logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Devildog  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2007 11:58:16 AM(UTC)
Devildog

NEW YORK, 11 October 2007, (Arabisto.com):

The highest building in the United States, the Empire State Building, will be lit in green to mark the end of the month of Ramadan for the Muslim Holiday, Eid ul-Fitr (a celebration to break fast). Said to be an annual event, the timing of the lighting is contingent upon on the sighting of the moon. The holiday is expected to begin tomorrow and end on Sunday, as is the lighting.

According to an anonymous statement in the AFP, “This is the first time that the Empire State Building will be illuminated for Eid, and the lighting will become an annual event in the same tradition of the yearly lightings for Christmas and Hannukah.”

Depending on the family, Muslims in the United States celebrate the completion of Ramadan by dressing in their best clothes, congregating at local mosques for Salaat-al-Eid (holiday prayer), hosting friends and family to a large feast of food, and wishing upon others an Eid Mubarak (Happy Celebration).

Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2007 5:12:12 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
*sigh*

I don't even know what to say. But, I guess it is not much different than celebrating any other pagan holiday, except for the fact that Isalam wants to kill us.

Oh, but wait, they wrote a letter saying Islam is about love. Maybe those were just misunderstandings when they tried to kill us. That's it. They were just trying to show their love to us, and got carried away. It was supposed to be fireworks. It all makes sense now.

Can you taste the sarcasm?
Offline Devildog  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2007 6:13:38 AM(UTC)
Devildog

Ya know Icy, I've been away for a bit to research, how shall I say...illuminati/ bilberger/ tri lateral/ CFR/ skull and bones/ Bohemian Grove and thus the plan IN OPERATION for the "North American Union" and the currency change, and the suspension of Habias Corpus and the.....it just makes me want to cry. It literally brings tears to my eyes. Being a Marine compounds it a little I suppose. I think of all "we" have been through................. We should be ashamed of ourselves. Right now is among the saddest days of my life. I pray that Yahuweh lends me the strength to look at it in the perspective I am well aware of. That being, that this is only a confirmation of Him- and I shall be next to Him in the very near future. It's just terribly disturbing.
Offline Icy  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2007 9:47:39 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
DD, I know what you mean. I was military for awhile, myself.

Last year I was doing some research on similar things and writing blogs about what I found. If I had time, I probably still would. I was glad to be able to inform people, there were many that simply did not know any of the stuff going on, and they were outragged to find out. It's not so much "us" as a people (except for the apathy and lack of interest in what is going on) but rather our government that is the problem.
Offline Light1  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 3:00:46 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Good Lord, how many people have to die before Political Correctness is exposed for what it is? Why don't those idiots just prostrate themselves while they're at it?! While a lot of conspiracy stuff is nutty, there are some real forces moving behind the scenes in our government-you might check out http://www.standeyo.com/index1.html and http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/

You also ought to look up The New Atlantis and Riddles in Stone the Secret Architecture of Washington D.C., in these films they show the Masonic/Occult symbolism in the symbols in the Nation's capital and expose a lot of dark stuff some of our founders dabbled in!

While I don't want to step on anyone's toes and I really respect anyone who serves in our military (my dad is a Vietnam veteran), I would strongly recommend anyone who follows the Lord to not enlist, or if serving-get out the first chance you can do it honorably. Our government is corrupt and is throwing lives away and we don't need to get hurt 'feeding the beast' so to speak with our blood and lives helping Satan's agenda (Like creating Islam fundamentalist's newest playground in Iraq).

Edited by user Tuesday, October 16, 2007 8:07:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2008 9:58:41 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Ten-hut! DD, I'd rather you stand to attention to a different master than the President of the USA. :-) If you really want to heed The Message then you'd have to seek a discharge and plan a different career. Otherwise you may be, probably will be, asked to do things that will endanger yourself or those around you. I know that it is tough but no tougher than being a marine! At ease!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline jojocc  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:01:00 AM(UTC)
jojocc

The IDF is always looking for Volunteers ;-)

I too was in the military, I actually even spend six months in the 'Islamic fundamentalist's newest playground' - which was fun. I am too old now to enlist in the IDF, but if they'd take me I'd go.

As for a green Empire State Building, could it double as an advertisement to fight climate change?
Offline Devildog  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:23:33 AM(UTC)
Devildog

" I'd rather you stand to attention to a different master than the President of the USA."

Me too brother. And thank God it happened. My life has turned a complete 180 since those days. Not only do I now realize how insignificant politicians like the president are, I have complete and utter disdain for them. I now serve the only One who was ever worthy of it. I do so with all the energy and zeal I can muster each and every day. Doing so, has cost me friends and family (every last one of them) but I couldn't be happier. How weird is that, now that I think about it?

"As for a green Empire State Building, could it double as an advertisement to fight climate change? "

That's funny. I can almost hear the sales pitch.
Offline bitnet  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:55:22 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Good you DD! Talking about sales pitches... how about we print some stickers like, "Yahushua means Yahweh Saves" or "You found it? Find it again!"
Offline Devildog  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 5:00:08 AM(UTC)
Devildog

It seems very difficult to find merchandise which displays something positive or true. Your first suggestion would be great and I would display it. Your second one is hilarious, but counterproductive, I think. I recently found fellowship, for the first time in 6 years, and one of our brothers has a licence plate that reads "IN YSHUA". I thought that was cool. Now I realize that it must be his wifes idea as he rejects Yahushua as being God. It's a strange gathering but very interesting and festive, to say the least. There are Christmas observing Christians, Straight up Jew, messianic Jews which think we all endure the trib, and .....me. Luckily, the man leading it(Yahuda) is from the land, believes in Yahshua and lends insight to the lay of the land-in addition to reading every verse in Hebrew. God works in some incredible ways that aren't even noticed sometimes. I was just saying how I lost every family member or friend while on this journey, and now find myself writting about my new "family" in the very next post without even thinking about that until this very second. My birthday was just recently, and I look out on my table and see 8 or 9 cards sitting there. Not one is from a family member like usual, as they all know this date. They are from the new fellowship family provided by Yahuweh, and I never told one of them about my B-day, as I couldn't care less about it. What an enlightening thought, here at 9:59 am on a Friday....... That's my pops.
Offline bitnet  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 6:44:03 PM(UTC)
bitnet

DD, the suggestions were only tongue-in-cheek but if you think whatever has merit... You never know... you may strike it rich and be able to buy a nice piece of land somewhere to farm and to hold annual sukkoth gatherings with people your Pops brings to you as family... :-)