logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 2:03:22 AM(UTC)
Yada

Hello Everyone - I am in the process of drafting a set of guidelines for the forum (it's something that has been on my "to do" list for quite some time). After I get a draft up, you will be able to comment and provide input.

One of the things that I think we should all remember is why the YY Forum was established in the first place. To quote Yada:

Quote:
The YY forum was set up to be a place of fellowship for those who know Yah and as a place to discuss Yah’s Word. It is not a place to advocate false teaching or link to false teachers.

We are approaching 2,000 posts on the forum. I need your help in making sure that all the posts & threads on this forum are in keeping with the objective stated above. If you find and read something that is questionable, please bring it to my atteniton or the attention of another moderator. Especially, if links are posted that: "advocate false teaching or link to false teachers."

Thanks.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:35:40 AM(UTC)
Yada

I thought we could begin drafting YY Forum Policy & Posting Guidelines with a statement of purpose:

Quote:
The Yada Yahweh Forum was established as a place of fellowship for those who know Yah, for those who trust and rely upon Him, and for those who have been adopted into His family. The Forum also serves as a place to discuss Yahuweh’s Word. It is not a place to advocate false teaching or link to false teachers.

From this point, I would like elict your ideas for a few simple rules. Here are a few thoughts/suggestions (I have been searching for ideas and suitable language from other sites):

Quote:
1. Keep messages concise and to the point without long extracts from previous postings.
2. Try not to jump on each other too much, and definitely avoid foul language and personal abuse. In general, language used on this list should be suitable for all audiences.
3. Focus on the topic, not the way a previous poster expressed him/herself. There are a lot of different members on this list with varying levels of knowledge and we need to tolerate and encourage those that might be new to YY and Yahuweh's Word (like me).
4. If someone posts in parody, or even in humor, they should say so clearly. Misunderstandings have caused a lot of hurt feelings.

I would like to keep these guidelines simple and concise. I welcome your ideas.

Here's a quick update on some of the audio projects we are working on:

Shohn is currently working on putting together a YY pod cast for iTunes using the existing YY audio recordings.

We will also offer a weekly audio review of one YY chapters each week in the YY Study Group room on Paltalk, as well as a weekly Torah "portion" - please join us!

Speaking of the Torah, KP has given us the OK to record his book. If anyone is interested in getting involved please let me know. It would be great if we could get these uploaded to our room on Paltalk so that they are available to all - anytime.

I look forward to hearing from you.

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2007 9:59:35 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yada, what is the schedual for the weekly Paltalk studies?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2007 11:42:44 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Icy wrote:
Yada, what is the schedual for the weekly Paltalk studies?

they will be weekly.

...sorry I had to say it :D XD
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2007 3:38:33 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Weekly when? Give a time and tell us what time zone it is.
Offline Yada  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2007 5:40:31 PM(UTC)
Yada

I had made an on-line "events" calendar but I believe our web master would like to redo it so that it ties in with and links out from the YY sites. This is something in the works.

I open the room everyday, albeit at different times depending on when I have time. I hope that the other admins will be able to open it also. All of the recordings (the ones I have managed to convert already) are archived and can be played by any of the admins. (As I write this, the room is open and "Hayah - Existence" is now playing.)

When you choose a nickname for Paltalk (www.paltalk.com), please let me know and I will add you to my "Pal list" - that way, I can invite you in whenever the room is open and you are logged on.

Hope to see all of you on Paltalk.

Offline Matthew  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:35:25 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Hi.
My nickname for Paltalk is Matthew28-6, I've just joined the group. Should be fun!
Offline Yada  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 8:07:50 PM(UTC)
Yada

Hello Matthew - I just added you to my Paltalk "pal" list so I can invite you into the YY Study Group room the next time you are on-line.

In addition to the YY audio chapter reviews, we will also play a new Torah portion beginning each Sabbath and running through the following week. Of course, the audio and video presentations are in addition to live discussions held in the room. I look forward to having you (and the other members of the forum) join us.

Thanks for sending me your Paltalk nickname. I am looking forward to hearing from other forum members as well so that we can really start to build the room. Swalchy, Tiffany, FF, EI, and the other admins can also open the room whenever they like and play the audios/videos from the room's archive.

Hope to see everyone on Paltalk (www.paltalk.com). Again, my nickname on Paltalk is: Yada 1

You can also join the room directly by clicking here.