logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline James  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:33:00 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I thought it might be interesting, if anyone on the forum has done any of their own amplification, if they would share them, we can all compile and critique each others workd, I know Swalchy has a already posted a link to his site which has a great compilition of amplified RC scripture. I will post some of the amplifications I have done, as soon as I get home tonight. I look forward to seeing what others have done.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2007 6:36:13 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Here is my amplification of Pslam 91, i tried to go with the Yada YY apraoch and put the Hebrew transliteration in (). I apreciate any critques. I have now edited it, and made un amplified scripture bold, and Hebrew words Ital. The forum doesn't let you import word formating, so I had to go through add these myself, If I missed any please let me know and I will fix it. Enjoy

Psalm 91

1. He that dwelleth (yaw-shab' to sit down (specifically as judge, in ambush, in quiet)) in the secret (say'-ther sith-raw' a cover, hiding place, privily, protection, secret) place of the most High (el-yone' Supreme) shall abide (loon stop, stay permanently, hence to be obstinate(in a bad sense) to be obstinate (especially in words, to complain) :- abide (all night), continue, dwell, endure, grudge, be left, lie all night, (cause to) lodge (all night, in, -ing, this night), (make to) murmur, remain, tarry (all night, that night)) under the shadow (tsale shade literal or figurative) of the Almighty (shadday)
2. I will say (’āmar answer, appoint, avouch, bid, boast, call, certify, challenge, charge) of Yahweh, He is my refuge (makh-as-eh' shelter (literal or figurative), hope, refuge, trust) and my fortress (maw-tsood' castle, defense, fort, stronghold): my God (’elōhîm gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God); will I trust (baw-takh' figurative to trust, be confident or sure, be bold, confident, secure, sure, careless, put confidence in, hope, and trust.)
3. Surely he shall deliver (naw-tsal' snatch away, defend, deliver, escape, without fail, part, pluck, preserve, recover, rescue, rid, save, spoil, strip, surely, take (out)) thee from the snare (pakh spring net, or snare) of the fowler (yaw-koosh' snarer, or snare) and from the noisome (hav-vaw' ruin, calamity, iniquity, mischief, mischievous (thing), naughtiness, naughty, noisome, perverse thing, substance, very wickedness) pestilence (deh'-ber)
4. He shall cover (saw-kak' protect, cover, defend, hedge in, join together, set, shut up) thee with his feathers (eb-raw'), and under his wings (kaw-nawf his border) shalt thou trust (khaw-saw' flee for protection, confide in, have hope, make refuge in): his truth (eh'-meth stability, certainty, truth, trustworthiness) shall be thy shield (tsin-naw') and buckler (so-khay-raw' something surrounding the person)
5. Thou shalt not be afraid (yaw-ray' fear, be afraid, dread) for the terror (pakh'ad object of fear) by night (lah'-yil twist away of light, figuartive adversity); nor for the arrow (khayts piercer, wound) that flieth (oof to cover, faint, flee away, fly away) by day (yo-mawm);
6. Nor for the pestilence (deh'-ber destruction, plague) that walketh (haw-lak' be conversant, be eased, walk) in darkness (o'fel darkness, obscurity, privily); nor for the destruction (keh'-teb from the root to cut off) that wasteth (shood devastate) at noonday (tso'-har midday, from the root tsahar meaning light as in from a window.).
7. A thousand (eh'-lef) shall fall (naw-fal' cast down, cease, die, be judged, perish) at thy side (tsad contracted from an unused root meaning to sidle off; a side; figurative an adversary), and ten thousand (reb-as-baw' abundance, a myriad, many, million, ten thousand) at thy right hand (yaw-meen' right side); but it shall not come nigh (naw-gash' overtake) thee.
8. Only with thine eyes (ah'-yin favor, humble, knowledge, presence) shalt thou behold (naw-bat' a primitive root; to scan, i.e. look intently at; by implication to regard with pleasure, favor or care, behold, consider, regard, have respect) and see (raw-aw' consider, discern) the reward (shil-loo-maw' retribution, recompense (fem.)) of the wicked (raw-shaw' moral wrong, guilty, ungodly).
9. Because thou hast made (soom to put, appoint, bring, call, care, cast in, shange, charge, commit, consider, convey, determine) Yahweh, which is my refuge (makh-as-eh' shelter, hope, from khaw-saw' meaning have hope), even the most High (el-yone' Supreme), thy habitation (maw-ohn' abode of God (i.e. Tabernacle or the temple) ;
10. There shall no evil (rah adversity, affliction, calamity, distress, harm) befall (aw-naw' approach, deliver, happen to) thee, neither shall any plague (neh'-gah from naga' meaning a blow, therfore a wound) come nigh (kaw-rab' approach, bring forth, be near, present, produce, make ready, stand, take) thy dwelling (o'-hel home, tabernacle or tent).
11. For he shall give his angels (mal-awk' messenger of God, ambassador, prophet, or teacher) charge (tsaw-vaw' command, order) over thee, to keep (shaw-mar' guard, protect, attend to, preserve, save, watch) thee in all thy ways (deh'-rek figurative course of life).
12. They shall bear thee up (naw-saw' lift up, accept) in their hands (kaf figurative power), lest thou dash (naw-gaf' inflict, beat, hurt, plague, slay, smite, make worse) thy foot (reg'-gel by implication a step (euphemism for pudenda)) against a stone (eh'-ben from the root baw-naw' meaning to build lit. or fig., or to obtain shildren, make, repair, set up).
13. Thou shalt tread (daw-rak' to walk, guide, lead, string a bow) upon the lion (shakh'-al from an unused root meaning to roar) and adder (peh'-then from an unused root meaning to twist): the young lion (kef-eer' village, from kaw-far' meaning to cover, to expiate or condone, to placate or cancel, appease, make atonement, cleanse, pacify, pardon, purge) and the dragon (tan-neen' reptile, serpent) shalt thou trample under feet (raw-mas' oppressor, tread upon abusively).
14. Because he hath set his love (khaw-shak' delight in, desire) upon me, therefore will I deliver (paw-lat' carry away safe) him: I will set him on high (saw-gab' defend, exalt, be excellent, be safe, to be strong), because he hath known (yada to know (properly to ascertain by seeing); used in a great variety of senses, figurative, literal, euphemism and inference (including observation, care, recognition; and causative instruction, designation, punishment, etc.), acknowledge, acquaintance, discern, discover, endued with, familiar friend, know in a familiar way) my name (shem an appellation, as a mark or memorial of individuality; by implication honor, authority, character, renown, report, personal and proper name).
15. He shall call (kaw-raw' to call out to (i.e. properly address by name) invite, proclaim, pronounce) upon me, and I will answer (aw-naw' respond, hear, lift up, testify, bear witness to) him: I will be with him in trouble (tsaw-raw' fem. of tsar adversary, adversity, affliction. anguish, distress, tribulation); I will deliver (khaw-lats' a primitive root; to pull off; hence (intensive) to strip, to depart; by implication to deliver, equip (for fight); present, strengthen, arm (self), (go, ready) armed man or soldier, deliver, draw out, make fat, loose, put off, take away, withdraw) him, and honour (kaw-bad' from a primative root meaning to be heavy in a bad sense burdensome, severe, dull, or in a good sense numerous, rich, honorable) him.
16. With long (o'rak' from 'arak meaning length. for ever, long)life (yom from an unused root meaning to be hot. a day, a space of time defined by an associated term, age, continually, daily, end, evening, for ever, life, now, old, perpetually, season, weather) will I satisfy (saw-bah' to sate, fill, be full of, have plenty of, satiate, suffice, be weary of) him, and shew (raw-aw' see, advise, appear, approve, behold, consider, discern, enjoy, experience, gaze, take heed, mark, meet, be near, perceive, present, provide, regard, respect) him my salvation (yeshua from yasha' meaning saved. deliverance, health, help, salvation, save).

Edited by user Thursday, November 1, 2007 5:29:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline James  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 10:01:26 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Swalchy wrote:
Are you going to do some more Psalms?

Thanks

I would love to eventually, I have alot going on right now, finishing school, Student teaching, full time job, fiancee, wedding planing, band, friends,....

But once things settle down I will probably be doing some more, it's really quite fun.

Swalchy wrote:
Quick question though: Is there a reason for using KJV style English?

The KJV English is mainly do to lack of resources. The program I use only has Strong's for the KJV, so I use the KJV.

I'm going to start saving some money so I can buy the Logos program, I would love to be doing the amplifications from the DSS, and the older text. One day for now I make due with what I got, one of the reasons I love YY so much is because of Yada's translations.

Offline shalom82  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 10:13:12 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I know that Swalchy has been amplifying the renewed covenant scriptures on his site and I have to say they are wonderful. There has if I recollect correctly been talk of actually producing a complete version of the scriptures in an amplified fashion. I don't know if anybody is undertaking this, but it is such a worthy endeavor that I feel we must not pass it up. I offer my services for what they are worth to any group or individual who is prepared to amplify the whole of the scriptures. Every time I read one of Yada's amplifications I become insatiable for the word. It would be great if we could put up an amplified version on Yadayahweh and other freebook forums. I don't know how much I can help, but I can try and I can proof read or cook dinner for those working on it haha. I just feel this needs to be done.
Shalom
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.