logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bubsy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2018 7:58:53 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I just finished reading the "Unanswered Call for Truthful Witness" chapter of Observations for Our Times. I noticed a few things that I'm pretty sure used an incorrect word. Among those glaring enough for me to notice:

Page 50: "And yet, like 'Elyah in Yisra'el around 850 BCE..." - given what Yada said elsewhere in the chapter on page 67 about a three thousand, three hundred thirty-three year difference between 'Elyah's time and 2033 CE, that probably should be 1300 BCE. Ditto with referring to 'Elyah's time as 3300 BCE on page 68.

Page 53: "It was like playing poker, and spotting your opponent four aces knowing that you would be dealt a royal flush." If you're only playing with one deck of cards, you would not get a royal flush if your opponent got all four aces. You could get a straight flush to beat four of a kind, or if you spotted your opponent four sixes, you could get a royal flush.

Page 55: "But 93 billion miles away..." The sun is actually only 93 million miles away.

Somewhere in that same chapter or the chapter before, "illicit" (illegitimate, unauthorized) was used where "elicit" (to prompt or evoke a response or reaction) was clearly intended at least a couple times.
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.
thanks 1 user thanked Bubsy for this useful post.
Scott In BR on 8/14/2018(UTC)
Offline Stewart James  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 8:53:03 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I wonder if it might be possible to have a section on the forum for updates and corrections. When writing and even with proof reading, errors do get left unfound and it would be good to be open and have an online area within this forum to deal with them!

I download the PDF documents, so when I find an error, or potential error, I can put a note on it and re save the document!

With increasing numbers of people reading Yada Yah, it is important to deal with these errors. I have spotted quite a few myself and made notes!

Perhaps even corrected documents could be located here too so we can change over to a more correct version?

This is meant to be a helpful suggestion!

Thanks!
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline Micha'el  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 6:26:23 PM(UTC)
Micha'el
United States

I also found something in "A VOICE CALLS OUT" (page 7 in the PDF, and about 16% into the Kindle version) stating :

"Even if Yisra’el were to add Yahowsha’ to this list of prophets, and consider His role alongside Moseh and Dowd, they are so different as to be mutually exclusive...."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this was supposed read:

"Even if Yahowah were to add Yahowsha' to this list of prophets..."