logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FF  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2007 6:02:22 AM(UTC)
FF
Man

As I have been reading and listening to Yada Yahweh, I have noticed only a couple times the use or mention of Yahweh called MASTER.

My question is did Yahweh or Yahshua ever call himself in scripture MASTER, OWNER, RULER or DESPOT? OBEY ME? Or does Yahweh say follow my instruction that you may live in a peaceful civil society of order. But or IF. It is your CHOICE.

Or are the only references in scripture to MASTER, LORD and SUBMITT TO ME all about Satan?

Seems to me there are a lot of Buts and Ifs in scripture,

FF
FF
Offline YY  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:28:29 AM(UTC)
YY
Man

The answer isn’t an easy one. In the Old Covenant we know that man replaced Yahweh with LORD 7000 times, but there are still other mentions of adon and adonay, which are translated “lord.” But when we look at the Dead Sea Scrolls, many of these vanish. Of those which remain, we have an option. The Hebrew only provides the consonant root of the word, so it could just as easily be edon, meaning “upright one or pillar of the tabernacle.” Every use of adon/edon, in proximity to Yahweh could be “upright one” and not “lord” in the OC.

The few places in which YY translates adon as “master” in connection to Yah, were written prior to discovering the edon answer and they have not yet been edited.

In the Renewed Covenant, kurios, translated “lord,” isn’t ever written out in relation to Yahushua in any of the first, second, or third century MSS. A placeholder is used, meaning that there was something about the Greek term which wasn’t appropriate or accurate. There are seven such placeholders which were universally used.

Moreover, Greek was a translation of what was actually said. Further, the Textus Receptus, upon which all English Bibles are based, has very little credibility, as it was based on late MSS and very poor scholarship. And, to add to this, kurios, in the form of a placeholder, could be referencing edon, and thus “the upright pillar.”

Yahweh wants us to know, understand, trust, rely upon, prioritize, respond to, and heed His Word. When we do these things, we are adopted into His family as His children. There is no “master, lord, or submit” in a loving family.

YY
Offline Tiffany  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2007 10:02:57 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

So along the lines of no- master, lord, or submit...

What about the term servant?
Offline FF  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2007 1:40:53 AM(UTC)
FF
Man

Tiffany,

See my note on this subject on your Coming out into What? Post.

FF
FF