logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pink Platypus  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 12:10:47 AM(UTC)
Pink Platypus
Australia

I understand that Yahowah's spirit entered Yahowsha at the Jordan but when did Yahowah's soul enter him. Was he born with it? If not whose soul was in the body of Yahowsha? If he was born with it was he not then a diminished manifestation of God from birth. thank you.
Offline Iscaridiot  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 4:56:17 PM(UTC)
Iscaridiot
United States

Does Yahweh have a soul, or is a soul only something which a creation of him would have?
Offline chrud  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 12:42:24 PM(UTC)
chrud

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Yada covered that question several Shabat shows back if I remember correctly.

I would rephrase his answer a bit, but in doing so I might not be entirely correct: I'm thinking that the soul for us is our living essence that holds our nature, our way of reacting to stimulus, our proclivities as it were. I don't know if it holds our experiences and thoughts, likes and dislikes, but it seems like those would influence the soul over time.

I assume that the equivalent of Yahowah's soul is multidimensionally unavailable to our universe, but He could fashion a soul for this universe that would adhere to His own nature or way of reacting. Then I'm sure He would be able to attach that soul to a living being, perhaps still in the womb.

To me, that has an interesting connotation: our own souls are probably not fashioned, then, by Yahowah - at least not in a deliberate sense to affect an outcome. It seems to fit the free will concept to allow souls to form somewhat arbitrarily to see which of those end up choosing Yahowah for a genuine relationship.

Addressing Pink Platypus' other point, although we know that the Set Apart Spirit left Yahowsha before his body died, I wouldn't really put much stock into deriving fact from "new testament" writings.

-chrud