logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline doncarp14  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 9:50:48 AM(UTC)
doncarp14
United States

with regards to dismissing pauls's claims of a "new covenant"--- Yahowsha claims a new covenant in his blood in Matt 26:28 and Luke 22:20......also, with regards to being torah observant, at the jerusalem counci where specifics like circumcision were discussed, didnt the original apostles only say to abstain from idols, blood and sexual immorality as far as teaching the gentiles? no mention of feasts, circumcision, sabbath...etc...I do realize that Paul seems to contradict even the food rules elsewhwere, but the original apostles do not seem concerned with strict torah observence among the gentiles...
Offline REPeet  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 2:35:28 PM(UTC)
REPeet
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
As offensive as ressurecting "old posts" are, the lack of participation on this forum would demand it.

Not all Greek texts have the word kainos (new) included in Matt 26.

So I believe that Matt 26:28 is most accurately rendered as it is in my new favorite Bible translation. The Lexham English Bible.

" for this is my blood of the covenant which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

Now Luke being a Greek historian, compiling a biography in Greek for Greeks, is not what I would call a primary source. What Luke does with the account of "the greatest commandment" tells me everying I need to know about what to do with his testamony. Not that I believe that he is dishonest, just that he is not authoritative. There are many things that he was told that simply aren't true. Many of the statements he heard were made by men who were mistaken, (the Ten Commandments were given by Angels). I do believe he honestly conveyed what he heard, the way he heard it, even if he didn't understand what he was hearing.

The Jerusalem council isn't studied enough. (Luke was most likely not there. He is once again documenting a story from sources. Though I believe that the letter sent by the Jerusalem Council was easily verifible). A delegation from a "gentile" assembly wanted to know how Jewish you had to be, in order to be a follower of the Jewish Messiah of the Hebrew God.

The answer from the Jerusalem Council was to start with four foundational life changes, that would allow them (you) to grow into what other ones our Heavenly Father would lead them (you) in to.

"21 For Moses has those who proclaim him in every city from ancient generations, because he is read aloud in the synagogues on every Sabbath.” Acts 15 LEB

Offline matt  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:41:34 PM(UTC)
matt
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
There is no new covenant, and I'm not sure what purpose rolling around in the errata and miscellanea of the alleged new testament serves. Please check out the latest version of the YY publications and tag along on the Shabbat broadcast.