logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Theophilus  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 12:56:28 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I was reading a recent discussion over in the YY forum Seeker folder on claiming the ancient Israelites were a black skinned African people and it appears that the subject was locked. While I agree with James reponse that the phycial appearance of people, whether specific persons or groups is ultimately irrelevant, I can still understand people being curious. What made me think of this was a program I came across on one of the cable shows hosted by Avery Brooks on the subject of Joseph son of Jacob. The program sureprised me near the end by including David Rohl presenting an unusual palace near Goshen / Averis, not owned by a Pharoah but by a high official. The palace had twelve pillars per side, a number Rohl noted was especially meaningful to Jospeh and his brothers, that also included a small pyramid tomb that had a large statue but with the body removed. The statue was interesting because it was not of an Egyptin man, but a bearded Asian, who wore a multicolored coat, had a beard, yellowish painted skin and brilliant red hair. Rohl's conclusion was that this was the Joseph described in Genesis, which appears to demolish the notion of Israel's son being a black skinned African man. I recall Rohl had more detail in his books, but was curious if anyone here either saw the program or can share any more detail on archeological evidence for the extrordinary man?

Thank you,

BTW, please excuse my use of the popular Anglicized religious names, being used in this post as they were presented by Rohl and the show.

Respectfully,
-Theophis
Offline Sarah  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 12:34:14 PM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have heard of this statue many years ago. Also, remember, Esau was as red as red can be; that doesn't sound very 'black.' There were also black folks who joined Moseh out of Egypt, and Moseh married a black woman in the desert during the exodus. So, Israelites are a 'mixed breed.'
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:54:20 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Originally Posted by: Sarah Go to Quoted Post
I have heard of this statue many years ago. Also, remember, Esau was as red as red can be; that doesn't sound very 'black.' There were also black folks who joined Moseh out of Egypt, and Moseh married a black woman in the desert during the exodus. So, Israelites are a 'mixed breed.'

Greetings Sarah,

Thanks for reminding me of Esau's redness. I don't know if Moseh's wife being of a different and darker race implies all, most, or even a substantial portion of ancient decendants of Yacob / Yirael were of black African decenr, but it does indcate that Moseh and his siblings were not, no?

Still, I'd like to find more definitive information on what Rohl and the tv program were showing though.

Respectfully,
-Theophilus
Offline Sarah  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 1:35:40 PM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I imagine only a small percent of black people were among the children of Israel, and they may have been quite diluted as time went by. Nimrod was supposedly black; he was a descendant of Noah and he lived in the Sumer area, not Africa. Dowd is said to be 'ruddy' whether that means 'red' or not I don't know.
Offline ehadahaba  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 2:45:59 PM(UTC)
ehadahaba
Man
New Zealand

(I may as well just jump straight in without any self introduction, as i usually do.)
(I hadn't been able to login after joining and seemed it was not fixable and so i had posted the link to this thread and my comment in another forum. this is the comment i wrote:)

Joseph / Zaphenath-paneah was Sekhemhet of 3rd dyn [& maybe Wyatt's Imhotep of 3rd dyn?] (& Djedef-re of 4th dyn?), not anyone in Rohl's 11th-12th dynasty placement; Khufu/Cheops of 4th may be Jacob?
(Moses was in 2nd half of 12th dynasty.) Not sure who Rohl's statue is.
Goshen seems to be Giza/Gizeh/er-ges-her "beside the high" (roughly modern Cairo) [and/or Sokhem (Latopolis where Josephus said exodus started from)??] not Rohl's Fakus.
http://www.allempires.co...orum_posts.asp?TID=36443
http://grahamhancock.com...orum/read.php?10,1052904
http://2rbetterthan1.wor...ty-egypt-evidence-lists/
http://redseaexodus.word...ows-how-majestic-god-is/

It is true that bible mentions ruddy/red in connection with Adam, David, (Esau/Edom,) & messiah. ('Daughters of Adam', and Sarah, and Job's daughters being "fair" was not racial hue, many ancient cultures had fair women (indoors, feminine) and dark/terra-cotta men (outdoors, masculine), eg Etruscan pictures.)
The Egyptians had 4 races of men: red/Ro(m)t/Rom(t)/Egytpian, yellow/Namu/Aamu (including Jews according to source), black/Nahsu/Kush/Ethiopian, white/Tamahu/Meshwesh/Libyan.
(Hebrews would have been considered lumped in "Set(h)"? I think some sources mention red in connetcion with Set(h)?)
"Japheth north, Shem middle/centre, Ham south"?
Pectoral of Mereret maybe shows Hebrew slaves?
(Moses maybe in pectoral of Sit-Hathor-Yunet but he is blue skinned there.)

* Modern Jews are a Mediterranean/Oriental (Primarily) + Armenoid (2ndly) mix.
* Moshe's/Moses' Ethiopian wife may be connected with Senusert's/Sesostris' southern campaign.
* Could Rohl's statue connect with Compton's "Olmecs = Hyksos" theory (ie Quetzalcoatl)?

(Please excuse/forgive my use of spellings familiar to me and others, and not use of spellings i am not (yet) familiar with.)

Water fluoridation ("kool-aid", wormwood) wrecks disadvantaged peoples (like me) lives/health/ability.