logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2007 8:25:45 AM(UTC)
Yada

I just heard a nice, simple idea as to how you might organize yourself and get more out of reading Scripture. Here it is: you can work your way through it - cover to cover - simply by using "ribbons." Most come with one or two ribbons but you can also buy more with a kind of thing that slips into the spine. You will need a total of 8 ribbons.

Anyway, it's real easy, just slip one ribbon into each of the following sections:

1. The Torah
2. The "Historical" Books
3. The Prophets
4. Proverbs
5. Psalms
6. The "Gospels"
7. The Epistles
8. The Book of Revelation

After you have done that, your goal is quite simple - to move each one of the 8 ribbons everyday (you can do this by making it your goal to read at least one chapter from each section). If I remember this correctly, if you faithful to this technique, in one year you will be able to get through the "The Old Covenant" twice, and the "Renewed Covenant" 3 times.

The person who came up with this system is Chuck Misler - a graduate of the US Naval Academy who offers a free, featured study via his site. He suggests spending 1 hour each day reading God's Word (he says the best time is when you first get up but you can use spare moments during the day as they present themselves - for example, you are in someone's waiting room, an appointment is late in arriving/cancels, etc.)

I would love to hear from others on the forum how they organize and approach their reading of Scripture.

Edited by user Monday, November 19, 2007 5:03:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline CK  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2007 1:11:18 PM(UTC)
CK

Re. Ribbon method of Scripture readings. I use the ribbon method, but not in the particular order so noted. I'm going to give it a try. I find using connected ribbons to be a very neat and organized way of finding my way around in Scriptures. I mark certain Scriptures in pencil and write in the margins. It helps me find particular passages faster. I'm pretty good at remembering what sefer a verse is in, but I'm lousy at remembering the exact address, so pencil noting the verse and making notes in the margins helps me pin point quickly. If I learn a Hebrew word, I note that in the margin also. I find my friends in Yahuweh like hearing Hebrew words. It's often times like music to their ears. Funny how that works. :-) I read Scriptures every morning for at least an hour. I usually read Scripture related documents/books/internet sites before retiring in the evening, or during the day, if time pertmits. I am intrigued with The Scriptures. I can't get enough of learning Yah's Word. CK
Offline shalom82  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2007 4:46:44 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for that Yada I will have to try that.

For those who are interested the weekly Torah portions and haftorahs are useful for getting through the Torah as well. People could do that specifically for Sabbaths in conjunction with the ribbon method of Mr. Misler's.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.