logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Theophilus  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 9:03:04 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I celebrated Yowm Taruw'ah with my "local" Messianic Congregation during which was played a short video clip that I thought you might enjoy:

http://www.jewishimpactf...ilm_id=1&action=play

I hope that it plays for you

;<)
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 6:46:39 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Taruw'ah is soon. Sundown Sep 29 to sundown Sep 30, to be exact.

Quote:
Lev 23:24 "Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, saying, ‘In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you have a rest, a remembrance of blowing of trumpets, a set-apart gathering.
Lev 23:25 ‘You do no servile work, and you shall bring an offering made by fire to יהוה.’ ”

Quote:
Num 29:1 ‘And in the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you have a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work, it is a day of blowing the trumpets for you.
Num 29:2 ‘And you shall prepare a burnt offering as a sweet fragrance to יהוה: one young bull, one ram, seven lambs a year old, perfect ones,
Num 29:3 and their grain offering: fine flour mixed with oil, three-tenths of an ĕphah for the bull, two-tenths for the ram,
Num 29:4 and one-tenth for each of the seven lambs,
Num 29:5 and one male goat as a sin offering, to make atonement for you,
Num 29:6 besides the burnt offering with its grain offering for the New Moon, the continual burnt offering with its grain offering, and their drink offerings, according to their right-ruling, as a sweet fragrance, an offering made by fire to יהוה.

KP's new chapter of WMM elaborates: Dates of Destiny:Future Tense

Obviously these offerings can not be done without a temple or a priesthood. But, we can "do no servile work." Is there any thing else anyone will be doing to set this day apart?

Remember also, that the Jewish people (even many messianics) will likely be celebrating Rosh Hashannah on this day. If you ask any of them what that means, they will tell you "Head of the Year," i.e. the Jewish New Year. But, it clearly states in scripture that this is not in the new year, as the begining of the year starts in the Spring, which barley is ready to harvest. Rosh Hashannah was the Babylonian new year. So, if you feel so inclined, you might want to point these things out to any of your Jewish friends.

Edited by user Monday, September 15, 2008 12:49:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Had the date wrong.

Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:21:04 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Thanks for the amusing video. Since about two weeks ago, I was personally introduced to the shofar by some messianics who brought a few back from Israel. It is definitely not an easy horn to blow, and it certainly can be alarming. It was strange hearing it in an apartment building celebrating the Sabbath and the the new moon the following day. I wondered what the neighbours in Singapore would say about the strange sounds in an urban environment but then again most people there are quite tolerant. I am tempted to buy one (without telling the wife first as we also live in a condominium but in Muslim Malaysia) but I'm afraid that it'll be kept in a corner as it is largely ceremonial and I do not follow any messianic liturgies that require the blowing of the shofar. Of course, when we do gather I expect that someone shall blow the shofar. Should we keep one at home and blow it on Yom Taruw'ah? Sounds like a good idea to me...
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 8:52:10 AM(UTC)
kp

Funny video, Theo. Shofar, so good! That garage door must be a believer in Yahshua. It's the only thing that's going up.

I should note, bitnet, that shouting for joy works, too. Otherwise, we're gonna have an extreme goat shortage one of these days.

Oh, and may I put in one more shameless plug for the latest chapter of The Owner's Manual?

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 1:39:07 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
kp wrote:
Oh, and may I put in one more shameless plug for the latest chapter of The Owner's Manual?

kp

yes :D
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 6:51:03 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Point noted KP, which is why I actually downloaded some videos on blowing the shofar for accompaniment whan I raise a racket. It may also be a good idea to start a trade with someone in New Zealand and Australia as they have plenty of sheep there... and many rams... way far more than there are members of the ekklesia now.

And whoever reads this, please do visit The Owner's Manual and get this latest chapter from KP and understand what we are on about. The upcoming Moed'im is one that requires noise! Just how we go about it I am not so sure but it's something that should not be so hard to do. :-)
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 3:00:18 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
noise, from us brits... why we are so reserved...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...