logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Sheraldo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 11:46:23 AM(UTC)
Sheraldo
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey All,

Can you help me out? I was listening to one of the Shabbat blog talks and heard Yada say that Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing to do with sex because of the word I believe, Yada. He went on to say, and correct me if I am wrong, that God doesn't really care about homosexuality? As long as you don't promote it? Also, is there a better meaning for the verses in Lev 18:22 about man laying with man being an abomination? Can a homosexual be in the Covenant Family?

I have a friend in town who has a daughter that came out gay and it has been such a struggle for him. He loves his daughter more than he loves what the evangelicals are preaching. I think this would be amazing news to share with him since he has now left the church yet still wants to know YHWH.

Thanks for your help if you can make sure I heard correctly.

Sheryl
Offline Bubsy  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 1:42:18 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Yahowah does make clear that He views a man lying with another man, as a man usually lies with a woman - what we call homosexuality today, as an abomination. That means He finds it thoroughly disgusting, and will not allow it into His eternal home. However, it does NOT mean that those who practice it are automatically condemned to She'owl, a.k.a. "Hell", as certain religious people would have everyone believe. Perhaps someone with homosexual tendencies could abandon the lifestyle and set himself apart from it, and become part of the Covenant Family. But it seems amply clear that a practicing homosexual will definitely be excluded.
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.
Offline MadDog  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:21:07 AM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
If you press Yada for an answer he will say that Yah does not approve of homosexuality.
Why? Because it corrupts Yah's intent for a Covenant family.

Yah states that those who engage in homosexuality will die (i.e. not live). Lev. 20:13

The act itself won't condemn anyone to hellfire, but it also won't save you either.

Yada likes to point out that homosexuality didn't make it unto the two stone tablets (but adultery
did) which is what I think Yada means by Yah not caring about the homosexual lifestyle because it
didn't end up on the two stone tablets he wrote with his own finger.

But neither did pedophilia or bestiality.

And as far as "As long as you don't promote it?" that's just Yada's opinion not Yahs. Yah never
says "As long as you don't promote it."

I don't see how an active homosexual can be covenant any more than an active christian
or mooooooooslime can be covenant.

Overall, You should base your judgement on what Yah has to say and with all due respect
to Yada not what he says or feels about it.

http://anintroductiontog...-Mitswah-His_Terms.Torah

Again, before we press on, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the fact that it was adultery, not homosexuality, that was addressed here. That is not to say that God is supportive of homosexual behavior; He isn’t. But it is to say that adultery is of far greater concern to Him. Christians, encapsulated in Pauline Doctrine, are prone to view homosexuality more harshly than adultery, and therefore lash out at homosexuals while ignoring their own behavior. In so doing, they miss the message God is conveying.
Offline Sheraldo  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 12:51:31 AM(UTC)
Sheraldo
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks Busby and MadDog for responding. Just came in here to look around for anything new and was happy to see your responses. Makes sense!

Thank you and Shabat Shalom!

Sheryl
Offline REPeet  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2020 12:55:40 AM(UTC)
REPeet
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Three times in Torah the Father says that "a man lying with another man, as a man usually lies with a woman" is forbidden. Nowhere can you find it written "a woman lying with another woman, as a woman usually lies with a man".

You could argue that "man" in the prohibition is "generic". But God is obviously able to specify "woman" any time he wants to because the word "woman" is in the verse that prohibits male homosexuality.

What really bothers me is that "adding" a female homosexuality prohibition is an "assumption". Aren't we specifically warned "NOT" to add any commandments! I feel like this is another example of "us" thinking that God has "forgotten" something, or somehow it just got "skipped over" because of God's "absent mindedness". Or more interestingly, that "we know what he means".

Do we?

P.S. If you need written cover for the position of prohibiting female homosexuality, you're covered by either the "Oral Torah" or the writings of Paul, if so inclined.
Offline Glitch  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2021 7:38:46 PM(UTC)
Glitch

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'm not convinced that homosexuality condems a soul to destruction. Dowd engaged in sexual behavior that was clearly not consistent with Yah's design of one man and one woman, yet he was considered upright, vindicated and perfect. In Leviticus, eating shellfish and wearing clothing of mixed fabrics was ranked equally as an abomination. I think Leviticus was written as an instruction to the Lowy, in part as a prohibition of the fornications that were practiced in the pagan temples of the day. I also feel that since Yahowah, while in diminished form, was dwelling in the midst of His people, there had to be recompense for uncleanness while existing in close proximity to His perfect nature.

Yahowah created us as flawed beings and He certainly knows this. Sexual pleasure is an instictual need of our biology and nature. Drawing again from Dowd's life experiences, it does not seem that Yahowah is overly obsessed with our human behavior in many aspects. If adultery is as serious as Yah conveys it, then how could Dowd have been so loved by Him? I think this underscores that in referring to adultery, He is talking about spiritual and not marital infidelity.

Yahowah is certainly concerned with our coming to know, understand, and respond to His Covenant terms and conditions. Christians make a big deal about condemning and ostracizing sexual behavior, but I just don't see much evidence that Yah has such a priority.
thanks 2 users thanked Glitch for this useful post.
JenniferY on 9/8/2021(UTC), Sheraldo on 4/9/2022(UTC)
Offline InHisName  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2022 11:08:23 AM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Throughout my life working in retail, I have had many relationships with homosexuals (and others). Frankly, at that time in my life I was no closer to Yah than they were. I found His path and was saved from the many pitfalls of living. I believe anyone who begins the journey walking to Yah will soon after find Him walking along side. Other than the two tablets, I don't know of any place that 'sins' are rated/ordered.

I think it would be hard for homosexuals to even step onto His Path, given the torment the religious world has caused them. Shalown to those that do.

Allen
thanks 1 user thanked InHisName for this useful post.
Sheraldo on 4/9/2022(UTC)
Offline baskinlisa  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2022 3:08:41 PM(UTC)
baskinlisa

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yada has been clear that when Yahowah refers to adultry, imorality he is not referring to what one does with their body. Sodom and Gomorrah were full of depravity, sex was not the issue. Yahowah requires exclusivity in the relationship, not sexual. Yahowah hates when someone "cheats" on Him with other religion, politics, military and conspiracy. There is only one statement that separates us, that is hiding His name. Homosexuality does not preclude anyone from being a part of His Covenant, the issue is that frequently homosexuality is tied to the religion of human secularism. It becomes a religion, political aspects are usually present. The issue in that circumstance is not the act of being homosexual, it is the side effect that occurs of being religious about it.
For more information: "God did not tell men and women that they could not have sex with multiple partners, He did not tell us that we ought not have more than one spouse. He did not even tell us that we shouldn’t have an affair with an unmarried man or woman. He neither encouraged nor discouraged such 84things. This Instruction was not about promiscuity, monogamy, or sexuality. It is about not cheating ourselves by worshiping other gods. And while that may sound strange to modern ears, keep in mind that for most of man’s history, religion was a highly erotic experience, replete with temple prostitutes. Women seduced men into worshiping their gods.

Furthermore, it was religious impropriety, not homosexuality, which was addressed here. And while that must be a shock to conservative Christians who relish condemning homosexuals in the name of their god, what I am about to say will likely send them away kicking and screaming. Yahowah had little if anything to say about homosexuality. There is not even a word for “homosexual” in the Hebrew lexicon.

There are only two statements in the whole of the Towrah that address the issue of men being with other men, or at least with boys. And while neither speaks of sex, the intended meaning behind both requires a bit of investigative etymology because they are challenging to translate." An Intro to God, Volume II, Mitswah - Instructions pg 84. This can be found also at http://yadayahowah.davidsgod.com/ and you can search under homosexually.
thanks 1 user thanked baskinlisa for this useful post.
Sheraldo on 4/9/2022(UTC)