logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Camille  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 8:04:46 AM(UTC)
Camille

I once heard a claim that "Jehovah" means "God of destruction" [or disaster]. When I tried to research "Yahowah," I found that "howah" does appear to have the same root as "showah." (At least from what I could find on the internet; I have no good reference books at my command.) I'm wondering if this is accurate, and whether there could be any relevance in this, as certainly Yah's enemies will be destroyed when His Kingdom comes.

I was trying to look into what significance there may also be in regard to the ending, "shua," on the name, "Yahoshua." The two places where the rendering, "Yahoshua" appears in Torah are powerful verses about the defeat of Yah's enemies. Could "shua" be related to "shoah?" Or could the pronunciation possibly even be shoah instead of shua?

I am further wondering if Yom Kippurim may be about fires of destruction being brought upon them, which would certainly be good reason to blow the Trumpet a few days earlier!

What (if any) semantic differences can be found in the different renderings of Yahosha, Yahshua, and Yahoshua?