logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Hermine Dow  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 8:39:45 AM(UTC)
Hermine Dow

Intro. to God, 3-Towrah, Part 1, p.72

You say, "That is not to say that everything Yahowah told His children to do "in the land" some 3,400 years ago is something we must do today in unrelated places which exist under the auspices of man's religious and political pronouncements. some of Yahowah's specific instructions may be better understood symbolically and applied metaphorically. For example, some foods which were once lethal are now relatively safe...

Are you saying it's ok to now eat the 'unclean meats' ?
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 7:06:35 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
My personal view, and I'm sure there are many who would disagree, is that Yah's dietary instructions are for our benefit. Eating pork, or shell fish for example, carried a high and lethal risk at the time the Towrah was given. Now that lethal risk is almost non existent, that said both are still very bad for you health wise. I have come to see most every aspect of Yah's instructions is 2 part, physical and spiritual. The physical aspect pertain to our physical life and well being, the spiritual aspects pertain to out spiritual life and well being. In the case of Yah's dietary instructions the spiritual aspect is watch what you ingest because there are consequences. Spiritually speaking this would be don't engage in pagan holidays and festivals because they will corrupt you. Ignoring the spiritual aspects of Yah's instructions damage us spiritually and hinder our relationship with Yah. The physical aspects damage us physically, but do not hinder our relationship with Yah.

When you put it in terms of relationship ask your self is this positive, negative or neutral in my relationship, will it build it, hurt it or nothing. If I celebrate pagan holidays like Christmas and Easter it will hurt my relationship Yah, if I celebrate Yah's festivals like Pesach, Matsah and Sukah it will build my relationship with Yah. If I celebrate neither the pagan festivals or Yah's festivals it will do nothing to my relationship. The same is true with the dietary instructions, if I eat a ham sandwich it will do nothing to build my relationship with Yah, but it also won't hurt my relationship with him.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Hermine Dow  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 7:01:08 AM(UTC)
Hermine Dow

thanks for your opinion James. However I find, in my experience, that my relationship IS hindered when I eat unclean meats as per Lev. 11 BECAUSE I know it is contrary to Yah's expressed will. Not only that, but I think it IS a deal breaker for eternity if we persist in it, rebelliously. I base this on Isaiah 66:esp. verse 17 and Is. 1:29-31. Why would you want to go contrary to His clear instructions?
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 7:45:40 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
There are many who would agree with you, and if it hurts your relationship with Yah, then I would not do it.

Personally I see it the same as when as a child my father told me not to drink sodas, I didn't listen I drank a lot of soda as a kid. My dad knows I did, knew I did at the time probably, but my relationship with him is no different then if I hadn't, the only real difference is I am paying the price now with my bad teeth.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Shema  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:58:20 AM(UTC)
Shema

Hermine Dow wrote:
Why would you want to go contrary to His clear instructions?

Hermine, as you probably already surmised by now, not everyone loves YHVH. Those who love YHVH will keep his instructions. All of YHVH's instructions ultimately require an action. Beware of any teaching that reduces YHVH's instructions to no action. These come with very religious sounding arguments, but always end up nullifying YHVH's instructions.

People love to point out that they have a relationship with YHVH, but everything does. Even a rock has a relationship with YHVH. What YHVH has offered to man is a convenant. Keeping the terms of this covenant is not optional.

Shema
Offline Sarah  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 11:41:30 AM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In what way was shellfish 'lethal' in the past, but is not lethal today? Actually, it probably never was 'lethal' -- it just isn't as healthy it should be for our bodies. It grows wild -- I don't think it has changed any. As for pork, at least now we raise them under controlled conditions, better slop, (if you consider GMO's 'better'); however, their digestive system hasn't changed any.

Offline cgb2  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2014 12:30:12 PM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Offline Mike  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 9:21:24 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
cgb2,

Great find, thanks.

Red tide is also potentially harmful to human health.[5] Humans can become seriously ill from eating oysters and other shellfish contaminated with red tide toxin.[6] Karenia brevis blooms can potentially cause eye and respiratory irritation (coughing, sneezing, tearing, and itching) to beachgoers, boaters and coastal residents.[7] People with severe or persistent respiratory conditions (such as chronic lung disease or asthma) may experience stronger adverse reactions.

Sarah,

As for Pork, think of a hog as a 250 pound vacuum cleaner bag filled with filth.

Pigs can harbour a range of parasites and diseases that can be transmitted to humans. These include trichinosis, Taenia solium, cysticercosis, and brucellosis. Pigs are also known to host large concentrations of parasitic ascarid worms in their digestive tract.[20] The presence of these diseases and parasites is one reason pork meat should always be well cooked or cured before eating. Today trichinellosis infections from eating undercooked pork are rare in more technologically developed countries due to refrigeration, health laws, and public awareness.[21] Some religious groups have dietary laws that make pork an "unclean" meat, and adherents sometimes interpret these health issues as validation of their views.[22]
Pigs have health issues of their own, of course. Pigs have small lungs in relation to their body size and are thus more susceptible than other domesticated animals to fatal bronchitis and pneumonia.[23] Some strains of influenza are endemic in pigs (see swine influenza). Pigs also can acquire human influenza.
Pigs can be aggressive in defending themselves and their young. Pig-induced injuries are thus not unusual in areas where pigs are raised or where they form part of the wild or feral fauna.[24]
In November 2012 scientists managed to sequence the genome of the domestic pig. The similarities between the pig and human genomes mean that the new data may have wide applications in the study and treatment of human genetic diseases. (Medical Daily) (Business Standard) (Nature)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig

Shalom
Offline Sarah  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 6:56:03 AM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Mike,

I agree with you. Pork and shellfish were not 'good for food' then, and they still are not good for eating today, even though pork is raised with better slop, etc. I have this conversation over and over with my Son-in-Law; he keeps saying "well, we raise these animals in a clean way today", but I say "the animal still has the same type of 'flesh' and digestive system which is not fit for us to eat."

Smile
Offline InHisName  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:24:36 AM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sarah Go to Quoted Post
In what way was shellfish 'lethal' in the past, but is not lethal today? Actually, it probably never was 'lethal' -- it just isn't as healthy it should be for our bodies. It grows wild -- I don't think it has changed any. As for pork, at least now we raise them under controlled conditions, better slop, (if you consider GMO's 'better'); however, their digestive system hasn't changed any.

Quote:

FOOD FOR THOUGHT
HARMFUL BACTERIA, ANTIBIOTICS FOUND IN SHRIMP
60% of raw samples test positive for 1 or more types
Published: 15 hours ago
(CHICAGOTRIBUNE) — Random tests of frozen shrimp collected from around the country showed harmful bacteria, the nonprofit consumer advocacy group Consumer Reports said Monday.

Sixty percent of the raw samples tested positive for one or more types of bacteria (salmonella, vibrio, Staphylococcus aureus, E. coli or listeria) and seven of the samples tested positive for methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus, known as MRSA. MRSA is difficult to treat because it’s resistant to many antibiotics.

Consumer Reports said it tested 342 samples of frozen shrimp, 284 raw and 58 cooked, from 27 cities across the country. About 94 percent of shrimp is imported.

Eleven samples of raw shrimp had antibiotic residues, Consumer Reports said.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/...imp/#svb88cdcMoPm1Ieb.99

I almost hate to broach this subject anymore. While I do not agree with the 'religious' view of unclean foods (I love my bacon) that doesn't mean Father Yah wasn't correct in warning us about them or that the warning is not still relevant today as evidenced in the article above. Be careful out there!
Offline Sheree  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 1:27:34 PM(UTC)
Sheree

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Shema Go to Quoted Post
Hermine Dow wrote:
Why would you want to go contrary to His clear instructions?

Hermine, as you probably already surmised by now, not everyone loves YHWH. Those who love YHWH will keep his instructions. All of YHWH's instructions ultimately require an action. Beware of any teaching that reduces YHWH's instructions to no action. These come with very religious sounding arguments, but always end up nullifying YHWH's instructions.

People love to point out that they have a relationship with YHWH, but everything does. Even a rock has a relationship with YHWH. What YHWH has offered to man is a convenant. Keeping the terms of this covenant is not optional.

Shema

obviously does not know the terms and conditions of said covenant
thanks 1 user thanked Sheree for this useful post.
Fred Snell on 4/30/2015(UTC)
Offline Bubsy  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:05:05 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
If I remember right, shellfish was not described as an "unclean meat", but as an "abomination to you". Animals like the pig, lion, hare, and dog were described as "unclean". I'm pretty sure that Yahowah was only referring to the "unclean" animals when saying that there would come a time when, with a bit of thought, you would be able to eat the unclean animals safely. I don't think he ever said you would be able to eat "abominations" safely. And what seems to have brought his prophecy into existence was controlling the diet of animals raised for consumption, especially the pig. Any pigs raised for bacon, sausage, ribs, pork chops, etc. today will be fed a strict diet of corn and other grains, and not allowed to run wild, where they could potentially eat something toxic or nasty. If you eat a pig, you're also effectively eating everything the pig ate.
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.
thanks 1 user thanked Bubsy for this useful post.
Fred Snell on 5/6/2015(UTC)
Offline Fred Snell  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 3:30:40 PM(UTC)
Fred Snell
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Offline Bubsy  
#14 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 2:08:01 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Yep, that video sums it up nicely.
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.