logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Scott In BR  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 2:22:49 PM(UTC)
Scott In BR
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There are many references to Yahowsha saying he is the light of the world. I understand what he is conveying but I am having a hard time explaining to a friend that just because he walked in when the religious Jews were celebrating the Festival of Lights that it does not mean he did. This is the passage he keeps quoting and claiming that Yahoshaw was celebrating this festival. I see zero connection that shows he did any such thing. If I understand this correctly the Festival of Lights/Feast Of Dedication and Hanukkah are all Babylonian of origin. If that is the case then why would Yahoshaw celebrate a Babylonian Festival? If anyone has information that I can use to help a friend please share it with me. My friend is trying hard and understands a lot but he can’t get this festival out of his system.

John 10:22
22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.
23 And Yahowsha walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Messiyah, tell us plainly.
25 Yahowsha answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.
Offline InHisName  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:02:54 AM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Hi Scott,

I don't know what the Festival of lights is about, but it isn't on Yah's list so I am certain Yahowsha did not go to the Temple to celebrate it. Nor would it have any meaning related to him.

Any discussion about this verse would be pure speculation. This is NT and likely written by Roman Catholics to show jews were not part of Yah's new plan.

The only information I could provide for your friend is that he should leave the NT alone, at least until he has a thorough understanding of Yah (yada Yah). At that time he will be able to smell the BS for himself.

The Towrah is complete, all we need to find and know Yah and easy to understand for the open minded!
Offline Scott In BR  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 3:29:12 PM(UTC)
Scott In BR
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I agree and honestly do we really need anything from the so called NT.