1. Both Rcc and Islam have a bizarre fascination with *Mary*

2. Both Rcc and Islam are death cults: if they are in control, it is either convert or die

3. Both Rcc and Islam use prayer beads

4. Both Rcc and Islam *change* the Sabbath, etc

5. Both Rcc and Islam are expecting *jesus* to return

6. Both Rcc and Islam are seeking a *world-wide caliphate*

7. Neither Rcc nor Islam allow a member to leave *the faith* (tho Rcc, to silence the critics, has put in place an impossible-to-fulfill system for this: in the end, ONLY the Rcc can determine if the person is *in* or *out*, not the individual)

8. Both Rcc and Islam have a hellish history of bloodshed and terror

Any thoughts? Any additions to the fast-growing list of similarities?

Thanks,
Ruchamah
If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:53:33 PM(UTC)
kp

Cogent observations, Ruchamah. Yada found equally disturbing parallels between Islam and Nazism. Nazism and Communism are so similar as to be indistinguishable apart from the issue of state ownership of industry. A hundred years ago, Alexander Hislop firmly linked Catholicism to the original counterfeit, the Babylonian mystery cult of Nimrod, Semiramis, and Tammuz, the root of hundreds of pagan permutations (or features of them) from Norse legends to Islam, and from Druids to Hindus to Mayans and Aztecs. In the end, if the truth were known, I think we'd find satan to be a pathetic one-trick pony. And the pony's name is Religion.

kp
Offline real  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2008 2:10:48 AM(UTC)
real
Man

Well put, you know Yahweh seems to be far more of a scientist than a cleric ....Imagine that!
Offline real  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2008 8:39:12 AM(UTC)
real
Man

when i was married Istanbul I saw a building that was half mosqe and half catholic church and that kind of says it all!
Offline Mike_Browell  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:52:21 AM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

I've seen evidence in past that the RCC started Islam in order to retake the holy land without force. That sure backfired, eh?
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 7:21:45 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello Mike,

I curious about that evidence that you mentioned. Could you please show it to me? In all my reading, it started with a megalomaniac and did not need the "help" of another religion in their neighbourhood or from across the Med. In fact, my reading leads me to infer otherwise... The rise of Islam against the peoples in the ME was religionised and it "showed-up" Christianity's lack of fervour. The Muslims were most inclined to use the sword to convert and their history records it in their own books. There is no way the Christians could have inspired this religion to take back the holy land without force. What happened is that the Christians were led into a holier-than-thou war which culminated in the Crusades and subsequent wars across the continent to this day. This one-up-manship fervour also led to the spate of religious restrictions that persecute even their own followers. Christianity's pendulum has swung from one end to the other practically "losing control" of its followers but Islam still has a stranglehold on its followers, and still wishes to impose its will upon the others.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.