logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 2:27:36 PM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Okay, I would love some advice! As I have mentioned before, we home school our kids. Their Mandarin teacher is moving out of state (which isn't a bad thing since Mandarin is such a pagan language my children are now fluent in paganism in two languages instead of just one! Didn't realize this until after we started to come into truth). So, in language planning, I thought I would go ahead and introduce Hebrew to us as a family.

Here is my question. I have seen it suggested that learning Hebrew (modern and biblical) isn't overly beneficial - especially when looking to translate scriptures from the Towrah. However, that advice has been mainly directed at adults. My thoughts that I have floating around in my head is in planning our home school schedule for the fall is debating between teaching the kids (and myself) hebrew letters or teaching them amplified words. I guess it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. My kids are young (eldest is currently six) - so its not like I would be doing this at the exclusion of them learning to translate on their own or something like that. My youngest two just learned to read English.

I would be designing all of our materials myself, so I am not too worried about them being too carried away with religious stupidity. I would probably be designing things from YY, ITG, and other amplified scriptures I have learned from you all. As we all grow as a family and they get older, we will work towards translating ourselves - but we are pretty far away from time right now.

Any thoughts? Would love any advice. I am very willing to share any materials I develop for the kids so people can use them with their own young children or grandchildren if they desire. I am just looking for advice on the best place to "start" (letters, words, entire scriptures?). I have already decided that once we get more into handwriting practice, they will be practicing using amplified scriptures. But, this is such a good time to teach children a language and I would much rather they learn something eternally beneficial rather than spend another year learning things we have to deprogram from after class (yes, they learned all about the moon festival, the dragon festival, and ever other pagan Chinese festival and became quite fluent in a short amount of time). They are ripe for learning, so I really want to do teach things that make sense.

Thankfully, they are questioners and my eldest is a natural skeptic - so we have great conversations. They are almost scary smart (this year our science was physics, not "child" physics, but real life physics even using some college level text) - so I am trying to be conscience of allowing them to find truth through rationale, thinking, and examining evidence rather than the christian "belief and faith" I was raised in. It's hard sometimes because when they ask a tough question (like how big is Yah and how old is Yah) I have fight giving answers that frustrate them (like "go ask Him") and I for the life of me haven't figured out an answer that satisfies them. My daughter (4) has taken to asking me those two on a regular basis because my answers are not satisfying her curiosity. So, on another note - if anyone out there has advice on answering these let me know! I need a good answer on the concept of time - maybe I should read to them the first YY chapter - those cover the concept of time, right? I started reading the redone YY chapters out of order, focusing on the feast first so I would be ready for them. But my kids are stomping me with there foundational concept questions.

Thanks!
Offline cgb2  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 9:13:16 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Here's some good audio lessons, which by lesson 12 the first verse of genesis
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/7_home.html
Offline Mike  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 6:05:45 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Dajstill,

That’s awesome that your kids are studying physics.

How big is Yah? Since Yah created the entire universe he would have to be bigger than the entire universe. The region visible from Earth (the observable universe) is a sphere with a radius of about 46 billion light years,[19] based on where the expansion of space has taken the most distant objects observed. For comparison, the diameter of a typical galaxy is only 30,000 light-years, and the typical distance between two neighboring galaxies is only 3 million light-years.[20] As an example, our Milky Way Galaxy is roughly 100,000 light years in diameter,[21] and our nearest sister galaxy, the Andromeda Galaxy, is located roughly 2.5 million light years away.[22] There are probably more than 100 billion (1011) galaxies in the observable universe.[23] Typical galaxies range from dwarfs with as few as ten million[24] (107) stars up to giants with one trillion[25] (1012) stars, all orbiting the galaxy's center of mass. A 2010 study by astronomers estimated that the observable universe contains 300 sextillion (3×1023) stars.[26] And now physicists think that the observable universe is only about 5% of the entire universe.

How old is Yah? Yah is multidimensional and lives outside of the realm of time. But since Yah created the universe, he is older than 15 billion years from our perspective.

Shalom
Offline dajstill  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 2:29:14 PM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks guys!

cgb2 - love that sight! We are going to have fun there!

Mike - THANKS YOU! That is the exact type of answer I was looking for. I have to print it out and go over it with the kids. Love it!