logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:24:28 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
In thinking about Yadas upcoming show "Shattering the Myths" I was thinking about the word "Yada" and thought how there are just some really perfect words in the Hebrew language.

yada

tapillah

shamar

It is just so amazing just how perfect were the words YHWH used and and had flowing through the Hebrew language. Think about how amazing it would be to come up with a perfect word that summarizes so many things like those found in the amplified scriptures. I am constantly amazed by how much I "get it" when reading through the amplified verses. I can imagine hearing the undefiled torah instructions and just completely understanding what YHWH was saying, what He meant. Even the word "towrah" is perfect.

I am still amazed that as I read through the amplified scriptures I just get it. No need for a teacher, a pastor, a rabbi, no one. Of course I often bounce things around here or with my husband or mom. But really - it is just so plain.

Then I think about how many Greek, Latin, and English words are just so wrong of a fit. For instance, the word "trinity" just rolls off the tongue. But, when I am trying to explain to someone what the relationship between YHWH, Yahowsha, and the Set Apart Spirit I need so many words because there is no one word to truly describe it and keep that person from thinking "trinity".

When I think about what "towrah" means, it makes total sense that it isn't about "laws" and how you can be "imperfect" in the concept of keeping them all - but you can observe them all and still be loved by Yah and in right relationship with Yah. But, there just isn't an appropriate English word to describe towrah without using a thousand words and 4 pictures.

The same with shamar - it is a perfect word. It is so hard to explain in English terms the difference between observe and do versus the concept of obey. Because I am such an infant when it comes to translation - if there isn't an amplified translation available I feel myself getting a bit frustrated and anxious. It's because I KNOW this isn't really what it says. I can now read through scriptures in various translations and I can immediately tell what is wrong (or only partially translated, or they used a wrong interpretation, etc.) but I want to scream because I am not yet skilled enough to find it out myself. I know in my heart if I could just "yada" it, if I could just figure it out, if I could just get the right Hebrew word I could find my way.

One thing I miss from christanity is the songs - such wonderful "music" with all the wrong words. I look through the Psalm's and my heart pants to be able to sing them - unadulterated, what Dowd really said. He so "got it", he so got the Towrah and so many of his words are my words. Some days I just long to be able to sit back and sing, and sing, and sing. Just to sing all the perfect words to describe how I feel (either happy or sad, excited or frustrated, uplifted or disappointed). Anyone else ever get like that? What you so long for those words that are just so perfect, so fitting.

Its like sometimes I feel like a foreigner who has fallen in love with someone in which we don't speak the same language. I want to tell Yah all these wonderful things, even the Set Apart Spirit and I feel like and I am stuck because the words I know just can't really express it right.

I know the entire "He knows my heart" thing, but I really have the urge to tell Yah. Anyone else ever get like that? And then there are things where I so want to know what he really meant - what was He trying to tell me? What did Yah want me to know? It is so frustrating when you looking at a passage and you KNOW that is not what it is supposed to say! There is something missing, something off, some word that Yah used that would make it all make sense and its not there. Am I the only one?
Offline Richard  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:58:17 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I was impressed - if I understood him correctly - by Yada's description of how he simply asked Yah to provide for him understanding as part of their work agreement. That reminded me of Solomon's request and how Yah seems to delight in dishing out lavish proportions of understanding and wisdom.