logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline LexBrand  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:36:32 AM(UTC)
LexBrand
Woman

This is my first post after introducing myself. I warned I would ask dumb questions so here goes!

Three random seemingly contradictory items. Trivial but they bother me. (Sorry if I don't yet use all the proper Hebrew names of the book authors and characters yet.)

1. The women buying spices for Yahowsha's burial. Mark 16:1 Luke 23:56 Luke 24:1. Perhaps this is a translation problem, or a problem with this only appearing in Mark and Luke (not eyewitnesses), but the verses say they bought them in between the Sabbaths. Which would put an extra day into the timeline. YY explains the High Sabbath of Unleavened Bread fell on the regular Sabbath, which leaves no time for buying and preparing spices before First Fruits, like the verses seem to indicate.

2. On First Fruits, graves were opened and many were seen that I assume eventually rose up to heaven. I'm also assuming these "many" were the righteous men and women of old - David, Abraham, Adam, Noah etc. Now, Elijah and Enoch didn't die. But the two men the apostles saw on the mount of transfiguration with Yahowsha were Moses and Elijah. (Matt. 17:3) Josephus, in his history makes an intriguing comment about their belief that Moses didn't die in front of anyone, that his body was never found. If the mount of transfiguration account is accurate, Moses couldn't have been in the First Fruits harvest with Yahowsha, he must have been taken in an earlier harvest, or he didn't die - like Elijah and Enoch, right?

3. I am intrigued by the YY translations about only "thousands" ending up being in covenant, spoken of in the 10 Words (Statements) and the Sermon on the Mount. But then I was thinking that there must have been a lot of Yisraelites, from Moses' time through the kings, who were in covenant. I mean, there were blocks of time where they got back on track. And the 144,000 spoken of in Revelation. Seems like a lot of people.

I don't know, maybe I'm just confused with poor translations. Any clarity on these issues would be welcome.
Offline knowing1  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:10:08 PM(UTC)
knowing1

LB.

I responded to your post in Announcements.

You are asking questions and engaging in Yah's Word! This is what it is all about!! This is what Yah gave us the intelligence for!! This is what He expects from us to come into relationship with Him and be part of His family!

It does take work and time to observe, know, understand, and ultimately respond to Yah and His Word.

Answers to your questions are in Yah's Word, and probably have been addressed throughout the forum.

I have been listening to Yada Yah Radio and Shattering Myths since day one, and have been educating myself as well.

I am still struggling with my "imperfections" as this is part of being human, but the comfort I feel in the continual enlightenment I am receiving is truly awesome!!

Welcome to the family!