logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline visitor  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:05:47 AM(UTC)
visitor

Actually, Yahweh (God) and Yahushua (whom we are used to calling Jesus) couldn't care less what we call them, when first approaching the throne of grace, in our ignorance (which we all had in the beginning) as long as we call them!

When we are yet babes, it is our sincerity, even in our ignorance of His name that causes Him to respond. He will teach us by the power of the Holy Spirit how to address Him and explain to us why it is important to do so. It is then up to us to either accept or reject this truth, but He will not relinquish the battle to get you out of darkness without giving you strong reasoning why you must surrender to the truth. In this surrendering, establishes the wheat from the tares, the goats from the sheep, those that remain pliable and those that have hardened their hearts in their vain tradition. It is after we have been given this truth that we become responsible for calling upon Him in His true name and the true name of His Son. To whom much is given, much is expected. There is no going back, and it is for our good that we understand why this is so important.

Edited by user Monday, September 10, 2007 11:31:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Jim  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:44:26 PM(UTC)
Jim
Man

I have to share that I didn't so much read YY as experience it! As a result, I too see the "time as short and the opportunity as enormous." It seems like everyday there is an opportunity to share something marvelous and outstanding concerning the Word and Yahweh. The evidence for His plan of salvation is frankly the most exciting subject you can study but even more exhilarating to share. Growing up steeped in denominational religiousity, I really took salvation for granted. When I came to understand the name of the Father and how He is manifest in the Son and Spirit, I began to see more clearly the depth and beauty of the priceless gift which was provided to us to choose freely! It started with knowing Yahweh.
Jim
Offline Yahsheba  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2007 10:54:10 AM(UTC)
Yahsheba

What does everyone think of this info? I surely don't want to call upon the wrong Name!!!

This web site said this: http://Jesus-messiah.com/html/the_name_Jesus.html

Yahweh was invented by corruption of YaBe of the Samaritan bible with the tetragrammation YHVH. Genebrardus altered YaBe into YaVe. By providing the silent "h" he formed YaHveH. The letter "v" (vau) was later changed into a Yiddish "w" (waw) sound and YaHweH became the more popular guess name of scholars.

Please go here too:

http://www.nccicharlotte.net/pdf/Name-Divine.pdf

I look forward to some feedback.

Shalom,

Yahsheba
Offline Jeannie  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2007 2:07:09 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Boy Swalchy you can't get any clearer than that!!
Here is another pdf file on the names that is very good. http://realmessiah.name/pdf/name.pdf
Offline shohn  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2007 6:57:45 PM(UTC)
shohn

Are the pictures above the oldest that are available or are there even earlier versions? It seems like in YY many of the dead sea scrolls are dated at somewhere around 200-100 BCE. Are there pictures of these available as well?
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2007 10:52:20 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
nice swalchy, very nice :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline todd  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:58:17 AM(UTC)
todd

I believe that it is important to recognize that Yahushua and Jesus are two very different "beings" for lack of a better word.

While many of us first learned about and worshipped Jesus we later discovered that this christ represented by the Christian Church was not the same as the Messiah named Yahushua.

Sadly, those that do not recognize this difference may end up following erroneous doctrine their entire lives.

A thorough reading of the Scriptures reveals that names are actually quite critical.

It is how we identify the One that we serve and the commandments that we obey.

In fact, "there is no other Name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12) - Yahushua.

And of course the Name Yahushua proclaims that: "YHWH saves" which is completely consistent with all that we read in the Tanak.

I did not receive this declaration from the name or the teachings of the Jesus that I learned about in the Christian religion.

These are heavy issues and that is why our Creator is very concerned that we know His Name while the adversary is opposed to this revelation. He seeks to deflect worship away from YHWH to different gods and christs.

I see that while I am writing this post some excerpts from my book are being posted so I will let them speak for me.

Blessings and Shalom to All

Offline Yada  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:14:16 AM(UTC)
Yada

Thanks Todd and welcome to the forum! I hope that you will contribute regularly (if you can find the time that is; I know that you are busy finishing up your latest book in the "Walk in the Light" series - www.shemayisrael.net). Thank you for allowing us to reprint the extract from your book - Names.

Again, welcome to the forum.

-Yada
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline FF  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2007 5:42:23 AM(UTC)
FF
Man

Swalchy, Yada and Todd,

Thank you for introducing us to Todd's books and this reprint from "Names".

I just keep falling more and more in Love with Yah as I get to know His name and His Salvation. The joy that comes from knowing Yah on a personal and intimate level is so far beyond what I ever known as a Spirit Filled believer. Yah has been wooing me as he has all of you to know him and not just know of him. Jesus may have been how I was introduced to Yah's kingdom but Yahushua is the fullness of Yah's Salvation of which Jesus never fulfilled because that name does not point me directly to Yahuweh in grammar or transliteration.

Todd, welcome to YY Forum and thank you for accepting Yah's call to write and express TRUTH...

Swalchy, it was nice to hear your voice last night in the chat room. Sorry for all the audio trouble.

Yada, blessed is he who comes in the name of Yah. That is you.

HalleluYah,
FF
FF
Offline Jeannie  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2007 8:25:11 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Oh thank you Swalchy!!! I just could not figure out how to get those up!!! Todd welcome to the forum and thanks so much for such wonderful books. I have used your book to lead people into Yada Yahweh. I hope you find the time to read Yada Yahweh, Future History and The Owners Manuel. I am looking forward to your latest book!!
Jeannie
Offline rs  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2007 9:03:00 AM(UTC)
rs

I recently took some Hebrew classes given by an observant Jew from Israel and we spent some time on reading scripture and whenever we got to YHWH he'd read it as Adonai. And we'd ask him why not pronounce it properly as Yahuweh? And we was so close minded about the name it became pointless to debate it. In some circles they don't even use Adonai, instead Hashem, or 'the Name'.

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2007 2:38:44 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
rs wrote:
I recently took some Hebrew classes given by an observant Jew from Israel and we spent some time on reading scripture and whenever we got to YHWH he'd read it as Adonai. And we'd ask him why not pronounce it properly as Yahuweh? And we was so close minded about the name it became pointless to debate it. In some circles they don't even use Adonai, instead Hashem, or 'the Name'.

Its like Christians saying "The Lord"
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Matthew  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2007 8:43:53 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Does anyone know of a web link that has a voice recording of the correct pronunciations?
Offline Jeannie  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2007 1:09:29 PM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Matthew, you can go here and hear it in these audio files. http://www.eliyah.com/audio/