logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Camille  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 6:56:45 AM(UTC)
Camille

Shalom,

Is there anyone out there who has read the "lost" volume of Peter titled, The Nazarene Acts of the Apostles: The Recognitions of Clement--The Preaching of Peter and The Ascents of James From the Journal of T. Flavius Clemens?

It claims to be an authentic record of the epitomes of Peter's acts and preaching, as recorded by Clement, a student of Peter's.

What is interesting is that it is said to read like an alternative "Book of Acts" that portrays Paul in a negative light, and claims that Paul perpetrated a vicious attack upon Ya'akov (James), and at one time hurled Ya'akov down the steps and left him for dead, which broke both of Ya'akov's legs.

The person who emailed me a copy is very excited about it and convinced of its authenticity. Since it is two or three hundred pages long, I am wondering if it is worth the investment of time. If anyone out there has read it, I'd be interested in your take on it.
Offline dajstill  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:43:54 PM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have read a few of them. While I would give them "plausible" on some accounts, I wouldn't take time away from reading, re-reading, translating, and re-translating the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms.

They are interesting, and I especially like the "Letter from Peter to James", but I don't think there is anything particular to gain from reading them - so I would do it only as a hobby if I had some spare time.
Offline tagim  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 5:30:54 PM(UTC)
tagim
Man

Camille, I have read the papers you refer to. Interesting, credible and believable. Dajstill is spot on. There is enough to study to learn in the TPS than something interesting that cannot be verified. There are no citations at all to the episode about Paul/Sha'ul (s/p) pushing James down the stairs and leaving him for dead.