logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shohn  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2007 11:08:24 PM(UTC)
shohn

Any of you guys had a look at this?

http://www.yahweh.com/bookofyahweh.htm

--
Shohn of Texas
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2007 3:48:17 AM(UTC)
kp

I'm afraid I'm with Swalchy on this one (as much as I wanted the hype to be true). I took a quick look at their sample page of Genesis 1, and the fourth English word is rendered YHWH, not "God" or some other faithful translation of what's really there, Elohim. Of course, we know that Elohim's name is Yahweh, but in order for a translation to be valuable, it has to be accurate. Yada's approach in Yada Yahweh is valid: "The Masorete vowel pointing is suspect, but the consonant roots are sacrosanct." But with this new translation, they've done precisely the same thing that got us into so much trouble in the first place---they've substituted one word for another because they "knew" it to be true. If I can't get past the first line without spotting a purposeful error (without even having to look it up, its so obvious), then the trust factor in this translation has failed the test, big-time.

kp
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2007 4:45:47 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
To make things worse, this translation is from the "House of Yahweh" whose leader thinks he is one of the two witnesses and that his dead friend is the other witness. He said that August 2006 was going to be the start of the tribulation with three nuclear warheads going off in the middle east. He had an exact day, but I don't remember what it was, obviously it didn't happen, so he just changed the date I think.

I don't remember the passage, but there was at least one (I think he even posts it somewhere on the site) that he rewrote to support his claim that he is one of the witnesses. It is a very blatant change. He has a bit of a cult following too. I remember reading a news article about some folks in Africa that follow him (though he is based in Texas) that had put themselves up in a bomb shelter and wouldn't come out.
Offline shohn  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2007 6:14:25 AM(UTC)
shohn

Understood. Thanks for the heads up and saving me and presumably others from wasting some money.
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2007 8:24:48 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
kp wrote:
I'm afraid I'm with Swalchy

dont worry, most people are afraid when they are with Swalchy ;)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:47:07 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Are any of you familiar with The Scriptures, published by The Institute for Scripture Research? What do you think?

http://www.isr-messianic...bs/the_scriptures.shtml.

And what about The Restoration Scriptures True Name Edition and The Hebraic Roots version?
Offline rs  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 12:35:19 PM(UTC)
rs

I like the ISR even though it's not always a clear reference with YY, but Yada brings out things that can't be found in any Bible as far as I know.

IT's also a good conversation piece. When people see the Hebrew words for Yahweh and Yahshua, they ask about it which opens the dialogue about the the issues that have drawn us here.
Offline Jim  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:19:26 PM(UTC)
Jim
Man

Matthew,
Like rs, I have a copy of The Scriptures by ISR. Outside of the names it seems to be more like a New King James Version translation. Also, they print the Hebrew out for Yahuweh and Yahushua instead of just coming out and taking a crack at it. (Their explanation for this is weak.) I agree with rs, it does make for a good conversation piece when you plop that down next to someone at church. It just begs the question and provides an interesting starting point for talking about all the important characters who have Yah as part of their name. Oh? and why is that? ... For having a hard back study text I really prefer The Amplified Bible. It wasn't hard to read the expanded translations of text in YY after already having studied in this version.

BTW: Good to have you on board!
Jim
User is suspended until 6/17/2124 4:37:23 PM(UTC) BillyBobthethird  
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2010 3:15:12 AM(UTC)
BillyBobthethird
Man

Having eyes they can not see.

BBBTT
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2010 2:17:38 PM(UTC)
BillyBobthethird
Man

Swalchy wrote:
Yeah - I've stumbled on that "translation" before - And no, it's not a faithful translation at all. Just look at their first page of John chapter 1 and you can see from the footnotes that they're completely on the wrong page regarding Yahushua, eg, saying He is a created man:

http://www.yahweh.com/boyyahch1.html

They also replace the Hebrew "elohiym" with "Yahweh" constantly, therefore not being accurate to the Old Covenant either:

http://www.yahweh.com/boygen1.html

Just completely butchered the specifcness of Yahuweh mentioning His Name 7000 times in the Old Covenant.

Pardon me Swalchy

Since Father Yahweh has the Name "YAHWEH" why in the world would anyone call Him by a pagan title? Proverbs 30:4.& Psalms 68:4
el and elohim are pagan titles just like the word or title God (el ) and gods (elohim) and should never be used to REPLACE FATHER YAHWEH'S NAME!
Remember what Satan said to Eve in Bereshith ( Genesis ) 3:5 you will be as elohim?
All the confusion is removed from the Scriptures when we see that Satan has deceived the whole world with this one little word GOD. Rev.12:9
When we call Father Yahweh by a title that has nothing at all to do with Him and everything to do with Satan the God of this world we are deceived. 2 Cor.4:4
The Messiah said He came in His Father's Name. YAHSHUA means YAHweh's Salvation in Hebrew as you know.
Where is el or elohim in Yahshua's Name?
Remember too that every time Yahshua's Name is read, written, spoken, or heard it still brings glory and honor to Father Yahweh Who sent Him.
Guess I just can't understand how anyone that says they know Father Yahweh and His Son Yahshua Messiah would not want to use the wonderful Name when speaking of our faithful, righteous and loving heavenly Father Who's Name alone is YAHWEH.
If I may be so bold as to post a link that proves this point.

http://www.yahweh.com/Booklets/Whois/Whois.htm

May Holy Spirit that inspired the prophets
and apostles to write to us bless all who are seeking truth.

Remember Yahshua's words in Yahchanan ( John ) 6:63 " It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The Laws that I speak to you, they are Spirit, and they are life everlasting.

Offline James  
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2010 2:49:42 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Billy bob, let me first say I have read several of your posts so far, and I agree with you for the most part. But here I have to disagree. Unless you can show me an older source than the Dead Sea Scrolls, where 'el and 'elohym are not present, I see no problem with using 'el or 'elohym, as those are the titles that he inspired, and indeed in the case of the commandments, wrote with his own hand. And since 'el and 'elohym simply mean the mighty one, or the mighty ones in Hebrew, which is an accurate description of Yahuweh. But the main point is the question pertained to the faithfulness of the translation to the actual Hebrew/Greek text, and since the oldest manuscripts we have to go on use 'el and 'elohym, any other suggestion is pure speculation.

But since this post was specifically directed at Swalchy, and he is more than capable of defending himself, I will let him respond himself.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline J&M  
#12 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2010 1:39:49 AM(UTC)
J&M

Elohim of Elohim in hebrew has a special emphatic meaning by which YHWH elevates himself above gods. Remembering that Adam and the woman became gods (elohim) knowing good from evil. This is confirmed by YHWH when he observed "the man is become as one of us, to know good from evil"

Everytime I use my godship (knowledge of good and evil as defined to me by my 'physical' senses) I break the first commandment, and this is what sin is really all about.

If YHWH is MY Elohim, then I have put aside my own godship and taken upon myself His godship. Similarly when the Children of Israel took Baal as their elohim, they became spiritually identified with an alternative deity over and above their own deity.

But most people just worship their own elohim.....
#13 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 2:34:05 PM(UTC)
BillyBobthethird
Man

Have you too forgotten Father Yahweh's Name for BAAL? LORD?
No thanks.
I see el and elohim as a Goddamned pagan title,.... nothing more nothing less.
And yes I will stand before Father Yahweh and answer for that statement.

BBTT
Offline alienmusician  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:11:11 AM(UTC)
alienmusician

So is there a faithful translation? or at least something close to it?

Thanks
Bryan
Offline danshelper  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:32:04 AM(UTC)
danshelper

I'm interested in the Mechanical Translation project. Has anyone here used these resources? Thanks.
Offline Richard  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 7:26:32 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
danshelper wrote:
I'm interested in the Mechanical Translation project. Has anyone here used these resources? Thanks.

I just downloaded all the e-Sword resources, but they don't seem to work. I have also watched some of the videos on the website. It is too early to decide whether I find the work useful or not. But thanks for the information. Their work looks promising.
Offline James  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 7:37:28 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Swalchy wrote:
Unfortunately no place to get James' one at the moment, although I would expect that to change very soon :)

Actually mine is available on the forum here >> http://www.yadanews.com/...ipture-Only-Version.aspx

It's not perfect, but I try to render it as best as possible.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline RidesWithYah  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:58:31 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

On "Elohim", from the Taruwah chapter of YY:

Quote:
The Hebrew word for “god” is ‘el, the plural of which is ‘elohym. It is used in
the plural in this statement because Yahuweh represents Himself to mankind as
our Heavenly Father, as our Spiritual Mother, and as the Messiah Yahushua, the
human manifestation of ‘elohym.
Literally translated, ‘elohym means “mighty ones.” In this case, might
represents extraordinary power, ability, and authority. However, as a title, it is just
a word, one whose meaning is most accurately translated into English as “God.”
While many people prefer to transliterate the title ‘Elohym as if it were God’s
name, Yahuweh often uses the Hebrew word to describe false deities. Therefore, I
have most always elected to translate it as an aid to understanding, recognizing
that less than one in a million people speak Hebrew.

... and I look forward to reading James!