logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:29:36 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have been sharing how my family celebrates the Feast days with people and I have some folks genuinely interested in learning more. Many are on a path of searching. I know of those searching, few may actually find the path and be willing to join in the ride. However, I am curious if others have a specific process for sharing.

I know my own journey went through a process and I am not quite sure if I would have ended up here had I started with something like YY, possibly ITG - but even that was a bit shocking to my system.

Do most folks have kind of a flow or do you jump straight to ITG when searching Christians have questions? I actually don't "evangelize", just kind of share what I do matter-of-factly, but am noticing an increase in folks prodding for more information.

Thanks,

dajstill.
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:02:44 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Personally I don't send someone to any of Yada's work until the conversation has progressed to a point where I think they are likely to read it, unless they ask for something to read. I don't bring the subject up with most people, because I know that it will be a waste of time, I wait for them to bring it up and then engage from there. Early on I will start with whatever aspect they brought up, and use mostly my own words, or if in a written dialog I will copy and paste certain parts of Yada's work just because he puts it better than I can. I find it best to not beat them over the head with it, but to be patient with them, and try to stick to one subject at a time and stay focused.

Most people I have engaged with have little to no interest, they are happy in their lies, and don't want to hear it. I have had some however who find it interesting, but aren't willing to go any further than listening to me ramble. Almost no one has been interested in reading YY, or ITG, let alone doing the research for themselves. But some are at least questioning, and who know what will grow out of that. I think that everyone has a trigger question, something that they have always sort of not felt right about, and if you can find that and get them to question it openly you have a chance of getting them to question.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Richard  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 7:17:24 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I have found that, once the enormity of the task of researching the truth is realized, the person who thought they wanted to seek decides it isn't worth the effort. They confuse the meaning of Yahosha's declaration that His yoke is easy and His burden is light, thinking that the ice skating smooth path of Christianity must be correct because it is so easy.

Yahosha spoke of those who hear and receive the Word with joy, but then allow the cares of this life and the deceitfulness of riches to choke the Word so that it bears no fruit in their lives. It is saddening and, for me, frustrating to the point of near madness when someone stubbornly refuses to let themselves see the truth. Maybe I am becoming cynical, or maybe I am not what I think I am, but I am at the point now where I won't even bother trying to share with anybody anywhere. I just keep to myself. Every now and then I try to speak with my wife about the things of Yah, but that too is a no go.

Offline Sarah  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 2:45:48 PM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've been trying to share with folks within my sphere of influence, too. People are fearful of hearing anything that does not sound familiar, so they just shut it out, and tell you to shut up. I agreed to attend a women's study group the other night with my long-time good friend, Janice, with whom I have shared YY and printouts, etc. Well, I sat through a 2-hour Beth Moore video titled "The Law of Love" based on Deut, the part about feasting at the table and rejoicing before Yahowah, but Beth's point was that we should "enjoy eating and sharing", nothing about attending Yah's feasts. At the end, I felt inspired to speak up, so I said:

I think this is wonderful that your group here is studying Deuteronomy;
The title "Deuteronomy" means "Second Law"; the Hebrew title is "Dabarym"/Words/Statements;
"Torah" really doesn't mean 'law', but rather 'teaching';
The Torah is so important;
The Torah is the foundation, the Standard, to be used to test and evaluate all subsequent writings and teachings; and
We should observe each of Yahowah's seven appointed times . . .

At that point my friend unloaded on me with an emotional 10-minute lecture saying: "You had no right to speak that way to this group of deep, Bible-taught ladies, and you are obviously filled with the Spirit of Pride, as is the YY forum group . . ., that each of the different church denominations she has visited enriched her in many ways, and you don't have a 'corner on Truth' . . . you need to get back to a church . . . "

So, I guess I was too rude, overbearing, etc. Unless someone asks me, I won't say anything.

Offline Shema  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 10:02:58 PM(UTC)
Shema

When to share... who to share with... what to share... why share...

I was wondering why I should share anything with you all. Or even someone listening in. Whoever that may be. My best idea is to understand why say anything. I want to encourage those who want to keep YHVH's commands, in short, those who love YHVH. If I perceived this forum as out right rejecting YHVH, you wouldn't hear a peep from me. My hesitation would be if this forum is here to promote yet another religion or some guy's teachings. I've been called out of religion by YHVH and I am not going back. It smells of death and it's stench is strong in my nostrils. I can smell it on my own body and when I do, I wash it off as a disgusting scrape with some dead thing. Although I speak figuratively, I think some of you can understand what I mean.

My greatest fear strangely enough is not being rejected or hurting people's feelings. It's that I might say something unclean, something that's not true. Someone might actually act upon what I said and get hurt. If I say something that is not true, it should be rejected and so should I reject it. There is no substitute for being able to see. Obedience to what YHVH said (Torah) leads to sight. When one can see, lies are not really a problem as they are when one cannot see. So the key here is to obey. Sin is disobedience to what YHVH said (Torah) and leads to blindness and ultimately to death. So to encourage the keeping of Torah will help people to see and ultimately to life. That has been my experience. The Messiah said that those who keep his instructions would know what he is saying is true. And what he said is true.

This is my first post and ironically the topic is "Your process for sharing". I love nothing more than to talk with people about the truth. I am constantly reminded not to give pearls to swine. Obviously, it's not swine that is being talked about. It's people who are unclean. They are unclean because they have rejected his Torah, which is rejecting him. Sarah, I loved your post. I got a great chuckle out of it. You stood up for what is right. Good going. However, you do realize that telling the truth to those who have rejected Torah will have certain problems. One is to make you feel bad and to discourage you. However, still got your head and no bones broken. You were inspired by the way. And yes, your behavior was not very christian like. I like to remind people when the Messiah's behavior wasn't very christain like (they seem a bit puzzled). In retrospect, it seems obvious to me. Enduring 2 hours of nullifying YHVH's Torah in D'varim would get such a response. There is life in you.

Flinty, I noticed that christianity is inherently ante-Torah and ante-Messiah for that matter. If the fear of YHVH is the beginning of wisdom, understanding and knowledge, then christianity hasn't even gotten to the starting line. I havn't found one thing christianity has gotten right and if it happens get a few words in the correct order, the meaning is all wrong. Confusion is it's middle name (bavel). The renewed covenant writings can only be understood from a keeping of Torah perspective. If someone doesn't listen to Moshe and the prophets, then they won't listen to the Messiah. Yeah, that's right. Someone who comes back from the dead is what the Messiah was speaking about, which is himself.

One of my goals in sharing with someone is to be understood. If they understand and think what I am saying is tripe, so be it. I wouldn't have it any other way. Because the alternative is worse. That they must accept the truth and have no choice in the matter. That would be bad indeed (can explain at some other time). See, YHVH made man in such a state as to be able to either accept or reject the truth. Brilliant really when you can see it. In the end, YHVH will have the kind of fruit he wants.

Like dajstill, I don't evangelize. Israel is to be a light to the nations. Those who want to do what is right from YHVH's perspective will come to the light and those who don't will shun the light.

To summarize:
- remind myself of why I am opening my mouth (for example, to encourage)
- do they love YHVH or show signs of loving the truth MORE than themselves
- remind those of what YHVH said in the Tanakh and the renewed covenant writings

Or in other words, why encourage someone who hates YHVH with YHVH...

Shema
Offline Sarah  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 5:01:25 AM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thank you, Shema!

I see this situation and my friend's response as simply the natural result of hearing Yahowah's words. They are so unfamiliar with what Yahowah actually said, that His words sound foreign to them. Of course, the good news is that my friend's group is studying Dabarym at all . . .

BTW, my friend did call me the next day to apologize. She said: "I don't know what got into me, and I don't know why I felt so angry . . . " I understand.

Offline pauljw  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 3:52:26 PM(UTC)
pauljw

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
flintface wrote:
I have found that, once the enormity of the task of researching the truth is realized, the person who thought they wanted to seek decides it isn't worth the effort. They confuse the meaning of Yahosha's declaration that His yoke is easy and His burden is light, thinking that the ice skating smooth path of Christianity must be correct because it is so easy.

Yahosha spoke of those who hear and receive the Word with joy, but then allow the cares of this life and the deceitfulness of riches to choke the Word so that it bears no fruit in their lives. It is saddening and, for me, frustrating to the point of near madness when someone stubbornly refuses to let themselves see the truth. Maybe I am becoming cynical, or maybe I am not what I think I am, but I am at the point now where I won't even bother trying to share with anybody anywhere. I just keep to myself. Every now and then I try to speak with my wife about the things of Yah, but that too is a no go.

Flint,
I find myself in a similar situation, I feel it's likely my own lacking that precludes me from having the courage to openly talk about Yah and the Torah. I've been studying YY for years now and still have a hard time remembering so much of what I read. There was a young man at work that heard me say something one day in a moment of clarity that he said made more sense to him than anything he'd ever heard. He is totally unschooled in religion, which is an advantage. So we talked occasionally and I shared bits and pieces as time allowed without being preachy. Finally, I gave him a copy of AITG and that's where I lost him. It was just too overwhelming for him so he shared it with his grandfather who would have nothing to do with it as it was not anything like what he's been taught all his life.

I can't even get my adult son to get on board and take me seriously. However, I am fortunate to have my wife and young daughter that do understand and are on board with Yah and his covenant. It was hard to turn away from xmas and all the other pagan days that we had previously celebrated, but it's now been about 3 years and we're all good with it. We don't get all concerned about the mechanics of the migra'y. I feel that it's more important that we spend time trying to learn the meaning and purpose to facilitate our walk to Yah.

Long story short, I don't share anymore either, keeping to myself. Hopefully, as time goes on, I'll become more knowledgeable and be able to defend my position more effectively. And I know, I'm just supposed to trust Yah to provide the words and that's a huge guilt trip in my life, making me feel that much more inadequate.

Paul
Offline yedped  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:08:52 PM(UTC)
yedped

I think this is wonderful that your group here is studying Deuteronomy;
The title "Deuteronomy" means "Second Law"; the Hebrew title is "Dabarym"/Words/Statements;
"Torah" really doesn't mean 'law', but rather 'teaching';
The Torah is so important;
The Torah is the foundation, the Standard, to be used to test and evaluate all subsequent writings and teachings; and
We should observe each of Yahowah's seven appointed times . . .
Offline Anne  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 4:01:31 AM(UTC)
Anne

Does anyone on the forum have any plans to create printed copies of Into to God or Yada Yah?

I think it is more likely that someone casually pick up a book given to them and become interested in learning more, than it is that someone actively goes to a website or open a computer file that is suggested they read. I don’t have the slightest idea of how to go about this but would be interested in communicating with anyone who does.
Offline Noach  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 9:40:51 AM(UTC)
Noach

Intersestingly my girlfriend and I were just talking about this. She mentioned that printing it off and putting in a three ring binder would work. I have done this before, the only problem is it is a bit bulky. I was wondering how much it would cost to print a few bound books with Yada's permission. Probably alot but I thought is would be nice to give them out as presents. Anyone have any publisher friends?