logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dajstill  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 9, 2012 2:17:38 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Would anyone like to share their Shabuwa plans?

I am very excited about this one. I will be trying to bake bread from scratch for the first time! I am also going to try to make a cake from scratch as well. My husband and I are still deciding on who all to invite. But, I just really excited for this Miqra (all the others too, but since this one is on the horizon - yippee!).

Anyone have a great bread recipe?
Offline cgb2  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 9, 2012 7:41:46 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Offline FredSnell  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:32:03 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
My wife and I might be planning on setting up a few picnic tables and grill hotdogs (hebrew nationals of course) and have and ice chest with beer and bottled water for the adults. Only those within walking distance
would be invited. We're still up in the air though b/c she tends to shy away from unknown neighbors and around here, an eye for caution is always appropiate.
Offline knowing1  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 4:54:39 AM(UTC)
knowing1

I do not have any bread recipes to post, although I did make a Rosemary bread that was quite delicious quite a few years ago (have not baked in years sorry to say!)

However, let us not get caught up in the literal presentation of what we should be "doing" on Shabuwah.

Lots of people will be gathering for the ritualistic Memorial Day BBQ's today. This is a perfect opportunity to enlighten all those wherever we may be as to what the significance is of Yah's Miqrah of Shabuwah! That this is the time when we are elightened, enriched and empowered by the Yah through His Word (Torah).

Yada discussed Shabuwah this previous week, may Yah bless him. The Jewish people do indeed believe that the Torah was "given" on Mt. Sinai on "Shavuous" (this is what I was conditioned to believe!). Jewish Tradition holds that the Torah was a physical thing that was given to us on this day, but rabbinic judaism stops there. However, if you read the portion of Shemot (Exodus) that details what took place, Yah descended from the mountain to give His Word not by written means, but through their (Israelites) heart and minds. There were those that just could not receive the Word (Torah) as presented on the mountain. The depiction describes an unbearable loud blast of noise to those that were not ready to receive the Word of Yah. To those that were prepared, it was a beautiful harmonious communication into their inner being!

After what I myself have been enlightened with, through studying the Word that opened my mind to the Truth, I concur with Yada's analysis. The only logical conclusion one can come to is that Yah did indeed "give" us his Torah to enlighten us so that we become empowered and enriched by His Word. Again, I came to this realization since this is the ONLY logical conclusion one can come to. It makes perfect sense, as Yah's Torah must make perfect sense! Shabuwah would be the next logical step after Bikkurim and but before Taruwah!

Again, let us take the opportunity of this extended "holiday" weekend to share what we all have come to know. It could be as simple as just explaining what Shabuwah is to family and friends. Give them the spark and let let use the brain that Yah has given all of us to decide for themselves.

It is just such a shame that most people put such great effort into misdirected celebrations this Memorial Day weekend and not into celebration Yah's beautiful word!

May Yah bless all those who have come into a true relationship with Him through his beautiful and perfect Word!
Offline FredSnell  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 7:53:18 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

I thank you for what you have so elegantly stated above, knowing1. I too believe this is what a loving Father would expect from those He has "enlightened." Make it a great day for those around you by explainig this day, where ever you are, if you can.
Offline dajstill  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 9:02:39 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
While I agree with the sentiment - I happen to enjoy the feasts! Me, my husband, my kids - we left a lot behind. We left Christmas, Easter, New Years, etc., etc., etc. While I don't regret that decision, I still want my kids having fun childhood memories. What better way than to create memories surrounding YHWH's Feasts? I am making bread for the first time in my life today - and it is fun! We have the grill going and even family are coming to join us - that is great.
Shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves? Doesn't YHWH want us to enjoy these constant reminders about His plan of salvation?

I definitely don't begrudge anyone who wants a low key time or just wants to tack this day unto Memorial Day or what have you. But, we are embracing this full out. I don't think YHWH disapproves of me and my family looking forward to His Feast, I don't think He feels dishonored because me and my family are incorporating making bread today, or making matzoh for Unleavened Bread, or having lamb for Passover. Yes, some people do those things and they don't know YHWH. However, we know (and are learning more) about YHWH and we understand each of these Feasts are about celebrating our Heavenly Father in amazing anticipation of His complete plan unfolding.

Again, no judgement on those that don't get up and do a happy dance because today is Shabuwa, but we did and we are enjoying it and having a good time.
Offline FredSnell  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 4:08:08 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

dajstill wrote:
While I agree with the sentiment - I happen to enjoy the feasts! Me, my husband, my kids - we left a lot behind. We left Christmas, Easter, New Years, etc., etc., etc. While I don't regret that decision, I still want my kids having fun childhood memories. What better way than to create memories surrounding YHWH's Feasts? I am making bread for the first time in my life today - and it is fun! We have the grill going and even family are coming to join us - that is great.
Shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves? Doesn't YHWH want us to enjoy these constant reminders about His plan of salvation?

I definitely don't begrudge anyone who wants a low key time or just wants to tack this day unto Memorial Day or what have you. But, we are embracing this full out. I don't think YHWH disapproves of me and my family looking forward to His Feast, I don't think He feels dishonored because me and my family are incorporating making bread today, or making matzoh for Unleavened Bread, or having lamb for Passover. Yes, some people do those things and they don't know YHWH. However, we know (and are learning more) about YHWH and we understand each of these Feasts are about celebrating our Heavenly Father in amazing anticipation of His complete plan unfolding.

Again, no judgement on those that don't get up and do a happy dance because today is Shabuwa, but we did and we are enjoying it and having a good time.

Us also, Daj! My wife and I had a wonderful time with James and his wife, Patty, on the first of Shabuwah and we really probably over stayed our welcome, but they are such nice ppl to sit down and speak with, that you could stay up all night, but poor Patty, she was tierd and I could tell and my wife kept nudging me to lets let them get some rest, but of course I always have a million questions and we all know how obliging James is, so it took forever just saying goodbye. Next time I might get a chance to swig a few beers I brought instead of talking so much.
Offline knowing1  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 4:08:09 PM(UTC)
knowing1

I could not agree with you more Dajstill! Yah's feasts are all about having a good time and embracing Him. You are indeed doing the good thing by knowing the WHY of the Miqrah AND by celebrating by getting involved in doing things as a family all the while being aware of why these things are done. Keep up doing what you are doing.

Offline James  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2012 2:53:00 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
encounterHim wrote:
Us also, Daj! My wife and I had a wonderful time with James and his wife, Patty, on the first of Shabuwah and we really probably over stayed our welcome, but they are such nice ppl to sit down and speak with, that you could stay up all night, but poor Patty, she was tierd and I could tell and my wife kept nudging me to lets let them get some rest, but of course I always have a million questions and we all know how obliging James is, so it took forever just saying goodbye. Next time I might get a chance to swig a few beers I brought instead of talking so much.

I can assure you that you did not overstay your welcome. We had a great time, and i could have talked all night.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Richard  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 2:18:12 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I am jealous, you two. Green with it. No, ignore that ... that's a grass stain ... still, wish I coulda been there. Can't wait to get outta here and join up with all of you in Yah's presence.
Offline FredSnell  
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:02:18 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

FF, my wife would say, "you don't have to be jealous, Yada." Where she got that little saying she uses is only my guess, but she loves saying it when somene uses, "jealous"...lol. Let me tell you, those two are highly infectous ppl. There warm smiles, and make yourself welcoming attitudes is what makes them fun. But really, toss in some babies to top it all off, my wife would be dragging me there. It was a great time, only wish we had more of it.