logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Joseph  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 6:45:29 AM(UTC)
Joseph
Man

I have great difficulty with the challenge presented in Mark 13, 24 and 27. Reading this bit of Scripture all but screams "Post-Trib" and it seems to be one of the cornerstones upon which its advocates build their case. Can anybody help me answer this challenge successfully?
Offline Jim  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 9:21:12 AM(UTC)
Jim
Man

Joseph,
My personal view is that of a "pre-wrath" rapture which this verse and many others support. This view does not negate the significance of timing relative to the miqra's but does not support a rapture event prior to any of the seals being broken. Ken makes a significantly different case for a "pre-trib" rapture and I am actually re-reading FH to eaxamine his evidence for such. (I greatly value everything else I have read from him and it is illogical to toss out something he has diligently researched just based on my prior studies.)

IMHO, I found it difficult to support a snatching away of believers significantly in advance of the sixth seal. Everything else points to an event (sign in the sun moon and stars) matching the sixth seal. Shortly after we see the 144,000 sealed, a gathering no man could count from every nation then the seventh seal initiating the process for Yahweh's wrath (trumpets and bowls). Other things that don't figure into a pre-first seal rapture by observation: Why didn't Yahushau talk about an event prior to the one He described in the Olivet Discourse and the Temple Discourse when his disciples asked him point blank about these things? Why didn't Yahushua discuss a prio event in detail as he did every other event in Revelation? These things don't add up.

You have to ask, "What about the description of the ekklesia in Phildelphia being kept from what was to come?" Frankly, either side of the coin has to assume something. Is "being kept from" a prior snatching away or is it physical protection? Either view can want it to say what supports their view but neither have enough ground to stand on there.

Jim

Edit:

Swalchy,
I've read what Yada says about us and Angels explorering time and space but it just doesn't make sense. I guarantee the first thing I want to do is hang around the throne and be in His presence after all we have been through down here. I would also want to stick around and watch His plans unfold not go off exploring when I can do that later (so to speak from a time perspective). ;)

The puzzle for the sequence of events just isn't that complicated to need to fit in a pre-first seal gathering and then expect us to flit about when everything of importance to include in prophetic scripture is about to happen.
Jim

Edit #2:
BTW: I wouldn't mind being wrong about this mind you!

Edited by user Saturday, November 3, 2007 4:29:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 10:59:04 AM(UTC)
kp

Let's review the actual text of Revelation 3:10. "Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth." Jim asks (rhetorically): "Is 'being kept from' a prior snatching away or is it physical protection?" First, the Greek word rendered "from" is ek, which means "out of." I'm having a hard time figuring out how believers the world over, living in a time of war (nuclear and otherwise), drought, plague, famine, unprecedented political and financial pressure, and persecution directed specifically at them (along with the Jews) could be "kept out of the hour of trial" without being physically removed from the scene. Let's face it: a nuclear bomb is very democratic. The purpose (stated here) of the Tribulation is to "test those who dwell on the earth." So if believers have not been taken out, they are still, by definition, dwelling on the earth---and thus are subject to testing---something the Philadelphia believers are specifically said to have escaped. The idea of a bunch of believers, having miraculously emerged unscathed from a nuclear blast in, say, downtown Orlando, saying they had been "kept out of the hour of trial" is a stretch I just can't make. These hypothetical believers may have escaped being roasted extra crispy, but they can't say they've escaped the trial.

And then there's the inconvenient little fact that the "physical protection" you theorize is a myth. Believers during the Tribulation will not be protected. They will be martyred by the millions. Note John's words: "When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed." (Revelation 6:9-11) Then compare that to this: "After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, 'Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!'...Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?...These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." Revelation 7:9-10, 13-14)

There's only one possible solution: the "Philadelphian" believers are not there at all. They have been kept out of the trial. These martyrs, rather, are post-Philadelphian believers: repentant Laodiceans, if you will, people who have come to faith after the rapture.

kp
Offline Jim  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 1:06:32 PM(UTC)
Jim
Man

KP,
Yes, based on my position, you could say the question is rhetorical. We all come from some basis of understanding or belief so even if we ask a binomial question we may be begging the answer just by serving up the question. I could have also suggested spriritual protection as well.

Multiple assumptions here. 1) It is not likely Philadelphian believers could survive through those things described in the first five seals. The first two "World Wars" were far from global yet were substantial enough conflicts to be described as world wars. Even if the pending conflicts are more substantial than the combination of WWI and WWII (highly likely they will) there is plenty of opportunity for Yahuweh to do what he has done before and make a way. (This is really the point, btw.) 2) Prolific nuke use before the trumpets and bowls. There is no indication that nukes will be involved within the first five seals. Post that time, there are pretty convincing descriptions for massive deployments. (Not discounting possible isolated usage which would cause escalation as described later) 3)Nukes are part of the "testing". You can't really "pass" (yes, they are quite democratic) so where's the test. 4) That I am saying all self proclaimed Christians are Philadelphian. No way. How else would there be a test of those who dwell on earth or for there to be a great falling away from the faith. Even with the "ek" being "out of" it is not indicative of a preliminary removal from the planet.

Both you and Yada have described that we all get garmets of light (white robes), not just those who were killed. As you noted, there was "a great multitude which no one could number". I guarantee it would be a simple thing for Yahushua to reveal a number for the "number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed" since that number had to be completed by His own words (Admittedly, not a strong argument). However, it would, by necessity, be a far more finite number than a gathering of all believers who were raptured. So what is more likely about John's description in Revelatio 7:9-10; A) tribulation martyers as "a great multitude which no one could number" when he just described them as "the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held" and who were waiting for their number to completed or B) the universal set of raptured believers? (KP, I'm not trying to be rhetorical but sincere with this question)
Jim

Edit:

Joseph,
After I answered KP's response, I realized I owe you an apology. I sidetracked your thread with a rebuttle rather than start a new one. That was rude and I should have been more thoughtful of your intent. KP may answer my post but if I need to reply or answer something, I'll start a new thread and reference this one.
Please forgive me.
Jim

Edited by user Saturday, November 3, 2007 4:28:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2007 6:03:14 PM(UTC)
kp

Jim, one would have to write a book to track down all the facts in detail (oops, I already did that). But let me attempt to answer a few of your points. In your "assumptions" paragraph, I sense that you see the seals as a group coming first chronologically, being followed by the trumpets, and the trumpets in turn followed by the bowls. I realize many evangelicals hold this view. But it doesn't hold water. For instance, the sixth seal is clearly describing the end, including the arrival of the Lamb. But only after this (if the linear theory were correct) do the nuclear war (Trumpet #1), the releasing of the demons from the abyss (Trumpet #5), the foul sores on the Mark recipients (Bowl #1), and the drying up of the Euphrates for the Asian hordes (Bowl #5), and quite a few other Tribulation milestones take place. This makes no sense at all. For that matter, the same "big-one" earthquake is described in the sixth seal, the seventh trumpet, and the seventh bowl judgments. The three series are layers, levels of prophetic detail, not a linear progression. The nuclear war is included in the second seal's warfare and its aftermath. To suggest that either (1) believers will be miraculously spared the nuclear holocaust over one third of the earth, or that (2) "Even with the "ek" being "out of" it is not indicative of a preliminary removal from the planet" is to rob the words of all meaning. As for "passing the test," see below.

As for your "garments of light" question, John himself answers it. It cannot be the "universal set of raptured believers" the Post-Trib position demands, for the simple reason that in verse 14 the angel describes them as "the ones who come out of the great tribulation..." whereas the rapture includes the saints from the entire age of the ekklesia, and possibly the OC saints as well. The post-trib position falls apart at ever turn. It subjects believers to the wrath of God (something that is specifically ruled out), and it saddles them with a salvation by works scenario (refusal to take the mark of the beast---which in reality is the test of Revelation 3:10 from which the Philadelphians are spared).

kp
Offline gammafighter  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:16:45 PM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

Quote:
one would have to write a book to track down all the facts in detail (oops, I already did that)

haha

I love you kp.
User is suspended until 4/7/2030 11:52:02 PM(UTC) YahWarrior  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 5:14:38 PM(UTC)
YahWarrior
Man

Interesting thread regarding the 'rapture'. Here is a little food for thought. Something too many people miss regarding the LAST TRUMPET and the TWO RESURRECTIONS.

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Co 15:52

But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound (the last trumpet), the mystery of Elohim should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Rev 10:7

In the Book of Revelation 8:2 we read, And I saw the seven angels which stood before Elohim; and to them were given seven trumpets.

Rev 8:2

Therefore the seventh trumpet would be the LAST TRUMPET!

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Messiah; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev 11:15

Does the Lord establish His kingdom

BEFORE THE TRIBULATION?

or

AFTER IT?

When you see these things, hopefully we will no longer be confused about the timing of the

TRIBULATION

and the

RAPTURE.

THERE ARE ONLY TWO RESURRECTIONS - not THREE.

TWO RESURRECTIONS

1. THE RESURRECTION OF LIFE,

(which includes the rapture of the saints)

AND

2. THE RESURRECTION OF DAMNATION

KEEP IN MIND ALL OF THIS IS AFTER THE TRIBULATION

More here http://www.worldwidewarriors.org/RAPTURE%20LIE.htm

Yah BLess!

YahWarrior
Harry

Edited by user Tuesday, December 4, 2007 9:39:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline coleridge  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 8:45:41 AM(UTC)
coleridge

Yahwarrior.... just asking a quick question. do you use "lord" as an acceptable title for YHWH? i was just asking based on somethings i found on your site
let YHWH be true, and every man a liar
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:09:25 PM(UTC)
YahWarrior
Man

Good question coleridge. That website has been up and running for a number of years and had lots of pages and articles. During that time I discovered the truth of the pagan names and titles and have been slowly changing them as I re-read and edit the articles I wrote. At the bottom of the home page is this note. In fact I have taken down lots of articles previously written as I haven't had the time to revise them all.

Quote:
This site is currently going through extensive revisions,

removing the pagan names and titles of Yah Elohim and some non-essential topics.

Gaps and mistakes in some of the text will be corrected in time.

On the articles I wrote I feel that I can change old pagan names and titles, but when I qoute others or display what they have written in part or in its entirety I feel that it is not appropriate to change what others have written. So as they say WYSIWYG. :)

Also, as you probably already know 'old habits can die hard' and to be honest when I am talking to unenligthened believers I will use old titles and names until I can establish the truth in their minds slowly and purposely bringing them over to the truth.

The interesting thing I have found is that the unsaved are more responsive to the truth than the christians. To the unsaved anything tainted with 'church' and 'Jesus' smacks of charlatanism and fraud, the false prophets and evangelist having tainted those names through their actions. We know this is the result of the bad tree and its bad fruit.

I am of the belief, and I have seen it emerging already that the old cloth of Churchianity is becoming jealous of the new cloth of truth. I also beleive that Yah will back His sacred name up with power and signs that are real.

When the remnant that is currently being born of a virgin mother (Ruach Ha Kadosh) who is mysteriously clothed with the sun, moon, and stars (Churchianity) fully emerges into the full light of day the old cloth will hate the new and like John the Revelator has shown the Dragon will seek to make war with the remnant and try to devour the manchild. This will bring about a persecution of the Man Child Remnant by the Babylon Church who rides upon the Beast system of Mammon.

Hey any comments on the LAST TRUMPET point I raised in my previous post regarding the timing of the Rapture?

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2007 4:24:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline coleridge  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 5:42:20 AM(UTC)
coleridge

thanks for clearing that up for me! you're a great asset to the kingdom! keep up your good work!
let YHWH be true, and every man a liar
Offline kp  
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 12:03:46 PM(UTC)
kp

YahWarrior writes: "Hey any comments on the LAST TRUMPET point I raised in my previous post regarding the timing of the Rapture?"

Okay, I'll bite. The rapture concerns the ekklesia, the out-calling of Yahshua, while the events of the Tribulation concern Israel (being the last "week" of the Daniel 9 prophecy. The "last trumpet," then, heralds the end of the age of the ekklesia. It's the last prophesied event before Yahweh switches His focus back to Israel. The post-trib-rapture theory has more holes than Bonnie and Clyde's getaway car. Here's a Q&A I wrote on the subject that addresses a few of the really damning problems:

Q. Isn’t the seventh trumpet spoken of in Revelation 11:15 the same thing as the “last trumpet” that signals the rapture?

A. No. Although post-Tribulation rapture advocates equate these two “trumpets,” there are several insurmountable logistical problems with the theory. Let’s look at the “seventh trumpet” passage: “Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!” And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God…” (Revelation 11:15-16) The angel is announcing a political transfer of power on earth. That will happen, of course, when Yahshua’s Millennial Kingdom is inaugurated, as prophesied in the Torah, with the Feast of Tabernacles—the last of the seven mow’ed miqra, or appointed convocations. However, the Feasts of Yahweh must be fulfilled in order (as demonstrated by the history of the first four). The rapture is prophesied in the Feast of Trumpets—the next miqra in line—which comes before the Day of Atonement (foretelling Israel’s acceptance of her Messiah), which in turn precedes the Feast of Tabernacles—celebrating “the kingdoms of this world [becoming] the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ.” Thus the seventh trumpet of Revelation cannot be the “last trumpet” of I Corinthians 15:52. Note also that the twenty-four elders (which represent the Church-age saints as well as those of Israel) are already in heaven in God’s presence when the seventh angel sounds.

The post-trib rapture theory runs afoul of logistics at every turn. The timeline put forth in II Thessalonians 2:1-8 requires that the Holy Spirit (“He who restrains lawlessness”) be “taken out of the way” before the Antichrist is revealed—an event defined by his “confirmation of a covenant with many” (Daniel 9:27) which in turn must precede Christ’s coming in glory to set up His Kingdom (which, as we just saw, will happen at the Feast of Tabernacles). But the Holy Spirit dwells within the believers of the Church age. In other words, the Spirit can’t be “taken out of the way” without taking out the living believers as well—not without breaking the promise Yahshua made in John 14:16: “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever.” And then there’s the little matter of the promise made to the Church at Philadelphia: “Because you have kept my command to persevere, I also will keep you from [Greek ek, literally, “out of”] the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.” (Revelation 3:10) Somebody is going to escape the “hour of trial.” But if the rapture doesn’t occur until the end of the Tribulation, all the living mortals will have gone through it—none will have been kept out of it.

kp
#12 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2007 5:03:53 PM(UTC)
YahWarrior
Man

Quote:
John 14:16: “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever.” And then there’s the little matter of the promise made to the Church at Philadelphia: “Because you have kept my command to persevere, I also will keep you from [Greek ek, literally, “out of”] the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.” (Revelation 3:10) Somebody is going to escape the “hour of trial.” But if the rapture doesn’t occur until the end of the Tribulation, all the living mortals will have gone through it—none will have been kept out of it.

Perhaps the proper interpretation of being kept out of the hour of trial is more accurately protrayed as passing through the hour of trial as other numbers of people had done so in scripture. Although, in scripture and in the extrabiblical manuscript Jubiless (if I recall correctly) there are three references to individuals being taken up or raptured - Enoch is the first, then EliYah, and finally Yahshua. Yahshua Himself was kept out of His first hour of trial that threatened His early death by Herod's sword, His parents being instructed by the angel to flee to the wilderness and to Egypt. There is no doubt that a rapture will occur at some time. The $60,000 question is of course, when?

Yet when it comes to numbers of peoples, not single individuals, whether a few or a multitude of millions, being kept “out of” the hour of trial, we see the people protected 'through' the trial.

8 individuals were protected and carried through the trial of flood on the ark of Noah when Yah brought judgment to the world.

Righteous Lot and family were protected and led out of Sodom, yet both the wicked cities were destroyed whilst Lot and company were led out and escaped the hour of trial.

Moshe led the multitude through the trial that came upon Egypt, a type of the world, Egypt suffering judgments which were similar to the judgments in Revelation, then again leading them through the wilderness, again a pre-type of the wilderness the remnant is led into in Revelation, also threathened with early death, yet preserved through the trial.

Quote:
Rev 12:14 And the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, to fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
Rev 12:15 And out of his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river after the woman, to cause her to be swept away by the river.
Rev 12:16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.
Rev 12:17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to fight with the remnant of her seed, those guarding the commands of Elohim and possessing the witness of Yahshua Messiah.

I think being kept out of the hour of trial could also mean being preserved through it.

Yah Bless!

YahWarrior
Harry
Offline kp  
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2007 4:31:03 AM(UTC)
kp

Being kept "out of" the trial is not remotely the same as being preserved "through it." The 144,000, being sealed by Yahshua, will be preserved through the Tribulation, but it is abundantly clear that "a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues" (seen in heaven during the sixth seal) will be martyred (their martyrdom is made clear in Rev 7:14) for their faith during the Great Unpleasantness. How can you equate that with "being preserved through" it? Words gotta mean something. Note that they have "washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." This specifically identifies them as the ekklesia of repentant Laodicea, who were instructed to do that very thing in Rev 3:18. The Philadelphians, on the other hand, were commended for already having "kept Yahshua's command to persevere" (3:10). For them, no such admonition was needed.

Noah was preserved through the flood, but he's not a type of the raptured ekklesia, but rather a type of the nation of Israel, who will indeed be preserved through their trial (called, not coincidentally, "the time of Jacob's trouble"). In this context, the raptured party is Enoch, who left this mortal coil well before the flood. Confusion will run rampant if you confuse the role and destiny of Israel with that of the ekklesia. Yahweh loves both, but they're not the same thing. The Revelation 12 passage concerns Israel (the woman), and "the remnant of her seed," once again, is the Laodicean believers who have so recently come to faith--explaining their persecution by the antichrist.

And Lot? To be preserved through the conflagration of Sodom, he would have had to stay in town while the brimstone was falling. But no, he was snatched, caught up, forcibly removed (action that would be described in Greek as harpazo---"raptured") from the city before judgment fell.

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2007 6:47:50 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would have to agree with KP on this one, there is too much focus on Israel being "preserved" - but believers who have have come to Yah during the trib seem to be getting their heads removed from their bodies... in general there is too much evidence for a pre-trib harvest, and knowing Yah, it just makes logical sense.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
#15 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2007 11:07:31 AM(UTC)
YahWarrior
Man

Like most of these doctrines that cannot be established beyond a shadow of a doubt persons of fixed opinions will always see things from their point of view. Including me. Although I try hard to keep an open mind and study anything that might challenge my precepts formerly learned. Most of these opnions of the 'rapture' are based on a fixed desire to 'wish' it was a certain way. It is always more exciting to think we will miss the Tribulation than to have to go through it. No one really wants to be martyred, even if there is a glorious crown awaiting. I can respect that and recognize that all beleivers can have their own particular opinion on what one could call a non-essential doctrine. It really doesn't matter who is right or who is wrong on this question. Yah knows the day and hour of such things. We on the other hand see through a glass darkly, as Shaul (Paul) said. Whatever is the correct position, one thing is for sure. We are soon going to find out. I would be dissapointed to have beleived in a Pre-Trib Rapture only to find myself in the middle of it. I personally think many folks will become shipwrecked from the disappointment.

Quote:
Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Shalom, and Yah Bless!

YahWarrior
Harry
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2007 6:44:21 AM(UTC)
YahWarrior
Man

Quote:
based on a fixed desire to 'wish' it was a certain way.

I also2504 will keep5083 thee4571 from1537 the3588 hour5610 of temptation,3986

G5083
τηρέω
tēreō
tay-reh'-o
From τηρός teros (a watch; perhaps akin to G2334); to guard (from loss or injury, properly by keeping the eye upon; and thus differing from G5442, which is properly to prevent escaping; and from G2892, which implies a fortress or full military lines of apparatus), that is, to note (a prophecy; figuratively to fulfil a command); by implication to detain (in custody; figuratively to maintain); by extension to withhold (for personal ends; figuratively to keep unmarried): - hold fast, keep (-er), (ob-, pre-, re) serve, watch.

G1537
ἐκ, ἐξ
ek ex
ek, ex
A primary preposition denoting origin (the point whence motion or action proceeds), from, out (of place, time or cause; literally or figuratively; direct or remote): - after, among, X are, at betwixt (-yond), by (the means of), exceedingly, (+ abundantly above), for (-th), from (among, forth, up), + grudgingly, + heartily, X heavenly, X hereby, + very highly, in, . . . ly, (because, by reason) of, off (from), on, out among (from, of), over, since, X thenceforth, through, X unto, X vehemently, with (-out). Often used in composition, with the same general import; often of completion.

G5610
ὥρα
hōra
ho'-rah
Apparently a primary word; an “hour” (literally or figuratively): - day, hour, instant, season, X short, [even-] tide, (high) time.

G3986
πειρασμός
peirasmos
pi-ras-mos'
From G3985; a putting to proof (by experiment [of good], experience [of evil], solicitation, discipline or provocation); by implication adversity: - temptation, X try.

G3985
πειράζω
peirazō
pi-rad'-zo
From G3984; to test (objectively), that is, endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline: - assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt (-er), try.

Act 14:22 strengthening the beings of the taught ones, encouraging them to continue in the belief, and that through many pressures we have to enter the reign of Elohim.

G2347
θλίψις
thlipsis
thlip'-sis
From G2346; pressure (literally or figuratively): - afflicted, (-tion), anguish, burdened, persecution, tribulation, trouble.

Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.
Rev 12:14 And the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, to fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
Rev 12:15 And out of his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river after the woman, to cause her to be swept away by the river.
Rev 12:16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.
Rev 12:17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to fight with the remnant of her seed, those guarding the commands of Elohim and possessing the witness of יהושע Messiah.

G1093
γῆ
gē
ghay
Contracted from a primary word; soil; by extension a region, or the solid part or the whole of the terrene globe (including the occupants in each application): - country, earth (-ly), ground, land, world.

It seems that the Man Child Remnant will be on the Earth during the second half of the tribulation.

We shall agree to disagree.

Yah Bless!

YahWarrior
Harry

Edited by user Sunday, December 9, 2007 9:03:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kp  
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2007 5:15:44 PM(UTC)
kp

You're missing the point, YW. Nobody's saying there won't be people coming to faith during the Tribulation, and its clear that some of 'em will even make it all the way through it (after all, somebody's got to populate the Millennial kingdom besides the redeemed remnant of Israel---the nations are a big part of life in the Kingdom, paying homage to King Yahshua in Zion). All we pre-tribbers are saying is that the ekklesia of Philadelphia won't be among them. You may disagree on that point, but when you're eventually proven wrong, please don't refuse on principle to come with us. :-)

kp
Offline Matthew  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2007 6:33:45 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
YahWarrior wrote:

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Co 15:52

But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound (the last trumpet), the mystery of Elohim should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Rev 10:7

I also came across this "last trumpet" in 1 Cor 15:52 and assumed it would gel with the seventh trumpet blast as mentioned in Rev 10:7 and 11:15. However, the following quote for chapter 8 of FH seems to help clarify the issue:

Future History - chapter 8 - Getting All Caught Up - kp wrote:

The shofar is blown one hundred times during the Feast of Trumpets, using four distinct types of sounds. The tekiah is a long, continuous blast signifying joy and contentment. Three shorter blasts is called the shevarim, and breaking that into three sets of triplets, or nine staccato notes, is known as the truah. These three blasts are repeated throughout the festival, but at the very end comes the tekiah gedolah, or "great blast"--the last trumpet. Sound familiar? "We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed--in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet."

And then if we couple that explanation with kp's quote from this forum topic we should come to the conclusion that the Rapture is Pre-Trib.

kp wrote:

Noah was preserved through the flood, but he's not a type of the raptured ekklesia, but rather a type of the nation of Israel, who will indeed be preserved through their trial (called, not coincidentally, "the time of Jacob's trouble"). In this context, the raptured party is Enoch, who left this mortal coil well before the flood. Confusion will run rampant if you confuse the role and destiny of Israel with that of the ekklesia. Yahweh loves both, but they're not the same thing. The Revelation 12 passage concerns Israel (the woman), and "the remnant of her seed," once again, is the Laodicean believers who have so recently come to faith--explaining their persecution by the antichrist.

We need to make sure we understand the different roles of the ekklesia and Israel (as a nation). This description of Enoch and Noah has really helped me understand more concerning the different roles.

Concerning the trumpet blast: Does Israel today still practice that same 100 blast tradition?
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2007 9:00:10 PM(UTC)
YahWarrior
Man

Quote:
All we pre-tribbers are saying is that the ekklesia of Philadelphia won't be among them. You may disagree on that point, but when you're eventually proven wrong, please don't refuse on principle to come with us. :-)

Please Yah prove me wrong! I could wish for nothing more than to hurry up and get off this rock to be with Yah in the air. That would be great. So I would have nothing to lose if I believe that there is no Pre-trib rapture, as I would go up anyway if I was wrong, for Yah doesn't give us a test on the Rapture to see if we are selected to go. To only requirement is to be filled with His Set Apart Spirit, for it is the Spirit that will cause us to be translated - whether pre or post.

But.... if it is the other way, and is post trib, I want to be prepared. If so, those who believed in pre-trib will probably go through a crisis of faith, with some falling away.

Yah Bless and Yah Maranatha!

YahWarrior
Harry
Offline jojocc  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:17:30 AM(UTC)
jojocc

It would be arrogant to say that we know when the rapture will be, however there are many clued that can lead us to the high probability that it is pre-trib. Much more importantly, if one has faith in the rapture and not YHWH, one probably won't be raptured anyway. If one has faith in YHWH, one simply has to say, 'oh dear' and get on with it...

Please don't forget, YHWH chooses his people, if one's name is not written in the book of life, there is nothing one can do :-)
Offline Matthew  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:21:34 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

jojocc wrote:
Much more importantly, if one has faith in the rapture and not YHWH, one probably won't be raptured anyway. If one has faith in YHWH, one simply has to say, 'oh dear' and get on with it...

The pre-tribulation Rapture puts more earnestness on the task at hand, to share the Good News. And, obviously, to grow in our relationships with Yahweh. Instead of faith in the Rapture we believe Yahweh to reveal such an event through Scripture. In my personal opinion, if I'm wrong concerning the Rapture then it's just a matter of reexamining Scripture to see where I went wrong and then to get the correct interpretation, but that it why I'm studying it now from as many different angles as I can see. It would help readers of this topic to also read the topic It doesn't seem to make sense..., also found under the topic heading of No one knows the date, nor the hour....

2 Thessalonians 2:1-9 "As to the coming of our Master Yahshua Messiah and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, brothers, not to become easily unsettled in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by the word or by the letter, as if from us, as if the day of Yahweh has come. Let no one deceive you in any way, because the falling away is to come first, and the man of lawlessness is to be revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called Elohim or that is worshiped, so that he sits as Elohim in the Dwelling Place of Elohim, showing himself that he is Elohim. Do you remember that I told you this while I was still with you? And now you know what restrains, for him to be revealed in his time. For the secret of lawlessness is already at work - only until he who now restrains is taken out of the midst. And then the lawless one shall be revealed, whom the Master shall consume with the Spirit of His mouth and bring to naught with the manifestation of His coming."

The above passage, more specifically the last two sentences, says the Spirit (he who restrains) comes out of the midst before the Anti-Messiah is revealed.

What is meant by the "falling away is to come first"? Is this to happen after or before Spirit has been taken out? There is a great falling away at present but I think there would be a greater falling away of those missing the boat. In other words these were the ones didn't take Elohim seriously and called themselves Christians on their country's census form but were never filled with the Spirit.

Pre-tribulation holds more water than the post-tribulation theory. Post tribulation believers are courageous though, it's as if they want to go through the end time battles, they feel disappointed that they might not get the opportunity to face the temptation of receiving the mark of the beast or having their heads chopped off instead. That's facing one serious test/temptation/trial.

Matthew 25:13 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour."
Offline kp  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:19:30 PM(UTC)
kp

When I was researching Future History, I came to the epiphany (though I can't guarantee I'm right) that the specific "trial" Yahshua referred to in Rev 3:10 is being faced with the lose-lose scenario of the Mark of the Beast. This, by all indicators, will be instituted around the mid-point of the Tribulation, subsequent to the abomination of desolation. Thus by this one indicator, a post-trib rapture is impossible, though a mid-trib rapture is not ruled out. But a mid-trib rapture scenario ignores the "unexpected" aspect that is required of the rapture. And it totally throws out the "Feast of Trumpets" tie-in. If my timeline is correct (counting backward from the Feast of Tabernacles, 2033), the abomination of desolation will occur on March 28, 2030---totally the wrong time of year.

As far as the "falling away" (Gk: apostasia) is concerned, yes, we are seeing "apostasy" today as never before (or so it seems). But even now, it is not complete. There is still a believing remnant. But reverse engineer the pre-trib rapture scenario: by definition, the aftermath of the rapture would render total apostasy---falling away from God's truth---a fait accompli in the earth.

And finally YahWarrior, I wouldn't worry about being "prepared," just in case. They're going to be killing guys like us in the streets long before the abomination of desolation. (That is, if the nukes don't get us first.) We're "religious terrorists," don't you know? The temerity of suggesting that we all need a Savior---well, it's downright antisocial! :-)

kp
Offline Matthew  
#23 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 7:06:31 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Moving on...

Originally Posted by: The Owner' Go to Quoted Post
(444) A kohein shall not enter the Sanctuary with disheveled hair. "Do not uncover your heads nor tear your clothes, lest you die, and wrath come upon all the people." (Leviticus 10:6) I’m not going to bother addressing the issue of whether the original Hebrew text is talking about disheveled hair or merely an uncovered head. There is a far greater scriptural crisis here--one the rabbis habitually employ with reckless abandon: taking God’s Word out of context. Leviticus 10 is the record of the sin of Aaron’s two sons, Nadab and Abihu, who showed their contempt for Yahweh’s instructions by trying to invent a look-alike religion. "Each took his censer and put fire in it, put incense on it, and offered profane fire before Yahweh, which He had not commanded them. So fire went out from Yahweh and devoured them, and they died before Yahweh. And Moses said to Aaron, ‘This is what Yahweh spoke, saying: "By those who come near Me I must be regarded as holy; and before all the people I must be glorified."’" (Leviticus 10:1-3) Moses then informed his brother of the hard reality: because he was the High Priest, it would be improper for Aaron to publicly mourn for his two sons (the crux of verse 6), for to do so would be to characterize Yahweh as evil for requiring holiness of His priests. Remember, the High Priest is symbolic of the Messiah, who would someday rule the earth with a scepter of iron. The people, however, were encouraged to lament the passing of Nadab and Abihu--presumably while bewailing the stupidity of their sin--knowing that they too were flawed and foolish. The bottom line: Maimonides was totally clueless in identifying this as a general precept governing priestly grooming.

(445) A kohein shall not enter the Sanctuary with torn garments. "Do not uncover your heads nor tear your clothes, lest you die, and wrath come upon all the people." (Leviticus 10:6) Same verse, same story. The application for today’s believers should not be overlooked, of course. Yahshua our High Priest will not mourn our passing if our contempt for the Word of God is what got us killed. Yahweh’s judgments are always just. Although instances of His personal wrath (as with Nadab and Abihu) have been rare of late, don’t get complacent: all of that is about to change. The Day of Yahweh’s wrath is approaching like a freight train. If we characterize Yahweh’s justice as unfair, we will be walking into a politically correct death trap: "...lest you die, and wrath come upon all the people."

(446) The kohein shall not leave the Courtyard of the Sanctuary during service. "You shall not go out from the door of the tabernacle of meeting, lest you die, for the anointing oil of Yahweh is upon you." (Leviticus 10:7) We haven’t changed subjects. We’re still talking about the priests’ proper reaction to God’s wrath upon those who would usurp His authority through the practice of religion. One upon whom is the oil of anointing--meatphorical of Christ and the Holy Spirit (see Mitzvah #436)--must not (indeed, cannot) leave the tabernacle, which illustrates Yahweh’s plan of redemption. That’s why it’s called the "tabernacle of meeting"--it’s where we meet God.

Is it just me, or do you too hear echoes of the rapture and subsequent Tribulation here? God’s anointed (that’s us) are to be kept out of the coming wrath by remaining at the tabernacle of meeting (where Christ is). And we will not mourn the fate of those who have chosen to be God’s enemies. But do you remember what I said about the "people" mourning for the blasphemous Nadab and Abihu? In this sense, those left behind--those not standing at the sanctuary--will surely weep bitterly when God’s wrath falls upon those whose plan was to lead them astray.

I came across the above passage in TOM and find it quite revealing in regards to Rapture confirmation. Yahweh remains consistent throughout His Word.
Offline Matthew  
#24 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:52:18 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

To restart the post!

What about 1 Peter 1:3-7? Post-trib advocates use this to say we'll pass through the Trib in order to be refined, therefore we'll face the trial of the Tribulation according to them. They focus on the last part of "at the revelation of Yahshua Messiah."

"Blessed be the Elohim and Father of our Master Yahshua Messiah, who according to His great compassion has caused us to be born again to a living expectation through the resurrection of Yahshua Messiah from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and unfading, having been kept in the heavens for you, who are protected by the power of Elohim through belief, for a deliverance ready to be revealed in the last time, in which you exult, even though for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by manifold trials, in order that the proving of your belief – much more precious than gold that perishes, and proven by fire – might be found to result in praise and respect and esteem at the revelation of Yahshua Messiah, whom having not seen, you love; in whom you exult with unspeakable and esteemed joy, yet not seeing, but believing, obtaining the goal of your belief: a deliverance of lives."
Offline kp  
#25 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:21:25 AM(UTC)
kp

Boy, talk about grasping at straws! They're saying that because we enjoy "a deliverance ready to be revealed in the last time," we can't be delivered until the end of the Tribulation? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why not at the end of the Millennium? That's even later, so surely it must be the "last time" of which the Apostle speaks. Good grief. As usual, you've gotta look at what was actually said: we're already delivered, but the fact of our deliverance won't be revealed until the "last time." This has absolutely nothing to do with the rapture, but with our living in "stealth mode" within the world in our mortal state, enduring trials and proving (i.e., refining through testing) our belief until such time as our Savior chooses to unveil us as we actually are: inheritors of eternal life, "uncorruptible, undefiled, and unfading."

kp
Offline Matthew  
#26 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 11:08:51 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Continuing:

“And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, ‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God. Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’” (Revelation 3:1-6)

Does the phrase of "I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you" have any connection to the Rapture? This seems strange at it is associated with the Church of Sardis. Does the era of Sardis overlap with the Church of Philadelphia in any way?
Offline kp  
#27 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 6:37:54 PM(UTC)
kp

Yeah, Matthew, there are representatives of all seven "churches" in the world today, even the ones that have had their heyday (so to speak) and have partially faded off the scene. Philadelphia, however, will be the church predominant at the time of the rapture. But if a believer is living under overt persecution at the time of the rapture, for example, you might say he was raptured out of Smyrna.

kp
Offline Matthew  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:23:52 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Thanks kp!

Next question, someone with Greek knowledge perhaps:

The beloved Matthew 24:36 and Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." I've heard that some manuscripts do not have the "nor the Son" part, is this true? What about the original, if we know which [edit: is] the original, does it include "the Son?" If so, [edit: in Greek] is there a different way to right [edit: right should be write] the Son in reference to Yahshua and son in reference to any son? In Enlglish it is capitalised to indicate the Messiah.

Next question: When Yahweh turned His attention to the Gentiles, was it specifically on the Feast or Pentecost or was it sometime afterwards? Reason I'm asking is because of the Daniel prophecy of there being 7 years (a 70th week) for the Jews. Daniel didn't say 7 years and a bit but exactly 7 years, and his 69 weeks prophecy was dead accurate down to the very day. Therefore, if the Rapture was to occur in 2026, just before the Trib starts the 7 year prophecy would be exact. Hmm, maybe then not done to the very day but still very close being in the same year. But if Yahweh removed His people earlier then there would be a brief gap of a few months if in 2026, or a year or a few years, where His attention is not on anyone specifically. :) I was just briefly writing about this prohecy and then thought about His attention from the Gentiles to the Jews and how exacting Daniel's prophecy was already proved. If Daniel's 7 year prophecy is exact to the very day then when is the very day He returns His attention to the Jews, is it on the exact day the Tribulation starts?
Offline kp  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2008 1:14:32 PM(UTC)
kp

I think Swalchy's got you covered on your first question, Matthew. Thanks, S. As for your next one...

Quote:
Next question: When Yahweh turned His attention to the Gentiles, was it specifically on the Feast or Pentecost or was it sometime afterwards? Reason I'm asking is because of the Daniel prophecy of there being 7 years (a 70th week) for the Jews. Daniel didn't say 7 years and a bit but exactly 7 years, and his 69 weeks prophecy was dead accurate down to the very day. Therefore, if the Rapture was to occur in 2026, just before the Trib starts the 7 year prophecy would be exact. Hmm, maybe then not done to the very day but still very close being in the same year. But if Yahweh removed His people earlier then there would be a brief gap of a few months if in 2026, or a year or a few years, where His attention is not on anyone specifically. :) I was just briefly writing about this prohecy and then thought about His attention from the Gentiles to the Jews and how exacting Daniel's prophecy was already proved. If Daniel's 7 year prophecy is exact to the very day then when is the very day He returns His attention to the Jews, is it on the exact day the Tribulation starts?

The 70 weeks prophecy has nothing to do with the schedule of seven miqrym-convocations. It begins on Nisan 1, 444 BC (not a miqra, but actually new-year's day on the Hebrew calendar) and the 69th week ends on Nisan 10 (March 28), 33 AD.---again, not a scheduled miqra, but a significant day nevertheless: the day the Passover Lamb was to be brought into the Israelite households---four days before it was to be slain. (Yahweh doesn't actually use the word "years," by the way. He simply calls them "times." They work out to 360-day time periods---schematic or prophetic "years," if you will.) The fifth miqra (the Feast of Trumpets---Yom Teruah) will apparently occur before the clock starts ticking on the 70th week. Again, there is no scriptural correlation between the two systems---they are meant to convey different areas of truth. And the sixth miqra, Yom Kippurym---the Day of Atonement---will occur during the final "week," (because it concerns the Jews directly) if my observations are correct, five days before the 70th week, the 2,560-day Tribulation, will end. The final miqra, the Feast of Tabernacles, will fall outside the 70th week, following (if I'm correct) directly on its heels.

As far as Yahweh's attention being again directed toward Israel on the very day the Tribulation starts, yes, that's the whole point. The 70 weeks are "determined for [Daniel's] people [Israel]and [his] holy city," i.e., Jerusalem. (Daniel 9:24) They do not concern the ekklesia, except, of course, as confirmation of Yahweh's prophetic prowess :-)

kp
Offline Matthew  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 5:12:13 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

A person gave this passage in Revelation to say that the phrase "this is the first resurrection" indicates that people (all saints since the crucifixion) are only resurrected at His Second Coming, adding that the Pre-Trib Rapture is a bogus claim. I'm not really sure how to respond to it.

"And I saw thrones – and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them – and the lives of those who had been beheaded because of the witness they bore to Yahuweh and because of the Word of Elohim, and who did not worship the beast, nor his image, and did not receive his mark upon their foreheads or upon their hands. And they lived and reigned with Messiah for a thousand years (and the rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended) – this is the first resurrection." Revelation 20:4-5

Edit:

I came across Swalchy's take on verse 5, check it out: "The rest of those remaining that were dead and lifeless, departed and deceased, inanimate and destitute of life, useless and powerless, ineffective and inoperable did not come to life before or until the thousand years had been completed and finished, accomplished, fulfilled and brought to an end. That means this is the first and foremost, primary, chief and principal, the first in honour, influence, and rank, the superior, most prominent and important resurrection and restoration to life, process of change to a higher status and standing up to renewal."

In this version it doesn't mean first, as in to be first in position, but first in terms of being superior. With this understanding all those resurrected, either at the Rapture or at the end of the Trib, will have the thrill of being priets, ruling and reigning with Yahushua, whereas those who die during the Millennium will be resurrected only at the end, unless of course they survive right through not tasting death. Am I right?

Edited by user Tuesday, September 2, 2008 9:41:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Matthew  
#31 Posted : Friday, December 5, 2008 11:21:34 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

To continue:

We talk about the Spirit being out of the way which will allow the Antichrist to appear. And since God's Spirit indwells believers He must take them with the Spirit. But if someone who misses the Rapture realises their mistake and then repent of their sins, will they become indwelt with the Spirit during the Tribulation? I'm thinking yes as Yahuweh says He'll pour out His Spirit on His sons and daughters.
Offline kp  
#32 Posted : Friday, December 5, 2008 12:06:06 PM(UTC)
kp

I'd agree, Matthew. Besides, the post-rapture believers (at least the gentile contingent) are represented by the "Church," the ekklesia---the called out ones---of Laodicea. As part of the ekklesia, they will by definition be indwelled by the Spirit of Yahweh, as Yahshua promised. But the fact remains, one minute after the rapture, there won't be a single Spirit-indwelled believer on the face of the earth, making the events of II Thessalonians 2:7 (the "taking away" of the Restrainer) possible.

kp
Offline Matthew  
#33 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 9:54:06 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

So He's holding the Antichrist back until He's taken us out of the way, because He doesn't want us to be participants in the Tribulation? I wonder how many people will get taken in the Rapture and how many people will repent within the days that follow?
Offline kp  
#34 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 11:50:40 AM(UTC)
kp

We have no scriptural indication, of course, Matthew. But I get the distinct feeling that the number of us who are to be raptured (that is, those living at the time) will end up being a mere handful compared to those who repent and turn to Yahweh after the rapture. We are invariably described as a minority; we are they who have "entered by the narrow gate" that "few find." But the Tribulation martyrs (never mind those who actually make it all the way through to the end and enter the Millennium as mortals and survive the separation of the sheep from the goats) are described as "a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues." I would not be surprised to find the Tribulation believers eventually outnumbering the pre-rapture saints by a factor of forty or fifty. And I expect the number of believers born during the Millennial reign to dwarf both previous populations---billions of new brothers and sisters. Again, just a guess.

kp