logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Scott In BR  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 1:24:35 PM(UTC)
Scott In BR
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all,
I have always kept the thought of Yahowah protecting his covenant children but in the back of my mind I still struggle with this. I hear some people say that they do not own a gun for protection because Yah will protect them. Weren’t the apostles members? they died horrible deaths, why didn’t Yah protect them. One could say that Yah protects his family from danger but our bodies can still succumb to disease. With that being said I go back to the thought of the apostles torture, which lead to there deaths. Maybe I have missed something or overlooked my answer.

Any thoughts on this?

Offline InHisName  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 11:09:27 AM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Hi Scott,

I don't have a definitive answer, not sure there is one. Bu here are my ramblings...

I don't think being a family member automatically means Yah will guard our life, health or well being. If we are family then we are protected from spiritual death but not necessarily mortal death. We have had many family members experience serious accidents, illnesses and even death. I don't see that as a lack of protection, just the frailty of mortal bodies. I don't think Yah has much interest in our physical life and would only protect us if we were actively involved in a project that was important/critical to Him.

The question perhaps is, where is the point at which Yah provides this mortal protection? I would presume it is related to the mission and when the mission is complete, the protection is removed. Again these are just my thoughts.

Please read Yada's expose on Psalm 91 in the 4th chapter of Observations ( HERE ) for a more thorough and knowledgable answer.

thanks 1 user thanked InHisName for this useful post.
Scott In BR on 7/24/2017(UTC)
Offline Glfnaz  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 4:45:01 PM(UTC)
Glfnaz

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
The protection you seem to reference (guns, avoiding disease or torture) are all about your body. Our bodies are essentially worthless temporary vessels. Just like the Torah instruction that the Passover lamb must be totally consumes or destroyed by fire prior to morning is proof that there is no bodily resurrection. When the rock was rolled away from our Messiah's gravesite, the tomb was empty. When Yahowsha appeared after His soul was resurrected, nobody recognized him. Not even His mother. So the concern about one's body should be minimal.

I do believe however that God protects the rest of our beings, our spirit and sould through His mal'ak, or spiritual messengers. There is evidence of this.
thanks 1 user thanked Glfnaz for this useful post.
Scott In BR on 7/24/2017(UTC)